“Unique and Quaint” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Bellevue B&B and Inns
Hyde Park, New York
“Unique and Quaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This beautifully decorated Inn has a Tudor exterior and totally decorated in Victorian furnishings. There is so much to look at with beautiful antiques around every corner. The guest suites are so lovely and warm, decorated with antique furniture and romantic lighting. After traveling, I took a cozy bubble bath in the large Jacuzzi tub and then sank into my fluffy comfortable bed. A great nights rest lead to a super breakfast of waffles and fresh fruit the next morning.
Upon arrival we were greeted and made to feel welcome by the Inn keeper, Richard, he made our stay pleasant and remember-able. I would recommend staying here if you are anywhere in the area. It was a great experience for being our first stay at a B & B.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The most beautiful place I have ever stayed. Mr.Stegman was a gracious host. The rooms had everything you could imagine. It was remarkably clean, and organized. And I would gladly stay there again next time I'm in Bellevue,Ohio.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm writing a review though I have not stayed at this bed and breakfast. Why? Because I booked 2 nights to stay here to have a romantic anniversary. I booked in Feb. for a weekend in Aug. I paid in advance in full through Priceline. I received a phone call less then 24 hours before I was to leave saying the "Hotel" is overbooked and I have to stay somewhere else. Priceline took care of me the best they could on no notice,and I'm sure it will be just as romantic at the Best Western. This is a burn me once situation. Be careful planning to stay here. Paid in full over 6 months in advance still doesn't promise a room. Don't believe the hype.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
innkeeperrichard, Owner at Victorian Tudor Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
This guest has every reason to be angry. But, unfortunately the anger is misplaced. This reservation was booked through priceline (via bedandbreakfast.com). Because there tends to be problems with these large booking agencies with small Inns we stopped being a part of them in Jan. 2013. Unfortunately for some reason this woman's reservation went through priceline (and actually one other in Sept. which we were to accommodate). We had no idea of this reservation until this guest called and we had no space available. I do feel for this women and honestly people not reserve through these groups, at least not with Inns. You can almost always get a better price from the Innkeeper anyway. I did spend hours with bedandbreakfast.com to insure this kind of thing would never happen to my Inn again. I apologize to this guest.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I believe this was our third visit, and was again excellent. Each visit finds new amenities and a slightly different decor that permits us to experience something different. We love the look and comfort and attention to detail. The Victorian Tudor Inn has always been so clean and unique. We recommend this Inn highly; frankly it is the ONLY place worth staying at in Bellevue.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stopped here on a cross-country road trip, after having a nearly impossible time finding anywhere to stay between Philadelphia and Chicago; I was traveling with my dog, and in most of Ohio, it's only the gross motels that allow dogs. (I don't believe the Victorian Tudor Inn is generally pet-friendly either, but after my reassurances that my dog is extremely clean, quiet, and well-behaved, and that we would leave if anyone had a problem with her, Richard was kind enough to welcome us both). The house itself is gorgeous, and my dog wanted to spend her whole day lounging on the beautifully manicured lawn. My room was beautiful and very clean, and the bathroom had many nice extra little touches. As all the other reviewers say, Richard was an extremely kind, gracious, and interesting host, I greatly enjoyed talking with him while enjoying the yummy breakfast he made. (and the breakfast time is flexible! Very nice compared to most B&Bs, which often have very early "now or never" breakfast times and get mad if you don't show up). My only complaint was that the room was quite hot -- I turned the thermostat down a few times, but it somehow kept resetting itself to 80. But it may have just been something dumb I did (& it was also extremely hot outside), I have no doubt that Richard would have adjusted it had I asked. By far the nicest place within a couple hundred miles.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Prairie Villlage Kansas USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We experienced the perfect stay at Victorian Tudor Inn located in Bellevue Ohio. The grounds were manicured to perfection and the home was impeccably decorated in true Victorian style. We were very impressed with our room with a large bath and very comfortable bed. In the evening we enjoyed complimentary wine furnished by the host and an exquisite breakfast in the morning. The professional host was aware of our concerns and graciously found a venue for fine dining in the evening. The off street parking is a real plus. After staying at many Bed and Breakfasts in the UK, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand as well as USA, we would place the Victorian Tudor Inn at the top of the list. This is destination not to be missed. John Wayne

Room Tip: Nature Room or the Suite
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Every stay at The Victorian Tudor Inn has been a wonderful experience for us. For business I recently had to stay at a Westin, supposedly an upscale hotel. Compared to this B & B it is a far cry from upscale. The Victorian Tudor Inn is truly upscale in its accommodations, so wonderfully detailed and so clean. Additonally, you get so many extras that are complimtary (wine, bottled water, soda, internet, etc.). Plus you don't get just a few channels you get a couple hundred with free movies. And, most importantly, you get wonderful service (great Innkeeper), wonderful breakfasts, and you just feel like your treated like Prince. I wish there was a chain of The Victorian Tudor Inn!!!

Room Tip: All suites are very nice; the Nautical and Greenslade have wonderfully large jacuzzi's.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Victorian Tudor Inn? Share your experiences!