We needed a respite from the three-days-and-counting power outage at our house during the storms brought here from Hurricane Sandy. This hotel was one of only three listed in this area under $100, so we took it for one night at $85 plus fees. Even at this reasonable price, it's not worth it.
The TV is a nice size, and we didn't detect any signs of cigarettes or smoke. The room was spacious enough, though nothing fancy.
The decor looks like it hasn't been updated in many years. The carpet is worn and stained, leaving us wondering how clean it was. I found a few little hairs that were not ours in the bathroom, and there appeared to be something (maybe soap?) dried and stuck to the counter. There was no hairdryer and no shampoo (I always bring my own anyway), lotion, or cups in the bathroom, though I would not have trusted the cups to be clean anyway. The bath towels were plentiful, but small and brittle. The TV guide card and chintzy clock radio were dirty, and the alarm was hard to set. The radio kept going on after I programmed it, for some reason, so I just gave up. The sheets were clean, but the bedding was not of any quality. The mattress was a little too hard and creeky for my tastes.
The lighting in the bathroom was bright enough to apply makeup, which is unusual in any inexpensive hotel, but it was flourescent and not flattering. There is no ventilation in the bathroom, so shower steam fills the room quickly and fogs up the huge mirror. The drain was very slow too, so I was ankle-deep in water until I shut off the shower. There were only four hangers in the closet and no hooks on the walls except one on the bathroom door. And we didn't see any suitcase racks, but there was shelving in the closet.
There's a kitchenette, which would normally be a nice convenience, and there were a few sets of dishes and utensils, but there was only one small saucepan to cook with. I'm not sure there were any decent knives. The coffee provided was not good, although that could because of the tiny coffee maker. There is no restaurant or cafeteria in the building, so plan to cook in or eat out down the street.
No one was at the desk when we wanted to check out, so we had to wait several minutes. Maybe they are understaffed. With all of this and the noisy neighbors, we would never return here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Extended Stay and Booking.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites Cleveland/Beachwood Hotel Beachwood
- Homestead Beachwood
- Homestead Suites Beachwood
- Homestead Studio Suites Beachwood
- Beachwood Homestead Suites
- Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North Ohio