“Value-priced for a reason” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3625 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Cleveland - Beachwood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Beachwood
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Value-priced for a reason”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed here for 3 weeks straight to avoid flying during holidays and eating out all the time. In fairness, this IS an inexpensive hotel for area. If you want Marriott or Hilton service and amenities, then stay there. Geez.

Hotel staff consistently pleasant. Extra ‘maid service’ available by signing up and paying $10. Otherwise, once a week. Each week she took the used bars of soap and did not replace them. Coffee was never replenished. I completely stripped the bed to ensure replacement. I got sheets, but no blanket. She just took the bedspread off the floor and threw it on top of new sheets. Yes, I left tips. Had to move chair (with broken footstool) to squeeze clothes in closet. Year’s worth of dust and food under it. Didn’t dare look under bed. Bar stool and closet mirror broken upon arrival. Called twice. Still there. ‘Grab’n’Go Breakfast’ just like the photo – coffee and granola bars. Room small – standard hotel room with appliances and sink jammed in. Plenty of hot water, but thin towels. Someone enjoyed cooking rotten fish, but the curry from another room overpowered that odor. Noise from floor above bad. Complained. Got worse. Someone enjoyed walking hallways blaring rap music. Someone else seemed to think that whistling and singing at 1 AM was cool. I saw a couple of hookers and, from the late night traffic at times, it seems like maybe the cops should have a look now and then. The snow removal guys seemed to visit less often than the bunko squad – and it snowed often.

Oh, I asked about a rewards program when I made my reservation I was told, "There is none.". When I arrived, there was a sign on the front desk talking about some kind of rewards. I was told, “You had to sign up for that when you made your reservation.” “Can I do it now?” “No, it’s too late.”

It was a survivable cultural experience for one guy hunkering down, but, as a frequent traveler, I would not stay here again. Any guy who is too cheap to buy his woman a room at a nicer hotel in the area doesn’t deserve her.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the back entrance, as the door makes A LOT of noise, upon both opening and closing...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am very disappointed to hear about the poor housekeeping service you received while being a guest of our hotel, the late night noise and your disappointment with our free grab-and-go breakfast. In response to your feedback I will be retraining our entire housekeeping staff on the cleanliness standard of Extended Stay America.

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention as we use feedback such as yours to improve our guest satisfaction for future visits. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with better service the next time you are in our area.

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days...Room 110...
I reported that ants were in the bathroom. The desk clerk said she'd come but never did. I would clean the ants with a damp/wet towel and put them in a trash bag and tie it up.
Then, I didn't know I had bed bug bites till I left! I would notice "bumps" that itched but, man, I never suspected bed bugs. OMGosh. They had to know it...SO, stay away from here! There are two of them on the same street; one has the address taped over. One is South and the other North I think. I suggest you stay away from both of them. NOTE: what looks clean doesn't mean clean! I will check mattresses at hotel for the rest of my life! OH, and they do not clean your room for you nor do they take out the trash...you have to do it yourself! There is a SMALL sign in the room mentioning that small bit of info!

Room Tip: Stay away from hotels with bed bugs...period.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we are deep cleaning your room and working to enhance our services overall so that this issue does not affect our future guests. As well, I am making sure that our staff communicates our housekeeping policy with our guests at check-in moving forward so that everyone is aware of our procedures.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bch@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

If you offer handicap rooms, you should think about updating the front of the building to access someone in a wheelchair. When you are in the middle of a name change, you might want to think about advertising somewhere what hotel you are now operating under! Total confusion with the Extended Stay down the road. Needless to say, even more of an inconvenience when that person is in a wheelchair!! Both hotels did not have handicap entrances.

Room Tip: Ask detailed questions about a handicap room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the confusion while changing the name of our hotel and the issues you had with the entrances. In response to your feedback, I have discussed this with the appropriate personnel at our corporate office to address the most effective way to remedy these issues.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bch@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
North Royalton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were looking for a hotel near the hospital to stay for after surgery and the next day back to the hospital. A friend recommended Extended Stay America. I called thinking they wouldn't give me one day stay, but they did for a great price. The surgery was delayed, called the hotel for later check in time, and stated there was no problem. It was quiet and clean. I could not have picked a better spot. Thank you for wonderful experience,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is always good to hear positive feedback and I will share it with the team. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to be of service to you in your future travels.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

One of the few issues I had with this place was that when you stay longer than a week, you have to go to the front desk to get things like towels and tissue and your room will not get cleaned. Basic cable and no pool were my other issues. Other than that the rooms were spacious and clean. They were like studio apartments. The staff was nice for the most part. I also like the area the hotel is in.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies that our housekeeping policy was not explained to you properly at check-in. We do offer housekeeping services once a week for guests staying 8 nights or more. In between, and for shorter stays, guests can have services for a minimal fee. As well, we are happy to exchange towels and linens at the front desk at any time. Still, I am glad that you liked your spacious, clean room and the service our staff provided.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bch@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I picked this hotel because it looked reputable and the price was reasonable. I had four problems with my stay.
ONE: There was no shampoo in the bathroom. I called the front desk and they said they don't stock shampoo in the rooms. I had to go down to the front desk in the morning to get some. What business hotel doesn't put shampoo in the room?
TWO: The shower curtain was too long and the bottom lay on the floor of the shower. That's gross enough, and a tripping hazard. But to make matters worse, it had all sorts of mold all over it.
THREE: One of the towels had several nasty stains. I wasn't sure whether they were post-laundry stains or if they were actually unlaundered and still dirty from prior use.
FOUR: The person at the front desk was unable to check me out. Said "The day person is late.".

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The room was behind the elevator. Lots of equipment noise. The air conditioning leaked onto the floor, making for a horrible smell. There were no supplies available to cook. The bathroom was dirty. We ask for no cleaning service and the maid entered the room around 1030 am. No knock or warning. Upon checkout we requested the name of the manager to call later and the clerk stated she didnt know her name. She was very rude.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North

Address: 3625 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Cleveland - Beachwood)
Location: United States > Ohio > Beachwood
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Beachwood
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Cleveland/Beachwood Hotel Beachwood
Homestead Beachwood
Homestead Suites Beachwood
Homestead Studio Suites Beachwood
Beachwood Homestead Suites
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North Ohio

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.