“Favorite Stop for breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
McConnelsville, Ohio
“Favorite Stop for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I always make sure this is on our getaway weekend list. The food anytime of day is great but I love the breakfast. Down home cooking and the pies are awsome. Also check if your renting a cabin because sometimes a voucher is included for meal at different restaurants and normally this is one. Very good prices for the great amount of food. Only problem is getting in. Always very crowded. Especially if you have more then 4 in your group.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Charming and busy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We came late, and we were well received. The waitresses are charming. My husband enjoyed listening to the locals speak. There was only one type of cherry pie left, but it was delicious! We were happy with our meal.

Visited October 2011
Ohio
“Not worth the wait....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

The food was ok, I had the roast beef dinner which was ok but my husband had the chicken and that was terrible....... everything was ok nothing great at all. they don't have anyone to seat you, you have to watch for a table to open up which is hard to see way in the back or on the sides, it was very crowded didn't not like it at all I will never return.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Galloway, Ohio
“Always a great place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Excellent food and a great selection. Definitely amish style. One of those places that you aren't sure of by looking at from the outside, but try it. You'll definitely be back.

Visited October 2011
Millersburg, Ohio
“Not my mother's home cooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I've heard it said that this is "where the locals eat". I've also heard that it's the best "Amish home cooking in the County". I guess that my mother had a different style of cooking because I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong...my meal was okay...just average. There was nothing on my plate that I would order again. Since they are 1 of 2 restaurants on Main Street in Berlin they are usually packed and that resulted in slow, not so friendly service. There are so many great restaurants in the area that I'm not sure that I would return to this one.

• Visited September 2011