“German tavern” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Bellevue, Ohio
“German tavern”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

It's really nice inside. It has a Bavarian decor. A fireplace, nice, open seating. They specialize in German cuisine. They also have a vast variety of beers. The prices are good. The menu, doesn't offer too much variety.

Visited March 2014

Bellevue, Ohio
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

excellent food- new cooks- luv the reuben- chicken and spatzel- is delicious and you get quite a large amount

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellevue, OH
“Best Saukraut Balls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Most of the food is very good. I wish the German food was more what I like, but I know they are trying and have had a turn over of chefs. The Jaeger Burger is wonderful and a favorite when we dine there along with the Jaeger Schnitzel. They have a great selection of Beers and some good wines. The service is good and everyone is very pleasant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huron, Ohio, United States
“Been there several times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

With the change in chefs throughout the year or so, the food greatly approved and service it good. The choice in draft beer is excellent

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Collinsville, Illinois
“Skip it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stopped by while visiting Cedar Point. The decor is nice, the staff is friendly, but that's where the fun stops. We had an appetizer, it was ok. I've been to Germany, this is not very authentic for German food, but that is based on what I got to eat of it. The mushroom gravy on my Schnitzel wasn't very warm and a bit gelatinous to begin with and the noodles in my wife's chicken spatzel were dry and cold. Then a storm came through, (not their fault) but after two bites or so of our meal we were shuffled into the bathroom to take cover in the dark. After the tornado passed we came back out with the power still off so we surveyed the damage outside. The owner was out running around the building looking at damage, no one cared if the customers were alright. We helped move some branches out of the parking lot and then I asked what I owed (we did have soft drinks and an appetizer). Low and behold, we were charged full price for the meal. I left very hungry and pretty mad. They put the kids burger in a box for him since he didn't even get a bite, even though we declined boxes, how nice. Who wants to microwave their German food in a hotel microwave and try to slap it on a paper plate and eat it on a bed? That's worth $50 plus dollars right? I think not. Based on this, I cannot recommend.

• Visited July 2013