“Just above average Mexican, somewhat annoying staff” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 99 Restaurants in Beavercreek
Cuisines: Mexican
New Hampshire
“Just above average Mexican, somewhat annoying staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This really should be a higher rating, but the staff really annoyed me. The hostesses seemed uninterested, and our waiter seemed a little overwhelmed and yet over eager, given that we usually had to call him over. I will give them credit for dealing with a large party of 5 kids and 4 parents (and splitting the bill four ways) though. The dining room was a little overcrowded (with seats, not guests), and even though the place was not too busy that made it difficult to move around. The food was good, but not terribly memorable. The main reason we went here was because they had gluten free options, a requirement of one of our group. I would probably give them another try if I was back in Beavercreek.

Visited June 2013

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good Mexican!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

If you are looking for some authentic Mexican, chips, salsa, beer, and margaritas, this is the place to go. We split a combo plate for $12, it had two tacos and three enchiladas and we were stuffed. The waitress was very nice! Hope to come back from happy hour!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Puyallup, Washington
“Not Bad for a Chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Predictable menu and service--no surprises here. Staff are very friendly and willing to accommodate special requests. Good margaritas.

Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Lame”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Salsa was OK, though I found myself dousing it with the bottle of Texas Pete lovingly provided as part of my condiment set. Chips were thin and boring. Service started off OK but later had me wondering, "Where the hell is this dude..?" He also apparently didn't believe in promptly clearing away empty dishes.

Fajita burrito. The peppers were hardly cooked, ended up picking most of them out because they outnumbered the chicken. Overall, I found myself looking for places to dunk my bites: Salsa? Refries? In my Dos Equis? It was only a little better than eating a shoe. Refried beans were watered down, so that was a nice side of bean soup.

Dessert is the only thing I feel like praising. Ice cream tacos. You'd have to be talented to screw that up. These were decent, although simple and, as expected, still resembling shape of their freezer package.

My friend and I went to the upstairs bar after dinner. I ordered vodka and Sprite. It arrived in a 20oz soda glass. "You're...f---ing kidding me, right?" I thought to myself. I wondered why they hadn't given me a bib and a booster seat to go with it. The female bartender seemed busy, or snotty, couldn't fully gauge it. There were three or four other knuckleheads back there knocking trays over and crashing things to the floor. They also had a Sam Adams tin sign on the wall, but there was none on tap. This just added to the mockery.

In summary, I went here only because my friend gets a chub for the place. I think it sucks. This was probably the last time I'll chance it. They need to boost their offerings as well as food quality. So, if you have functioning taste buds, go there for Dos Equis lager and ice cream tacos.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Worst mexican place I've been to”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Food wasn't good. Salsa tasted like watered down tomato sauce. Avocado salad came without avocado. Service was slow. Although the waitress assured us the guacamole was made fresh everyday and wasn't the puree type served in so many places, we got the disgusting puree guacamole. Will never go there again.

• Visited December 2012