“Nice Upgrades - Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3625 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Cleveland - Beachwood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Beachwood
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice Upgrades - Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The recently renovated rooms are excellent. The rooms now have a very modern look and feel. The price point combined with these new amenities makes this hotel one of the best choices for this part of Cleveland. I stay at this property weekly and feel it is a great value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear David K, We really appreciate the great review after your most recent stay! It's great to hear our renovated rooms have a modern look and feel! We're really excited about our renovation and can't wait until the hotel is completed! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us! We look forward to seeing you next week!

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lititz, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I picked this hotel because it was a great location near the customer's office and there is a grocery store close (Giant Eagle about 1 mile on Chagrin) and plenty of delis and restaurants close (Red Lobster is within walking distance). The room rate was about $ 30 less than the other hotels so it was also priced right. Some surprises on check in. If you aren't staying more than 7 days there is no maid service. I didn't find out until the day before check out that you could pay for maid service but that wasn't mentioned on check in.

When I arrived there was a sign at the front desk that the clerk was assisting another customer and would be back in a few minutes. After waiting 10 minutes, I called the number on the message board and the clerk said she was assisting a customer and would be down in a few minutes. I heard the TV in the background and it sounded like she was eating something when she answered the phone (dinner break ??). After another 10 minutes, someone did finally show up at the front desk.

I had a confirmed reservation and received an email from Homestead the prior day. The clerk said she could not find my reservation and asked if could I show her proof of my reservation. I got the email out of the car and showed her the email with the confirmation number. The phone calls to customer service and the Extended Stay down the street followed but neither had the confirmation number in the "system". She did create a new reservation for the 5 nights at the price I had gotten on the Homestead website. After she completed the new reservation and handed me the key, is when she told me that there wasn't any maid service for stays of less than 7 days and that I could replace my own towels and bed linens by bring them to the front desk for replacement. No mention of maid service at an extra cost when I checked in.

The room was in OK condition when I checked in. The carpets could use a deep cleaning and the room needed a refresh as it smelled stale when I opened the door. As the week progressed, I found that the 'low heat' button on the heater didn't work, the thermostat on the wall did nothing, there was no iron in the room, the light in the bathroom was slowly fading into a dim night light and the fridge was not balanced causing it to vibrate loudly. The front desk did have an "extra" iron so I was able to iron my clothes for most of the week. i did leave a list of these issues with the front desk clerk at check out.

There were some pots/pans and dishware / silverware in the room so I didn't have to purchase plastic plates/silverware or use just the microwave to cook. Without maid service to empty the trash cans, both cans became very full by the end of the stay.

If you are staying just a night or two and want an inexpensive hotel that is close to restaurants and grocery then stay at either the Homestead or its twin the Extended stay. If you plan on staying more than a week, check into the cost of the maid service, it may be worth the extra cost.

The Homestead that I stayed at in Connecticut had maid service on Wed, Fri and Sun. no matter how long your stay. I'm not sure if that was included in the price I paid for the room or if I paid extra to have maid service on that stay. It may be up the individual hotel franchisee to set the service standard for maid service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear on the road bill, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you found our location and price a great value! You mentioned a previous stay at the Homestead in Connecticut where you received Housekeeping Service 3 times a week, and with us you didn't. I'm terribly sorry if we failed to provide you with a Welcome Letter upon arrival indicating our Housekeeping Services. Nationwide we do not provide Housekeeping Service to guests staying less than a week, however we would have been more than happy to give you fresh towels and linen. I'm pleased to inform you that we are scheduled for a renovation in 2013! We've begun with an updated mattress, new lamp shades, flat screen TV, and new bedding! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Not clean. Cigarette burns in the sheets/quilt. You call that a quilt? It felt like cardboard. Towels felt like sandpaper. This hotel spared no expense... er... they paid no expense to keep the rooms nice. If you like retro though, it looks like it was last decorated in 1982.

Room Tip: other hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear goldendaniel, Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am disheartened to read your review and to learn of the issues you experienced. I'm sorry you found our towels to resemble sandpaper, our decor outdated, and burns in your bedding. Please know this is not the impression we wish to give our guests. I have passed along your comments regarding our linen to the proper departments. I'm pleased to inform you we are scheduled to be remodeled in 2013. We have begun some renovation which includes flat screen TV's, lampshades, and bedding. I'm not certain if you were in a room with our new bedding. We have received great feedback from guests about our new bedding. Again I am terribly sorry we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bch@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Cleveland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We needed a respite from the three-days-and-counting power outage at our house during the storms brought here from Hurricane Sandy. This hotel was one of only three listed in this area under $100, so we took it for one night at $85 plus fees. Even at this reasonable price, it's not worth it.

The TV is a nice size, and we didn't detect any signs of cigarettes or smoke. The room was spacious enough, though nothing fancy.

The decor looks like it hasn't been updated in many years. The carpet is worn and stained, leaving us wondering how clean it was. I found a few little hairs that were not ours in the bathroom, and there appeared to be something (maybe soap?) dried and stuck to the counter. There was no hairdryer and no shampoo (I always bring my own anyway), lotion, or cups in the bathroom, though I would not have trusted the cups to be clean anyway. The bath towels were plentiful, but small and brittle. The TV guide card and chintzy clock radio were dirty, and the alarm was hard to set. The radio kept going on after I programmed it, for some reason, so I just gave up. The sheets were clean, but the bedding was not of any quality. The mattress was a little too hard and creeky for my tastes.

