“Good for business--and everyone else” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Beavercreek
Dayton, Ohio
“Good for business--and everyone else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have never had a bad experience here. Rooms are clean, well-appointed, and quiet. Hot breakfast is serve-yourself, traditional, and very adequate. Prices are reasonable. Location, across the street from a very nice mall, is within easy range of the National Air Museum, Wright Pat AFB, the Dayton Airport, and a bevy of worthy restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice remodeling and our room was very nice with a small balcony. The service upon arrival and departure was friendly and welcoming. Within a 1/4 mile of the 675 loop but could not hear the traffic. There is a small enclosed courtyard outside for visiting with friends. I fully recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a Balcony Room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler (Marriott point junkie) and on this trip didn't arrive to the hotel until nearly midnight. So, it was refreshing to be greeted with a smile, and quickly provided a key. I liked that everything about this hotel seemed new and most of all clean; even the parking lot was clean. The room was updated, and again..."clean" and fresh. Breakfast is not a buffet but cooked to order and the staff was friendly, smiling and awake. Liked the location of this property and will definitely book here again - it is conveniently located by the Air Force Museum.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Olmsted Falls, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed two weekend nights at this conviently located hotel. The only detraction was a very loud customer in a nearby room that kept both my husband and son staying across the hall up much of the night. They should have called the front desk.

Liked the added touches to linens. It's a newer hotel, so lots of places to plug in electronics.

• Stayed June 2013
Manchester, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have never given a 1-star review until now. I honestly wonder if the 5-star reviews that I have read for this hotel were actually honest reviews of the same hotel where I spent the last two days. Day 1 was not so bad except that the check-in staff made no effort to place me into a room a little early. Even after leaving the hotel and returning after 5:00 PM, the hotel staff had trouble finding an available room. I now understand why. After staying the first night, I left the hotel mid-morning and did not return until 4:00 PM. When I returned, the cleaning staff had still not cleaned my room.

Day 2 was an absolute disaster. The hotel booked 2 youth soccer teams and placed them on the floor where I was staying. They did not notify me or offer to move me to a different room. As young people are prone to do in large groups when staying in a hotel, they ran up and down the halls at all hours, slammed doors, yelled at each other, and were generally inconsiderate of anyone else who may have been a guest at the hotel. Whatever adult supervision existed, it was too little. I had an early morning flight that required me to be up at 4:00 AM, and I tried to get to bed early. I actually dozed off briefly before being awakened by slamming doors and loud voices. I tolerated it until midnight when I finally called the front desk. I told the staff member what was going on, and he said that he would make an appearance to tell everyone to settle down. I have no idea if he did or not, but nothing changed for the next hour. Frustrated in the extreme, I finally got up at 1:00 AM and walked down to the front desk to tell the staff in person what was happening on my floor. I was very angry at the lack of attention the staff was giving to the issue. The staff member did make a trip to my floor. Things quieted for about 10 minutes before gradually going back to the way they were. As young people ran the halls and slammed doors, the bed in my room literally shook. At 2:00 AM I got up and packed my bags. I sent a complaint e-mail directly to Marriott and then left the hotel at 3:00 AM exhausted from the inability to sleep. I went out into the parking lot and crawled into the back seat of my rental car where I slept for an hour before driving to the airport.

The staff seemed inept both days that I was at the hotel, but the unwillingness to rein in unruly kids demonstrated that my business simply is not important to them. The fact that I paid for a night of sleep that I was never able to enjoy angers me even as I type this review. I stay at a lot of Courtyard Hotels because they cater to business travelers. In this case, the Courtyard turned itself into a fleabag motel that housed uncontrollable young people. When I stay at a business hotel, I have certain expectations. Courtyard did not even come close to meeting those expectations. For the record, I stay at Marriott family hotels over 100 nights per year on business. This is by far my worst experience at any hotel in my 25 plus years of business travel. Marriott will definitely being hearing from me again on this matter. As for those who are considering a hotel in the area, my advice is to look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CYAGM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Dayton Beavercreek, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We sincerely apologize about the issues you had with your stay. As we spoke the next morning, we did have to ask the rooms that we were having issues with to vacate the property. We certainly want everyone to enjoy their time with us but not at the expense of our other guests as we strive to meet the highest expectations we have in ourselves and our guests. We hope that we will be able to prove our high standards at a later date and hope that the opportunity we had to discuss the issue will help with your future choices.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is the 3rd time we've stayed here. Love the hotel, super clean & stylish. Staff is very friendly and the area has so much to offer. It's approx 15 min drive to Wittenburg U and the dining in Beavercreek has lots to offer

Room Tip: movies, tons of great shops and air museum are within minutes!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Muy bueno, simpaticos, facil, Bonita. The rooms were good sized and the staff was friendly. We had a wedding party so it got noisy but the concierge was very polite. They have very good quality toiletries, too. La cualidad es bueno.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Dayton Beavercreek? Share your experiences!