“Excellent Staff and Room!” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #10 of 18 hotels in Blue Ash
Dayton, Ohio
“Excellent Staff and Room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I had never been to a Hyatt Place hotel so I did not know what to expect. Upon arrival, I was greeted by Reed. He introduced himself, was very friendly and checked me in quickly. I ended up needing to stay a while longer, and did not want to change hotels. Christina extended my stay with no problem and even offered to have my luggage moved when my original room type was not available on my extra day. The manager Tae, greeted me the next morning at breakfast. Finally, Steven was helpful when I needed a recommendation for a restaurant. Overall, a beautiful hotel, superb value, and a great staff!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
West PalmBeach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I am aHIlton member, full disclaimer.
I had an excellent experience last year at couple of Hyatt properties and thus tried one here.

First, let mesay the staff we excellent, and I think did their best. It was a packed hotel with a large hockey tournament. Proble, hard to run anice place when you have people bringing 6-8 guests per room, etc..
Lots of doors slamming, etc.

Very reasonable rate, but looks older property, these days, Im not happy at any hotel without a wall thermostat, maybe not important for others,
My biggest knock was that I am platinum member with Hyatt too, booked well in advance, yet got room on second floor, when I requested high floor from elevator.
I must say, that Hilton has always fulfilled my preference, quite disappointed over that.

otherwise, a nice property for the money, although again, older romms,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We got a great deal from Hotwire on a room here for a long weekend visit to Cincy. So good of a deal that we booked 2 rooms, one for our 2 sons and one for my spouse and I. The rooms were very spacious and I love the living room area and kitchenette/work area. The large flat screen TV and free wireless were bonuses for our boys. The beds were comfortable and rooms were clean. The only negative issue we had with our rooms were the noisy AC units. At times, it was hard to hear the TV when it was on and needed adjusted while off.

The outdoor pool area was nice and we swam one evening which was very quiet and relaxing and the following afternoon when it was a bit busier, but still enjoyable.

The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Actually, several days prior to our stay, I called and spoke to Summer to confirm my room request. She politely placed our requests for one double and one king room on our reservation. She assured us that that would do their very best to accomodate our requests, but there would be ample room for our boys with the living room section could be used as an additional sleeping area.

Upon our arrival, the young man who checked us in ( I forgot his name) was very kind and offered many suggestions to us for activities during our stay. He informed us of the Blue Ash festival and encouraged us to check it out. We infact, took his suggestion and enjoyed the festivities the following evening. He confirmed our room requests and gave us side by side rooms with the boys too.

There is a complimentary breakfast of cereal, pastries, fruit, coffee and juice, etc. available at no charge with our stay. For a small additional charge, there are meals to order. The lobby and seating areas were comfortable and spacious. The staff was young, friendly and helpful.

The Blue Ash area is close to everything...shopping, entertainment, restaurants, Kings Island, etc. The area and surrounding neighborhoods are beautiful communities. We would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend this location to others. Thank you Hyatt for a adding to our wonderful weekend in Cincinnati!

laguna niguel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We as a family of four stayed at the Hyatt Place twice during our vacation in August. The first two nights of our stay were fine, the room was clean and comfortable, although the noisy wall a/c was somewhat bothersome and the overwhelming smell of cleaning products in the lobby was annoying. We returned over the weekend and did not have a good experience at all.

We called to confirm late arrival and upon doing so we were told by "Steven" that our confirmed 2/double bed room was not going to be available. When asked why, as we had made the reservation one month prior, we were told the a/c units in those rooms were malfunctioning. We were specifically told by Steven that we would be compensated by $20 being deducted from our nightly rate of $139 (NEVER HAPPENED).

