“Lacking many amenities, not very clean” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3625 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Cleveland - Beachwood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Beachwood
Cleveland
“Lacking many amenities, not very clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We needed a respite from the three-days-and-counting power outage at our house during the storms brought here from Hurricane Sandy. This hotel was one of only three listed in this area under $100, so we took it for one night at $85 plus fees. Even at this reasonable price, it's not worth it.

The TV is a nice size, and we didn't detect any signs of cigarettes or smoke. The room was spacious enough, though nothing fancy.

The decor looks like it hasn't been updated in many years. The carpet is worn and stained, leaving us wondering how clean it was. I found a few little hairs that were not ours in the bathroom, and there appeared to be something (maybe soap?) dried and stuck to the counter. There was no hairdryer and no shampoo (I always bring my own anyway), lotion, or cups in the bathroom, though I would not have trusted the cups to be clean anyway. The bath towels were plentiful, but small and brittle. The TV guide card and chintzy clock radio were dirty, and the alarm was hard to set. The radio kept going on after I programmed it, for some reason, so I just gave up. The sheets were clean, but the bedding was not of any quality. The mattress was a little too hard and creeky for my tastes.

The lighting in the bathroom was bright enough to apply makeup, which is unusual in any inexpensive hotel, but it was flourescent and not flattering. There is no ventilation in the bathroom, so shower steam fills the room quickly and fogs up the huge mirror. The drain was very slow too, so I was ankle-deep in water until I shut off the shower. There were only four hangers in the closet and no hooks on the walls except one on the bathroom door. And we didn't see any suitcase racks, but there was shelving in the closet.

There's a kitchenette, which would normally be a nice convenience, and there were a few sets of dishes and utensils, but there was only one small saucepan to cook with. I'm not sure there were any decent knives. The coffee provided was not good, although that could because of the tiny coffee maker. There is no restaurant or cafeteria in the building, so plan to cook in or eat out down the street.

No one was at the desk when we wanted to check out, so we had to wait several minutes. Maybe they are understaffed. With all of this and the noisy neighbors, we would never return here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear BSFOG,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am disheartened to hear you did not enjoy your stay and you didn't inform us of these issues you encountered while at the hotel. I'm pleased to hear you found our televisions to be a nice size and our rooms spacious. We are scheduled to be remodeled in 2013 which includes all of our guest rooms and our halls. Although we do not provide shampoo and hairdryers in our rooms nationwide, we do have a supply of both at the Front Desk. In addition, we do not provide lotion and our cups and mugs and plates are in the kitchen cabinets. I will pass along your comments to the proper department regarding our small and brittle towels. I'm sorry to hear you did not like our coffee, others have found it to be very good. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bch@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were 4 couples from Kentucky on a get away 4 day trip to Cleveland. Very convenient location, friendly staff, clean rooms, safe. It's definitely a lower budget hotel....hence the affordable cost. Two objections: They need to invest in better towels for their bathrooms. And, they use a strong disinfectant that offends some. It's within walking distance from that famous deli: Corky & Lenny's and close to many very good restaurants.....Hyde Park Steak House and Marbella's. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Leon,
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad to hear you and your friends had another enjoyable get away at our hotel. I'm very pleased to see repeat guests through the years having an enjoyable stay! We've taken your feedback regarding our towels and I'm happy to say we've changed suppliers! Thank you for informing us our air freshener is a little too strong, we've adjusted that as well! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the future!
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have stayed in a lot of hotels in the Beachwood area as we have family there. This hotel may be the worst. We reserved a nonsmoking room but were given a smoking one that reeked of smoke and had an ashtray. When we asked to move, we were placed in a room without an ashtray but later found a cigarette in a dresser drawer and 4- 5 cigarette butts and ashes under the bed. Do they ever clean their rooms? Actually, not while we were staying there. The beds were not made the whole 3 days we were there - we were told that there is only maid service if you stay there for a week. We needed new towels so had to get them ourselves from the front desk. Also, the building was old, the walls and carpeting were dirty and a lot of the paint was chipped. Lastly, the front desk workers were very rude.

I would not go back to this hotel if it had the last vacant bed known to mankind. You would be better off in a sleeping bag in your car.

