“Train to Flavortown!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Ashland, Ohio
“Train to Flavortown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

If the setting inside an old train car isn't enough, the food will seal the deal. LOVED our burger and fish sandwich!! More than ample sized servings and the fries were awesome! Will definitely be back to try more of the interesting menu. U of M fans might want to steer clear, tho; the owner and decor definitely lean solidly to the Scarlet and Gray!

• Visited June 2012

Columbus
“OMG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Avert your eyes, vegetarians. En route back from Cleveland for the weekend, we "Yelped" this diner. Did I REALLY need to read the reviews? I mean, "hot dog in a diner car with home cut fries" should have been enough. But I read them, then I read them to my husband, then the six and eight year olds, and hopes high we pulled into the parking lot on the hill, after we passed the teepee and Native American on the horse. And wow, we were not disappointed! Food was great. Place is adorable. Menu perfect. Clean. Spongebob on the t.v. Spacious bathrooms. Nice to kids. And oh, the hot dog. It will haunt my dreams. I shouldn't have done it; I'll run ten miles tomorrow in penance but every single mile will be worth it. The fries, great. The kids loved the homemade mac & cheese, which was also fab-u-lous. Never, ever, ever will we hit the McD's at the foot of the hill. Never. Buckeye Express all the way.

• Visited May 2012
Mansfield, Ohio, United States
“Fast and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Interesting setting, inside an old train car. Food came fast. Was the best burger I've had in the greater Mansfield area. Fresh cut fries were good too. More food than i could eat in one sitting. Will return soon and often.

• Visited April 2012
Jackson
“Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Loved this diner. It was very clean, cute and the food fabulous! Very friendly atmosphere also. Would highly recommend.

Visited April 2012
“Best American food I've had in a long time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I had the hot dog basket "for small appetites". It was a 1/4 pound dog on a fresh, toasted bun. I asked for onion and it had chopped fresh onion- not diced from a bag! The fries are better than fair fries complete with vinegar, if you like. The homemade applesauce is the best- sweet, cinnamon with chunky apples. My husband had "Woody's burger" - a 1/2 pound lean burger with horseradish sauce on a fresh toasted kaiser bun. Don't miss this place when you're in the area!