Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3625 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Cleveland - Beachwood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in Beachwood
“dirty and cheap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I picked this hotel because it looked reputable and the price was reasonable. I had four problems with my stay.
ONE: There was no shampoo in the bathroom. I called the front desk and they said they don't stock shampoo in the rooms. I had to go down to the front desk in the morning to get some. What business hotel doesn't put shampoo in the room?
TWO: The shower curtain was too long and the bottom lay on the floor of the shower. That's gross enough, and a tripping hazard. But to make matters worse, it had all sorts of mold all over it.
THREE: One of the towels had several nasty stains. I wasn't sure whether they were post-laundry stains or if they were actually unlaundered and still dirty from prior use.
FOUR: The person at the front desk was unable to check me out. Said "The day person is late.".

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Knoxville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The room was behind the elevator. Lots of equipment noise. The air conditioning leaked onto the floor, making for a horrible smell. There were no supplies available to cook. The bathroom was dirty. We ask for no cleaning service and the maid entered the room around 1030 am. No knock or warning. Upon checkout we requested the name of the manager to call later and the clerk stated she didnt know her name. She was very rude.

• Stayed August 2013
Robbinsville, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The lock on my door was broken and they do not have maintenance staff during the weekend.
The room smelled like two (2) full cans of Lysol were emptied prior to my arrival.
Only one (1) person at the front desk...she politely and efficiently changed my room, but she did not have any help.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Shaker Heights, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The bathroom and kitchen area were disgusting. The kitchen dish drain was stored ON THE FLOOR since the shelf that it most likely used to be store on was gone. The garbage can in the kitchen area had used feminine hygiene products in it, clearly not emptied between guests. The towels smelled moldy. There was mold in the shower. There were no forks in the kitchen, and no dish soap to wash anything that I needed to use or after I used it. I have stayed plenty of times at other extended stay hotels, but this was by far the worst. What a waste of $200.

Room Tip: Choose any hotel but here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the staff and I did not provide you with a clean and comfortable room. To prevent this from happening again, I am going to be providing additional training for the entire team on our cleaning procedures and inspection policies.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at bch@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked this hotel via Priceline as we needed an inexpensive room in the area at the last minute. The hotel is located just off the highway but traffic noise was not an issue at all. There is a Whole Foods across the street, with Giant Eagle and Trader Joe's nearby for cheaper shopping. There are many places to eat in the vicinity, from fast food to expensive restaurants. It's an easy drive to downtown Cleveland or anywhere in Northeast Ohio. The front desk employees were consistently friendly and helpful, and able to provide fresh sheets and towels when needed. The lobby, hallways and rooms have outdated wallpaper and decor, but it looks like they've replaced the carpet and bedspreads and it should look pretty nice when they redo everything. The beds and pillows were comfortable and we slept well. It was nice having a full-sized fridge and freezer and microwave to use. There is a limited breakfast with instant oatmeal, prepackaged muffins and granola bars, apples and oranges, and coffee.

Those positives aside, I can't recommend this hotel. Our room was pretty dirty: soap scum in the shower, black mildew in the shower head, dried-on egg and other food on the dishes, a build-up of crumbs in the toaster and a thick layer of dust/black dirt in several areas. There were big stains on the upholstery. Someone had spilled milk on one of the stools in the past and it was dried all over the seat and legs. The sheets were clean, the floor was vacuumed and the main flat surfaces were dusted. By the time we arrived, we were tired and just wanted to go to bed, so I cleaned most of the things my 3-year-old would be likely to touch with a rag and dish soap and put up with the rest. The rooms are not soundproofed well. We were woken up several nights by people talking in the hallway and opening and closing their doors. You can hear your neighbors walking around their rooms, as well as their showers and toilets. The curtains don't do a great job of blocking out light, but taping it to the wall helped significantly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your room, the comfortable bedding we provided and our convenient location. Still, I sincerely apologize that your stay at our hotel was not satisfactory. The housekeeping issues you mentioned are inexcusable. I am taking your response very seriously and will be meeting with the entire staff to review our cleaning procedures and standards. As well, I will be working with them to improve in these areas moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention. I hope that you will contact Krisztina directly, at bch@extendedstay.com or myself, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hi,

Stayed at the Homestead Studio this past weekend. At 1AM we were awaked by flying ants in the room. They and tons of ants were coming through the A/C unit. Made our way to the front desk and talked to a very nice lady who told us the hotel was sold out. One room was available, but had damage.. At 1AM who cares about damage.. just sleep. Well, it was a smoking room. We had to sleep with the window wide open to get some of the smell out of the room.

Check out.. tell the lady at front desk in the morning for any compensation for having to move rooms at 1am. No. ok, but.. Any apologies? No.

Never going back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

First, I was looking for a place near Cleveland to stay as I will be on business a lot there and I wanted to find the perfect place for me. I enjoy the extended stays because of the full kitchens, free Wifi, etc. I went in to see about the hotel and Sandy was nice enough to go out of her way to show me one of the rooms. She gave me a card and I knew then that I would be booking my stay there. Thank you for that, Sandy. My company booked my stay for me and when I arrived I was greeted by Krisztina, the Hotel manager, she was very friendly and very fast at getting me right to my room. That means so much after a long drive to just get to go and relax right away. I also met Ashley who was very friendly and helpful. I am very happy there and will be making all of my stays, in that area, with them. Thank you so much staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Cindy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was wonderful. It's great to know that our staff took such good care of you and treated you like family. We strive to provide our guests with excellent customer service and a "home away from home"!

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North

Address: 3625 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Cleveland - Beachwood)
Location: United States > Ohio > Beachwood
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in Beachwood
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Cleveland/Beachwood Hotel Beachwood
Homestead Beachwood
Homestead Suites Beachwood
Homestead Studio Suites Beachwood
Beachwood Homestead Suites
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North Ohio

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.