“Victorian Tudor Inn hits a home run!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victorian Tudor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellevue
Victorian Tudor Inn
Save Saved
You added Victorian Tudor Inn to your Saves list
408 W. Main St, Bellevue, OH 44811   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Bellevue B&B and Inns
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Victorian Tudor Inn hits a home run!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stay in inns all over the country and would put this one at the top of our list. if it is true that the innkeeper makes the inn than you can use this one as proof of the rule. Richard was a great host, accommodated our reservation completely, was warm and welcoming, and served as our personal guide to NW Ohio. As gracious as he was his inn was just as pleasing. it was elegant, spotless, and had beautiful treasurers at every turn. As soon as we walked in it felt like home. Richard and his Inn made a weekend stay a lifetime experience.

Room Tip: use the nautical room if available. it is stunning
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our weekend stay was outstanding. As soon as we walked in we were impressed completely and it only got better when we saw our suite. It was very large with beautiful paintings and carpets on the hardwood floors and a wonderful queen size Victorian bed. I am fussy with bathrooms and our private bathroom was one of the cleanest and well decorated ones I have had. Our Innkeeper, Richard, was so helpful and professional. We had all the privacy we needed but he was there when required. He is a great cook and prepared wonderful breakfasts. We will highly recommend The Victorian Tudor Inn to our friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This place appears to be a country inn. It's really along a busy stretch of highway and there is a lot of road noise from the semi trucks. Trains go through every half hour. The beds are soft and the stairs are narrow so if you have a back problem it will be a rough stay. We left one night early because of this; my wife has back problems. The innkeeper refused to refund our money for several days. He was offering us to stay in another room. His partner showed us another room while we were there and it had a bed that was just as soft as the first. He ignored our emails and phone calls until we filed a complaint with BBB. He also told BBB that he has a room available on the the first floor with a firmer mattress that could have been an option; this was never communicated to us in this whole process. Then he resolved the issue according to our wishes and refunded the one night we did not stay. His write up to the BBB made it sound like we are picky-don't believe it. This is the only place we ever had to pay the bill up front and we have stayed all over the world and accross the United States. We usually enjoy the hotels we stay at. This was our first bed and breakfast and it has made us wary of them. The innkeeper was also away on business consulting with a universtiy during our stay. He checked us in and then left. His partner the chef cooked us breakfast and we were given his phone number in case there were any issues. The chef was very nice to us and his food was good. However, we had to go through the innkeeper to try to resolve issues. It seems to be a theme in other reviews that the innkeeper is not there during customer stays.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
innkeeperrichard, Owner at Victorian Tudor Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
We of course attempt to please 100% of our guests and I realize that is not likely. But I will be happy with 98% or so! After 6 years I know at check-in the very few we will not please and I knew it with this guest as there were other issues unrelated to the Inn that was apparent. Are beds are wonderful as guests have commented on. They are all upscale mattresses replaced every three yrs. with solid brand names. Some of the beds have down pillowtops which can be removed for a harder mattress feel. Read all the reviews in their totality to truly understand our Inn. These guests are presenting erroneous information. I try not to take this personally but when it is your business, your passion it is troubling. I will fess up to my errors b/c I make them. But we all bent over backwards to assist this couple and their reasons just kept changing. And by the way, in six years I have checked-in, attended and made breakfast for all but 6 guests, out of hundreds! Because an innkeeper needs to "connect" with the guests! Thank you for reading this.
Hyde Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This beautifully decorated Inn has a Tudor exterior and totally decorated in Victorian furnishings. There is so much to look at with beautiful antiques around every corner. The guest suites are so lovely and warm, decorated with antique furniture and romantic lighting. After traveling, I took a cozy bubble bath in the large Jacuzzi tub and then sank into my fluffy comfortable bed. A great nights rest lead to a super breakfast of waffles and fresh fruit the next morning.
Upon arrival we were greeted and made to feel welcome by the Inn keeper, Richard, he made our stay pleasant and remember-able. I would recommend staying here if you are anywhere in the area. It was a great experience for being our first stay at a B & B.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The most beautiful place I have ever stayed. Mr.Stegman was a gracious host. The rooms had everything you could imagine. It was remarkably clean, and organized. And I would gladly stay there again next time I'm in Bellevue,Ohio.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm writing a review though I have not stayed at this bed and breakfast. Why? Because I booked 2 nights to stay here to have a romantic anniversary. I booked in Feb. for a weekend in Aug. I paid in advance in full through Priceline. I received a phone call less then 24 hours before I was to leave saying the "Hotel" is overbooked and I have to stay somewhere else. Priceline took care of me the best they could on no notice,and I'm sure it will be just as romantic at the Best Western. This is a burn me once situation. Be careful planning to stay here. Paid in full over 6 months in advance still doesn't promise a room. Don't believe the hype.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
This guest has every reason to be angry. But, unfortunately the anger is misplaced. This reservation was booked through priceline (via bedandbreakfast.com). Because there tends to be problems with these large booking agencies with small Inns we stopped being a part of them in Jan. 2013. Unfortunately for some reason this woman's reservation went through priceline (and actually one other in Sept. which we were to accommodate). We had no idea of this reservation until this guest called and we had no space available. I do feel for this women and honestly people not reserve through these groups, at least not with Inns. You can almost always get a better price from the Innkeeper anyway. I did spend hours with bedandbreakfast.com to insure this kind of thing would never happen to my Inn again. I apologize to this guest.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I believe this was our third visit, and was again excellent. Each visit finds new amenities and a slightly different decor that permits us to experience something different. We love the look and comfort and attention to detail. The Victorian Tudor Inn has always been so clean and unique. We recommend this Inn highly; frankly it is the ONLY place worth staying at in Bellevue.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Victorian Tudor Inn? Share your experiences!