“A Treasure of an Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Bellevue B&B and Inns
Westerville, Ohio
“A Treasure of an Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

The Victorian Tudor Inn is truly one of the gems of northwest Ohio. We stayed at The Victorian Tudor Inn for our honeymoon and are so happy we choose it. The home is breathtaking, and our suite (the Greenslade Suite) exceeded every expectation. The suite was enormous, and the Jacuzzi tub was perfect for two.
Our innkeeper, Richard, is a charming gentleman who makes his guests feel like treasured friends. From the first moment we walked up the side steps, we were greeted by Richard and Russell, a neighbor’s adorable cat that spends most days on the inn’s front porch.
It is obvious Richard loves what he does. He makes the most wonderful breakfasts, so bring your appetites. Request his delectable waffles a day in advance because it is a special recipe that needs to “proof” overnight. We were also treated to wine, coffee and snacks any time we wished.
Richard also provided us with special “extras” like homemade chocolates from a local shop and a wine tasting at Hermes Winery (tip: enjoy a glass of wine out in the vineyard around 10pm Friday and Saturday during the summer and you’ll have a perfect view of the Cedar Point fireworks). He also set up a manicure for me at a local salon.
The location of The Victorian Tudor Inn is very convenient to local attractions. Cedar Point and Port Clinton (if you’d like to catch a ferry to the Lake Erie Islands) are only 20 minutes away. Larger cities, like Toledo and Cleveland, are about 45 minutes to an hour away.
As a final note, my husband was pretty cautious about staying at a B&B for our honeymoon. Our stay at The Victorian Tudor Inn completely changed his opinion. We are already planning our next stay for later in the year.
Thank you, Richard, for making our stay so special!!

Room Tip: If you need anything, just ask. Richard is very accomodating.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

My wife located this B & B and I was not sure; but as soon as I saw in person this place, went inside and then met the Innkeeper my fears were completely dashed. If other B & B's are like this I've been missing out. Although I suspect this one is special, with its recent Best Hotel of the Year award (it beat Kalahari in Sandusky and the Ritz in Cleveland) and the reviews of its guests. Let me just say, it is clean, unique, GREAT coffee and breakfasts, and wonderful service from the Innkeeper. I will add the suites are private, each having a great bathroom -our suite was even in a private wing. You get a lot of "freebies" with their very reasonable rates - even rinky dink motels in the area charge more than this Inn. I would highly recommend, and guys let your wives pick your place to stay - b/c I would have never picked this one. And, I am really glad she did.

Room Tip: any suite is good here
North Ridgeville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I really needed a getaway and wanted to stay over someplace for a quick two-day vacation. Originally we considered a much bigger resort near Sandusky, but after looking through Trip Advisor I found this place--it was much cheaper and SO MUCH BETTER! The inn is just so charming--I think it only has four or five rooms total, very large house, quiet, with beautiful antiques. The host, Richard, is the nicest guy. My husband and I had long conversations with him on numerous subjects over our delicious breakfasts. Our room, the Nautica Suite, had a Jacuzzi tub that we used every day, a huge bed that was so comfortable and the whole suite was very clean--which is a big thing for me. There were candles everywhere in the house (9 in our room alone) which added to the ambiance. We loved our stay and would do it again in a minute!

Milan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

After weeks of staring into computer screens at our respecive offices, my friend and I decided to treat ourselves to a little weekend escape--and we couldn't have been more pleased with the Victorian Tudor Inn. Richard is a delightful host whose lifelong passion for the Victorian aesthetic is reflected throughout his lovely home. And French toast and bacon in the morning... marvelous. We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Toledo, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

Everything about our stay was great! The B&B was very easy to find & the house is gorgeous. We stayed in the Greenslade Suite and it was perfect. Nice big bathroom with a large jacuzzi, extra bedroom with 2 beds, and a large bedroom at the end of our hallway as well. Very fun and relaxing weekend. Went to Firelands Winery which is 10-15 minutes away. Took Richard's advice & had pizza delivered from The Pizza House West & it was so good! Cinnammon french toast, fresh fruit, and bacon the next morning was delicious! We hated to leave...but definitely plan to return!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

This B & B is truly unique, it is gorgeous. The rooms have beds that are so comfortable, and all spacious with huge bathrooms ( we peeked at the other rooms, but stayed in the huge Greenslade Suite). The Inn is tastefully decorated with many antiques - paintings, oriental carpets, art glass, etc. And it is impeccably clean. The two things I would highlight out of all the wonderful stuff would be the breakfasts and the Innkeeper. Breakfasts are made to order, homemade waffles, french toast, Amish puffy pancakes, omeletes.... Richard, the Innkeeper is very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

So glad the Reunion Committee mentioned this alternative to the local motels! Beautiful house, comfortable room, gracious host -- like being home, but with a better breakfast. So much to see inside, and I'm looking forward to the next reunion so I can return.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Victorian Tudor Inn? Share your experiences!