“Best BBQ Ribs!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
USA
“Best BBQ Ribs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I live in Columbus Ohio. I am a transporter for a dog rescue group. I drove a dog to Bellville about a month ago and stopped into KC's Steak and BBQ. They have the best ribs I have had for ages! They have a rub and smoked flavor and the sauce is perfect. I also had the onion rings that were so light and delicious! Just transported a dog to Bellville today and knew we were stopping in to eat at KCs again. My friend and I both had the 12OZ Rib-eye medium rare, baked potato and southern green beans. Our steaks were cooked to perfection! Potato and green beans were delish. We both ordered a full slab of ribs and onion rings to go. My husband just finished his half slab and said they were the best he'd ever had! Not sure why there were a few negative reviews regarding the ribs ? I am a bbq snob and they taste perfect to me!. If you go on a Saturday afternoon Julie will take care of you. Tell her hi from Paula & Tammy from Columbus

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rochester, New York
“Better choice than the fast foods at this exit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We travel this interstate quite a bit and stop at this restaurant frequently. We love the western style decor and it has a decent beer and wine list. I recently had their surf and turf (sirloin and monk fish) and both were cooked exactly as I ordered. Friendly service and the food came quickly. We always try to eat local rather than at chain restaurants. We received good advice about where NOT to stay in Columbus, too. We'll probably stop here again sometime.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, Colorado
“Not Kansas City's ribs and steak...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I don't know what I expected in Ohio, but it wasn't BBQ like you'd find in KC. The ribs had been cooked well, they fell off the bone - no knife needed, but the sauce was very sweet. My hubby had steak - it was ok, nothing to get excited about. Order your salad with dressing on the side or you'll have dressing soup with a few pieces of lettuce. It looks like a hole in the wall roadhouse. The staff was friendly. Desserts looked delicious - but we didn't have one.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pretty Average BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

K.C.'s is about what you would expect from the outside - it is a hole in the wall right off the highway. The meat is mediocre, the salad a little sad, and the BBQ sauce underwhelming. Some of the sides are quite good, and the mushroom/onion combination which they top the steaks with was actually really good. The service was somewhat overbearing, but in a very homely way. If you're in the area, it's worth eating at, but I wouldn't go out of my way to dine there.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bellville, Ohio
“The Best Ribs and Steaks Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I travel fairly often and have not had a better rack of ribs before. They also offer a full bar along with many cuts of locally grown steaks!

Visited May 2014