“Not the best choice for business travel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Beavercreek
Berea, Ohio
“Not the best choice for business travel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I am a Choice Platinum member and have an upcoming extended stay in Dayton in June. I had chosen this hotel for a short trip this week to see if this hotel would do for my long stay in June. I have cancelled my extended stay at this hotel as a result of last night's stay. The front desk person and housekeeping person present the afternoon of my check in were both very pleasant and accommodating. The room was very clean with the exception of several large mold/mildewy spots on the bathroom ceiling. The bedding was clean but but much cheaper than what is provided in several other comparable choice properties. The hotel was very noisy with loud banging and walking upstairs and surrounding our room from about midnight to 5 am. Needless to say we did not get much rest. No breakfast served. Morning staff openly complaining about other guests that requested an extension to their stay. Stove top and large fridge is nice for an extended stay, but not worth the noise and having to wake up and make breakfast considering the rates.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

You DO get what you pay for. One day I shall remember this! We were in town for a music festival, so beggars can't be choosers. From the outside the hotel looked great; the lobby wasn't even bad. The second the elevator doors opened, however, the stench of smoke was overpowering; and it NEVER went away. We left the window open and AC unit on while we were out, hoping this would help; it didn't. A quick trip to Kroger for candles helped while they were burning, but you certainly can't leave them burning all night - although, clearly, other guests were burning things all night. UGH. Just terrible.

Room Tip: Unless you are a heavy smoker... do not stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I booked a King NS room and that's what I got. For what I paid (points) it was fine for one night maybe a few. A couple of small quibbles. When I first entered the room it smelled like a gym sock. The odor went away after I opened the window and kicked on the bath fan but it took a good 2 hours or so. For some reason my key cards didn't work any exterior door not even the main entrance. And that's a pisser at 4 AM when you have to walk around the building to get to the main entrance and then move your car closer to the main entrance and farther from your room because you have to make a couple of trips to pack your car. No breakfast which isnt expected, there is coffee. The hotel itself is clean enough, and the hallway didn't smell of gym sock so I'd have to guess either they cleaned the carpets or the mop they used to clean the bathroom stank of dirty water and once dried out the smell went bye,bye.
The location is very near Signal Hill just off 675 so it's convienent for those wanting to be in that area. Would I stay again? Yep

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Maynooth, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Myself and my daughter from Ireland stayed there for 9 nights from may 28th to June 6th while we were visiting my son who lives in Dayton....
The hotel was what we expected as the price for the 9 nights was super.... Our room was fairly large and quite comfortable

The staff do leave a lot to be desired, a smile costs nothing... the only pleasent person there was Kurt... not sure if he is the manager/owner...He offered to drive us over to the MEIJER supermarket which is litteraly across the road from the hotel, we declined as we fancied the walk.

A drawback is that there are no safes in the rooms and there is a note in the hotel information booklet to say to leave valuables at reception.. Which we did ,the items were an ipad, a kindle and some cash, but every nite when we came back to collect said items there was an issue.... either they didn't know where they were, and would have to ring another member of staff, or they could not get the key to work the security box and kept asking why we were leaving them at reception, when we told them it was in the room booklet they were surprised.

The laundry facilities were super..$2 for a 27 minute wash and $2 for a drier...used the laundry on two occassions....

All in all we had a great time and the hotel location suited us.

ANNE

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Canton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel was nice, not beautiful, some stuff looked a bit outdated, like the furniture in the room, but for the price it was a good place to stay. I would definitely stay here again, very clean, quiet, and close to our family. Also, if you don't want to eat out...had a nice little kitchen in the room...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of months. We were told they have continental breakfast, and they did for only a couple of days. Never again after that. Housekeeping wasn't good because the housekeeper for our room at first didn't clean the bathroom. The location was very convenient.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
dayton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

While relocating to the Dayton Ohio area, I stayed at this hotel for three months. The price was very reasonable ($900 for a month's stay). The hotel is clean and neatly decorated. That's all I can say that's good about the place. There are serious problems here with some of the staff though. During the first week of my stay here, the second shift front desk clerk had her boyfriend visit each night. During these "visits" he would leave his car stereo blasting loud so that this noise could be heard even on the third floor. He usually came by after 9pm. I complained twice to her to no avail. I then had to threaten her with reporting the situation to the management. After this, and because there is a 'clique' of young women working here, some of the staff started to retaliate. Example, a piece of mail was withheld from me for 10 days, even though I would ask for mail, etc. During a one week period I received at least 6 packages containing items I ordered online. I would track the delivery status of each one online. One particular package that was delivered to me was given to a UPS delivery driver the same day it arrived. This staff told me that I left the packaged for five days downstairs, when I had just been at the lobby the day before to collect another package!
On another occasion, I was 'yelled' at by the head housekeeper in the lobby in front of other guests causing me a great deal of humiliation. Another time, as I was approaching the handicapped exit, I passed the laundry room when I overheard the front desk clerk say to a housekeeper, "I hate coming to this f**king place".
To sum up, some people on the staff of this hotel make a stay here poisonous.

Room Tip: all rooms are noisy especially on a Saturday night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Dayton-WP AFB? Share your experiences!