We arrived @ the hotel by 8 PM and it was a busy, noisy, overcrowded mess. It appeared that they either overbooked or do not know how to accomodate the max amount of people. Side note: the staff at the hotel are young, inexperienced and unprofessional, definitely NOT Hyatt caliber folks. As Steven mentioned, we were given a king room rather than the confirmed 2/dbl bed room which was a total disaster. The room was dirty, noisy, and had so much wear/tear we were surprised they even would rent it out. We complained and one of the numerous "managers" came up to inspect the filthy, spotted carpet and bathroom with urine splashed all over. NOTHING was done for us besides an "I'm sorry" - unreal!

The next day we were moved to a somewhat better room but the events and disaster from the previous night did not sit well with us. Upon check out, we spoke with several of the "managers" and explained our dissatisfaction with our stay. We further explained that we were told we would be compensated $20/per nite due to the unavailability of our CONFIRMED 2/double room. This credit DID NOT HAPPEN!!! Although two of the managers told us they would "correct" our bill, neither of them had the authority to do so. After one hour of meeting with them, another property manager "Tay" appeared on the scene and once again we had to relay our entire story to him. He was not only rude, he argued with us and basically called us liars. He was adamant that the Hyatt Place continually receives excellent reviews and no complaints (can't possibly be true).

They have a sign posted in the lobby indicating "if we don't earn a 10, let us know and we'll fix it" - we defintely let them know, but unfortunately they chose to not do anything about it. We travel quite a bit and have never experienced this type of service and lack of professionalism from a Hyatt brand hotel. We have learned a painful, costly lesson . . . stick to the Marriott brand hotels, you won't be disappointed. We will be sending our letter of complaint along with photos to the Hyatt President and Chief Executive Officer
Mark S. Hoplamazian.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Enjoyed a two night stay at the Hyatt Place. Stayed to watch the Cincy tennis tournament. The hotel printed out tournament iternaries that anyone could get on the front desk every morning.

The breakfast was great and included most things that you would expect from a hotel. The fresh fruit was nice (grapefruit and fruit salad).

The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are a nice size with a big 42 inch tv which is a big reason why I stay here. If you wanted to bring a blu-ray player along the connections are easily accessible on the side.

The pool is outdoor and well kept. The location is pretty good as well, and is pretty close to most things.

Service is great. Would go back again for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I joined my husband and son a day late at this hotel. My son had skped me a view of the room, and I was very delighted when I saw it. Unfortunately, it didn't quite live up to expectations.

When I went to the front desk to get a key for me, there was already someone waiting. The employee was talking on the phone to a customer, and texting on her phone. She finished her texting before she took care of us. The room had a musty smell, the beds and pillows were uncomfortable and small, the AC didn't work well, and housekeeping wasn't stellar. Every day we'd get new cups for the coffee machine, but the dirty ones were left, too.

The free breakfast was cereal and yogurt. Everything else has to be paid for. And they show you quite a beautiful spread, so you think you're going to get some really good food!

Checking out, there were two employees at the front desk. One was taking orders for the breakfast area, one was talking to a guest sitting in the breakfast area. A maintenance person saw the crowd waiting at the front desk and had to call her away from her conversation.

We stayed in this hotel, because it was the team hotel for a tournament we were in, but I would not choose it again with the many other choice that were out there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
taerchung, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
I'm sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We always look to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. In our area, we have always been rated one of the best due to our customer service and cleanliness. As you can imagine, when a hotel is sold out for several days, there may be times when a guest has to wait just a minute or two. We always do our best to service the guest in timely manner.
detroit, michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is a gorgeous hotel, and the pool is awesome. I loved the layout of the room and everything seemed updated, but the cleaning staff should be reprimanded for the shoddy job they did on this room. I found hair, including PUBIC HAIR, on the sheets and pillow cases (were they even washed?????), and there was something funky all over the toilet. GROSS!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I apologize that we had failed to meet your expectation. I will address the housekeeping concerns immediately with the team. We always strive to meet or exceed the expectation of our guests and its evident we failed to do so with you. Thank you for feedback; it will be addressed immediately.

Been to Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash? Share your experiences!