“OK Hotel at a fair price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bellefontaine
Milwaukee
“OK Hotel at a fair price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Compared to most Comfort Inns I have visited - this one seemed to be a good value for the money. Breakfast selection was decent, always parking available, and clean for the most part. Carpeting in the hallway and the room was a bit on the dingy side, but tolerable. The building (especially the room I got) did have a musty/dank smell to it as many other reviews stated.

Probably my biggest issue here was that the staff didn't want to take my payment! I booked the room on a credit card that I had since cancelled. I informed the gal at the desk of this when I checked in - and she told me that I could just pay the cash (per my request) at the end of the stay. I wanted to pay then (didn't want a week's stay worth of cash sitting my pocket all week long) - but she insisted that I needed to pay at the departure. I then got a call after 10:30pm (waking me up) the next night telling me there was an issue with the credit card I was using to pay - and it had been denied. DUH! Didn't appreciate the late night wake up call to tell me the obvious - especially after a long day's work outdoors. I was told to go to the front desk the next morning to pay so I could remain there - and my weekly rate had gone from $396 to $470!!!. Went the next morning to the desk - and they still wouldn't take my cash payment - but worked my rate out to match the price I got when originally booked online. I was warned not to "skip out" without not paying - I mean, come on - - - - - I was trying to pay since day one and they wouldn't take the paymemt. If I had skipped out (and I didn't) - it would have been their foolishness for refusing money the first two times!!!

Had to wait until the week was up to pay for the room.... That was just so non-typical of a hotel.

Looked like the nicer place at that intersection, by the way!

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hudsonville, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

In the past three weeks I have stayed at the Comfort Inn two different times. The staff was always very friendly. They seemed to be short staffed but that did not matter on how we were treated. The rooms did need some fixings but nothing major and they were clean for me and I am a fanatic about hotel cleanliness. Seeing a past review about bed bugs we checked our beds and there was no sign at all. This last time we were there our family had 4 rooms booked with not complaints. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

This is what all Comfort Inns aspire to be. It was clean, comfortable and staff was friendly. I've never seen a better-kept breakfast area. The attendant was a wonderful lady who kept everything spotless & fully stocked. She helped guests in the most friendly way. Even the housekeeping staff was friendly in greeting us on our way out of the room in the morning. The bar is a nice touch, friendly upbeat place to relax after a long day. Would very much recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

A large group travelled to this hotel for a wedding in the area. People had driven several hours to attend this wedding, and at least three rooms were checked out of immediately due to the filth and the spotting of bed bugs. We personally witnessed bed bugs crawling on the comforter. I immediately looked up photographs of bed bugs online and it was an exact match.

It's a shame that a nationally recognized brand has such a filthy facility. I have done a lot of travelling in my day, and have never had to write a negative review about any hotel. The bathrooms were covered in hair, the floors were filthy and left socks and feet black.

When some of the guests approached the front desk to check out, the front desk seemed as if bed bugs were no big deal, and as if it was a normal occurrence. The person at the front desk told me "this is happening all over the nation sir".

Stay away from this place. Unfortunately, it seems as if the best choice in Bellefountaine for lodging would be to sleep in your car.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bellefontaine hotels

Windy City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

We stayed at Bellefontaine's Comfort Inn in May 2009. As mentioned by another reviewer, hotel choices in this area are slim. While the room was clean, it had a very musty odor that was quite unpleasant. I would highly recommend opening the windows to air out the room if at all possible. The carpet showed wear as did the furnishings. Noise was an issue. We could hear guests in other rooms. We could also hear music from the Fountain Lounge, a bar that is housed within this facility and stays open until 2:30 am. If you are traveling and need a place to stay en route to another destination, I highly recommend continuing on towards Columbus or another larger area for a better facility at a comparable rate.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

Affordable, convenient to restaurants. Front desk was accommodating. Interior shows wear and tear exemplifying an odor. Room was clean.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

Ok experience, hotel seems to be older so carpet shows some wear/odors. Has a Lounge on site, and couple of local restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!