The lighting in the bathroom was bright enough to apply makeup, which is unusual in any inexpensive hotel, but it was flourescent and not flattering. There is no ventilation in the bathroom, so shower steam fills the room quickly and fogs up the huge mirror. The drain was very slow too, so I was ankle-deep in water until I shut off the shower. There were only four hangers in the closet and no hooks on the walls except one on the bathroom door. And we didn't see any suitcase racks, but there was shelving in the closet.

There's a kitchenette, which would normally be a nice convenience, and there were a few sets of dishes and utensils, but there was only one small saucepan to cook with. I'm not sure there were any decent knives. The coffee provided was not good, although that could because of the tiny coffee maker. There is no restaurant or cafeteria in the building, so plan to cook in or eat out down the street.

No one was at the desk when we wanted to check out, so we had to wait several minutes. Maybe they are understaffed. With all of this and the noisy neighbors, we would never return here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear BSFOG,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am disheartened to hear you did not enjoy your stay and you didn't inform us of these issues you encountered while at the hotel. I'm pleased to hear you found our televisions to be a nice size and our rooms spacious. We are scheduled to be remodeled in 2013 which includes all of our guest rooms and our halls. Although we do not provide shampoo and hairdryers in our rooms nationwide, we do have a supply of both at the Front Desk. In addition, we do not provide lotion and our cups and mugs and plates are in the kitchen cabinets. I will pass along your comments to the proper department regarding our small and brittle towels. I'm sorry to hear you did not like our coffee, others have found it to be very good. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bch@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were 4 couples from Kentucky on a get away 4 day trip to Cleveland. Very convenient location, friendly staff, clean rooms, safe. It's definitely a lower budget hotel....hence the affordable cost. Two objections: They need to invest in better towels for their bathrooms. And, they use a strong disinfectant that offends some. It's within walking distance from that famous deli: Corky & Lenny's and close to many very good restaurants.....Hyde Park Steak House and Marbella's. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Leon,
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear you and your friends had another enjoyable get away at our hotel. I'm very pleased to see repeat guests through the years having an enjoyable stay! We've taken your feedback regarding our towels and I'm happy to say we've changed suppliers! Thank you for informing us our air freshener is a little too strong, we've adjusted that as well! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the future!
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have stayed in a lot of hotels in the Beachwood area as we have family there. This hotel may be the worst. We reserved a nonsmoking room but were given a smoking one that reeked of smoke and had an ashtray. When we asked to move, we were placed in a room without an ashtray but later found a cigarette in a dresser drawer and 4- 5 cigarette butts and ashes under the bed. Do they ever clean their rooms? Actually, not while we were staying there. The beds were not made the whole 3 days we were there - we were told that there is only maid service if you stay there for a week. We needed new towels so had to get them ourselves from the front desk. Also, the building was old, the walls and carpeting were dirty and a lot of the paint was chipped. Lastly, the front desk workers were very rude.

I would not go back to this hotel if it had the last vacant bed known to mankind. You would be better off in a sleeping bag in your car.

Room Tip: We reserved nonsmoking rooms but did not get one. Check under the bed and in dresser drawers to mak...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The fact that you found cigarettes in a non-smoking room is unacceptable. Unfortuntely someone smoked in a non-smoking room and we dropped the ball and did not catch it. For this I am terribly sorry. When you came to the desk to switch rooms, the room that was given to you was also a non-smoking room that someone had smoked it. We do our best to accomodate smoking preferences, but can not guarantee them. In response to your feedback, I will be having a Team meeting and address these issues so it does not happen again. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bch@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I'm a Veteran of the U.S.Army, and have travel the World. I served in the Viet-Nam War as an Infantryman. Any where I rest my head is a lux to me. I appreciate any and everything since that time. Homestead Studio Suites-Cleveland-Beachwood is heaven to me. The staff is Ex. All staff. I need to mention that when I was a teenager I had a dream of staying here. Some that read this will not beleive that,but it is the truth. for those that was unhappy with your stay, compare it to lying on the ground in Viet-Nam, in the rain with no sheets or blankets. Be thankful for wherever you sleep as long as it is safe. And when you write your next review maybe you will think of how blessed your are to have had a safe place to rest.

Room Tip: Ask for one.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear John C, I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It gives me great pleasure knowing our Team has taken great care of you and your wife and provided you with a safe, clean and comfortable room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and the great post!. Our Team will be really happy to hear such great feedback! Thank you John!

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North

Homestead Studio Suites Cleveland/Beachwood Hotel
Homestead Studio Suites Cleveland/Beachwood Hotel Beachwood
Homestead Beachwood
Homestead Suites Beachwood
Homestead Studio Suites Beachwood
Beachwood Homestead
Beachwood Homestead Suites
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North Ohio
Address: 3625 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Cleveland - Beachwood)
Location: United States > Ohio > Beachwood
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Beachwood
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Extended Stay, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.