“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bellefontaine
Burlington, Canada
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Kristal helped me with everything:

Checking in and making me feel at home
Finding a good pizza place to order in
Letting me know where to find a restaurant the second night
Helping me with wifi connectivity for my BlackBerry
Helping me with checking into my flight the next day
Thanks Kristal! You deserve my recommendation!
Martin

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
meinohio50364, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
We cerainly appreciate our friends from the North and we are very pleased that you found our hotel to be a wonderful stopover.Great service at a great price is always our goal! Thank you for your glowing recommendation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I was at a business meeting in Bellefontaine on October 16-18, 2011. I used a power point and could not locate my hard copy of the presentation. Kristal who was the manager at the desk helped me out immediately. Printed a good copy for me and said no charge.

PROFESSOR MARY MARGARET PAZDAN

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the top floor. It would be quieter and afford a better view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
meinohio50364, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Thank you for your response! Kristal truly exemplifies our principles of guest service as putting the needs of our guests first is our primary responsibility, not just our "job". Come back and see us again.....We love putting the "Comfort" in Comfort Inn!
CINCINNATI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I was a bit concerned after reading some of the other reviews, but we found this hotel very pleasant and also clean. Certainly you get what you pay for and this is not a 5-star resort, but the rooms are plenty big, the internet is good (and free), and breakfast is adequate. Lots of parking and easy to find. The hotel also has a bar open at nights which appeared to be hopping, and an outdoor pool and a fitness room. People at the desk were well organized and check in/out was fast and painless. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: no elevator, so if you have lots of luggage or difficulty with stairs, ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
meinohio50364, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you very much for your review. The property has come under new management and I believe that reviews such as yours will now be the norm. We are striving to provide the best service, cleanliness and caring staff with an emphasis on value and guest satisfaction. Come see us again!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed here for one night. We were on route from one family reunion to another in parts of Ohio without larger cities conveniently close. This was about our halfway point. If we had known what this experience would have been, we would have driven the extra distance out of our way to stay somewhere decent.

The room was not unclean, but nothing special at all. Very utilitarian and small. The towels left little fibers all over you when you used them. Whenever anyone on the floor shut their door, it sounded like they were slamming it, which happened until very late at night and started very early in the morning. Starting around 6 AM, we counted 9 slams in a period of a few minutes. Finally fell back to sleep for a few minutes, to be awakened by the people that apparently didn't want their kids in the room so sent them into the hall to run up and down the hall and yell. This excited a dog in either their room or another who then spent 30 minutes whining and barking.

My husband went downstairs to get coffee and walked by the pool thinking that he would go back down with our son who had been promised a swim. The sight of dirty towels, trash and empty pizza boxes all around the pool area changed that plan.

Wireless internet may be free, but you need a login and password to access it. That's fine, but when nobody will answer the phone at the front desk it's impossible to get this. They seem to be rarely there at the front desk - evidenced by the 5 minute wait for someone to arrive at the front desk for check in and the sign that said front desk clerk will return shortly when I went to check out). So, we were never able to use the allegedly free wireless internet.

I would definitely not stay here again, and would never recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bellefontaine hotels

Rochester, Mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Second time here with a group so we knew what to expect. Very small breakfast area and lobby. Rooms were very noisy! We could hear the people in the next room sneeze and speak in a normal tone of voice--not too mention the elephant above us. Checked for bed bugs and didn't see any, as mentioned in other reviews. Had whirlpool tub (which we didn't request) which had a strange setup--shower head in middle of ceiling and too high to adjust, and very high tub sides. Don't know how anyone over 69 could manage. This is about t he only place in Bellevontaine so we'll probably be here again, but it wouldn't be my choice. Also, no elevator. Make sure you request 1st floor room if this is a problem.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
dayton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Okay so I live in dayton Ohio and we decided to go to indian lake but we did not want to drive home after so we rented a room here. When we pull up and go to check in the guy behind the counter was very very very rude and poorly dressed. he explained the rules about the pool and how we were to use the pool towels not the room towels. we get to our room they had given us and the toliet was broke of course their fix it guy was gone for the day so they moved us rooms. Then we asked for a roll away bed that they did not bring us till 11:30 at night did i mention that i had 3 kids with me. there were no pool towels so my kids had to go from the heat dripping wet to the air conditioned hotel and two of the caught colds. then we go to bed and wake up to find that we had been eaten alive while we slept. so i go to the front desk and show the girl working our legs arms and my sons face. she tells me how sorry they are that bed bugs is a real problem for them right now. said she would not charge me for the roll away and comp 20 dollars back to my card. i say okay. get home and my sons face is so bad he ends up going to the hospital for the bites on top of a cold. Finally i call my bank and not only did they not credit back the 20 dollars they charged me a addional 10 for the bed and 15 in phone calls they said we made that we never did we all had cell phones! I will never stay at a comfort inn agagin as long as i live next time i will take a tent and camp and save myself $200. Worest place ever...do not stay here!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Compared to most Comfort Inns I have visited - this one seemed to be a good value for the money. Breakfast selection was decent, always parking available, and clean for the most part. Carpeting in the hallway and the room was a bit on the dingy side, but tolerable. The building (especially the room I got) did have a musty/dank smell to it as many other reviews stated.

Probably my biggest issue here was that the staff didn't want to take my payment! I booked the room on a credit card that I had since cancelled. I informed the gal at the desk of this when I checked in - and she told me that I could just pay the cash (per my request) at the end of the stay. I wanted to pay then (didn't want a week's stay worth of cash sitting my pocket all week long) - but she insisted that I needed to pay at the departure. I then got a call after 10:30pm (waking me up) the next night telling me there was an issue with the credit card I was using to pay - and it had been denied. DUH! Didn't appreciate the late night wake up call to tell me the obvious - especially after a long day's work outdoors. I was told to go to the front desk the next morning to pay so I could remain there - and my weekly rate had gone from $396 to $470!!!. Went the next morning to the desk - and they still wouldn't take my cash payment - but worked my rate out to match the price I got when originally booked online. I was warned not to "skip out" without not paying - I mean, come on - - - - - I was trying to pay since day one and they wouldn't take the paymemt. If I had skipped out (and I didn't) - it would have been their foolishness for refusing money the first two times!!!

Had to wait until the week was up to pay for the room.... That was just so non-typical of a hotel.

Looked like the nicer place at that intersection, by the way!

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!