Room Tip: We reserved nonsmoking rooms but did not get one. Check under the bed and in dresser drawers to mak...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The fact that you found cigarettes in a non-smoking room is unacceptable. Unfortuntely someone smoked in a non-smoking room and we dropped the ball and did not catch it. For this I am terribly sorry. When you came to the desk to switch rooms, the room that was given to you was also a non-smoking room that someone had smoked it. We do our best to accomodate smoking preferences, but can not guarantee them. In response to your feedback, I will be having a Team meeting and address these issues so it does not happen again. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bch@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I'm a Veteran of the U.S.Army, and have travel the World. I served in the Viet-Nam War as an Infantryman. Any where I rest my head is a lux to me. I appreciate any and everything since that time. Homestead Studio Suites-Cleveland-Beachwood is heaven to me. The staff is Ex. All staff. I need to mention that when I was a teenager I had a dream of staying here. Some that read this will not beleive that,but it is the truth. for those that was unhappy with your stay, compare it to lying on the ground in Viet-Nam, in the rain with no sheets or blankets. Be thankful for wherever you sleep as long as it is safe. And when you write your next review maybe you will think of how blessed your are to have had a safe place to rest.

Room Tip: Ask for one.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear John C, I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It gives me great pleasure knowing our Team has taken great care of you and your wife and provided you with a safe, clean and comfortable room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and the great post!. Our Team will be really happy to hear such great feedback! Thank you John!
Eastlake, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

After reading the other reviews, should have known better, but the other hotel we were staying at for the night was booked, as were most of the other ones in the area.

Price was great and was allowed to check-in early, but those were the only good things.

The room smelled so much that my three children were coughing the entire night. While a light cleaning was done before we checked in, a serious DEEP cleaning was needed before allowing guests in the room. There was dust all over the lamps. There was crusty dust along every wall and every corner. The inside of the toilet was not cleaned.

We were on the first floor, and the single pane curtains would not close all the way, so people could see right in our room as we were sleeping.

My son and I slept on the sofa bed. The undersides of the cushions were torn.

Lastly, we were a little nervous about there not being a front desk person on duty from 11pm-7am, but were at least comforted to know the front doors would be locked for our security. However, when I went out to my car at 6:30, the front door was completely unlocked with no one on duty

I've read the management responses to the other poor reviews, and expect the same "Sorry for this slip-up" excuse, but ten minutes worth of detailed cleaning before allowing a room to be available would have gone a long way.

We are not picky people, but this was by far the worst hotel experience of my adult life. My wife slept with her clothes on because she did not feel clean. My kids were in tears because of the smell. I have no problem with outdated decor, limited services, etc in this price bracket, but there is NO excuse for not having clean rooms that do not smell.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Jason C,
received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that we did not provide you with a clean and comfortable room and your children were coughing. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am taking a more direct approach with our entire Team to ensure this is not the impression other guests have. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bch@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

The room smelled. The room was not dusted. The floor was filthy. The sheets were dirty. Do not stay here. Sleep in your car... At least that's clean and safe. Should be condemned .its by far the worst hotel ever....want my money back

• Stayed October 2012
Dear jenw4,
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we failed at providing you with a clean and comfortable room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personally going to have retraining sessions with our Housekeeping Team. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bch@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I booked this room. (Aug. 18th), we "checked in" around noon, I did my usual hotel bed bug check on the mattress, sprayed the bedding with Lysol and went out to our event planned for the day. We came back around midnight (tired) ready for bed. I went to the bathroom and saw a roach crawling along the tub! (& I don't do roaches!).
We grabbed our suitcases went to the front desk to explain our dilemma, the lady (don't know her name) stated the desk was closed & she couldn't refund me but if I called in the morning when "Ashley" came in, she would be able to help us.

Needless to say, when I spoke with Ashley in the morning & explained what occurred, she said "oh I can definitely take something off". I asked how much, she said $30!? I explained that per the lady at the desk we would be refunded & that we didn't sleep there! When I asked for the manager, she said she (Christina Simpson) would not be in until Monday....then she said "I'll give u full refund is there anything else"!? (With an ATTITUDE).

I will be contacting the manager Mon morning and I will be checking my account for my FULL refund!
Never no more, I'll continue my stays at the Marriott or Hampton!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent post about your stay at our hotel. I was disheartened to read your comments, but grateful for the opportunity to respond to them.

We have strict quality control standards in place where housekeeping cleans each room every 7-days, or more often for a small fee upon guest request, and after each guest checks out of the hotel. After that, every manager inspects each room for both cleanliness and maintenance. These processes ensure that the property is kept clean and the rooms are perfect for the next guest's stay. I apologize if we were unable to meet your expectations in this area and will be speaking to the staff to see where the breakdown occurred.

As well, please know the staff strives to provide friendly and professional service guaranteeing 100% guest satisfaction. It is apparent that we were unable to provide this to you during your stay and for that I am sorry.

Please feel free to contact the hotel directly or through our corporate website. We hope you will join us again in the future to show you our redoubled efforts.

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North

Address: 3625 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Cleveland - Beachwood)
Location: United States > Ohio > Beachwood
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Beachwood
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Cleveland/Beachwood Hotel Beachwood
Homestead Beachwood
Homestead Suites Beachwood
Homestead Studio Suites Beachwood
Beachwood Homestead Suites
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North Ohio

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.