“Do not stay here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bellefontaine Inn Hotel

You added Bellefontaine Inn Hotel to your Saves list
Bellefontaine Inn Hotel
1134 North Main Street, Bellefontaine, OH 43311 (Formerly Prince Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bellefontaine
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

I spent the night in the dump about two weeks ago. I should have checked Trip Advisor before I booked the room but I did not.

I don't know where to start. First it looked as if the room had not been cleaned after the previous guest. The ice bucked was half full of water with a plastic bag floating in it. There were packets of coffee but no coffee pot. The room was just generally disreputable and not very clean. I also left a 5:30am wake call which never came. when I complained on checkout the clerk just shrugged his sholders.

• Liked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Greenfield, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

Get new managers, a lot of soap and water, a repair crew, and a paint crew, and in a few months, the place might be passable. The room was sort of clean and nicely furnished, but that's that was good. The ice machine never worked properly, if at all, and the management kept saying it was because people were filling coolers. Well, as I pointed out to them, 75% of their patrons at that time were on motorcycles and most of us don't carry coolers. The last night he finally quit lying and admitted it wasn't working. After so many peole complained, he finally went to the gas station and got bagged ice. The hot and cold water were plumbed backwards in the shower.

Also, of course the employees were foreigners who spoke very poor English, so you could barely understand what they were saying. The manager was rude - at one point we were going through a series of two doors at the same time. He went through, never offering to open and let me pass through first. Even if they have no respect for women in their country, I was a guest in his facility and he should have had a little respect for his clientelle.

The stairwells were filthy, the doors to the hallways looked as thought they hadn't been washed in years. The downstairs hallway walls were dirty, although the upstairs wasn't too bad. The outside doors of the rooms were dirty and scratched badly, some of the air conditioners only partially worked. The curtains only opened about a foot, even though the entire wall was windows. In the mornings there was never enough orange juice until people complained, then they filled the machine. No one ever seemed to clean or straighten the breakfast area during breakfast time, so it was always messy.

Don't spend your $$ here! You'll do MUCH better elsewhere!!

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Overall quality of motel and manager/staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Bellefontaine hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

This was the worst hotel ever. We had 3 rooms in one day. After 2 days we changed to the Comfort Inn as we couldn't stand it any longer. It was the dirtiest disgusting place we have ever been. Maid service (what was that?)
The housekeeping was non existant. Rooms not made up, bathrooms not cleaned, no hot water for showers, we had to make up our own bed for our son. The continental breakfast was a couple of Hostess doughnut boxes and a gallon of milk that was left out on the counter for who knows how long. I wouldn't eat anything from here anyway as it was soooo dirty.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Philadelphia, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2005

I was in Bellefontaine for a wedding. The only rooms available were at this hotel. The bathroom fixtures were all loose and I was afraid they were going to come off in my hand. There was no room number, only a piece of cardboard with the room number written in pencil. (My first clue this was going to be scarey) I pulled back the covers and there were still indents in the bedding from the previous occupant. Obviously the linens had not been changed. There were spider webs in the corners that had been there for quite sometime, considering the number of occupants on the web. I had to shower and rush to the wedding, or I would not have stayed there at all. The towels were so rough, they actually hurt when you used them.

I came back from the wedding and just packed and left....did not stay all night.....horrible...horrible...this was in 2004....can't believe the place is still opened. I drove an hour to Columbus to stay with family...this was at MIDNIGHT!

• Stayed June 2004
bellefontaine,oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2005

i live in bellefontaine. and found myself needing a place to stay when the electric went out over most of the town. this place was one of the only joints still alive and kicking. i really think during the emergency we had they could have come down in there prices somewhat. but anyway after checking in the hallways smelled of mold, they had buckets out catching water from melting snow. the bathroom still had someone else's --- hairs lying on the floor. the outside window was cracked and cold air was still coming in. to walk around the hotel you had to bundle up because they didn't want to heat up the hallways. plus there was a big condemed sign on the swimming pool doorway. (it was an indoor cesspool). management was not very helpful at all. i really suggest staying away from this one.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2004

Upon going to bed we pulled back the comforter and found rodent dung IN the bed. Over and beyond disgusting and I would not stay there is it was free. Management was shameless and unprofessional.. All facts are noted in a police report.

Been to Bellefontaine Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!