Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3625 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Cleveland - Beachwood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Beachwood
“Total trash”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

The room smelled. The room was not dusted. The floor was filthy. The sheets were dirty. Do not stay here. Sleep in your car... At least that's clean and safe. Should be condemned .its by far the worst hotel ever....want my money back

• Stayed October 2012
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear jenw4,
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we failed at providing you with a clean and comfortable room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personally going to have retraining sessions with our Housekeeping Team. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bch@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I booked this room. (Aug. 18th), we "checked in" around noon, I did my usual hotel bed bug check on the mattress, sprayed the bedding with Lysol and went out to our event planned for the day. We came back around midnight (tired) ready for bed. I went to the bathroom and saw a roach crawling along the tub! (& I don't do roaches!).
We grabbed our suitcases went to the front desk to explain our dilemma, the lady (don't know her name) stated the desk was closed & she couldn't refund me but if I called in the morning when "Ashley" came in, she would be able to help us.

Needless to say, when I spoke with Ashley in the morning & explained what occurred, she said "oh I can definitely take something off". I asked how much, she said $30!? I explained that per the lady at the desk we would be refunded & that we didn't sleep there! When I asked for the manager, she said she (Christina Simpson) would not be in until Monday....then she said "I'll give u full refund is there anything else"!? (With an ATTITUDE).

I will be contacting the manager Mon morning and I will be checking my account for my FULL refund!
Never no more, I'll continue my stays at the Marriott or Hampton!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent post about your stay at our hotel. I was disheartened to read your comments, but grateful for the opportunity to respond to them.

We have strict quality control standards in place where housekeeping cleans each room every 7-days, or more often for a small fee upon guest request, and after each guest checks out of the hotel. After that, every manager inspects each room for both cleanliness and maintenance. These processes ensure that the property is kept clean and the rooms are perfect for the next guest's stay. I apologize if we were unable to meet your expectations in this area and will be speaking to the staff to see where the breakdown occurred.

As well, please know the staff strives to provide friendly and professional service guaranteeing 100% guest satisfaction. It is apparent that we were unable to provide this to you during your stay and for that I am sorry.

Please feel free to contact the hotel directly or through our corporate website. We hope you will join us again in the future to show you our redoubled efforts.
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel is very well maintained and it's situate near the mall so you can easily grab things.. The gas station is also very near.. Giant eagle is also a mile away.. Highway is easily accessible from the hotel..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent post about your stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with clean, fresh room and great guest service. I was pleased to read that we did just that during your stay.

Please let us know the next time you are in the area, as we would love to have you as our guest. Thank you.
Washington DC metro area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

In early August, I stayed here for a week while recuperating from surgery. This place is a really good value. First, it was about $100 less expensive (nightly) than the fancier places on E Park Dr. The trade off is that there are fewer amenities; there's no pool, there's no work out room, but you get a free pass to a nearby fitness facility for each day of your stay. I like the location; you're within walking distance to CVS, a couple of fast-food places, two rental car sites, and Whole Foods. My suite was extremely clean. I had a full-size fridge and two-burner stovetop along with silverware, cups, plates, and cooking pots. A huge plus is that I was able to open the windows for fresh air. The only negatives I found were that the hallway carpets seemed kind of shabby, and the hotel front desk isn't physically manned around the clock. Someone else already pointed out that there are no shampoo bottles; you do get two bars of soap, though. I was able to check in early without any problems. The staff was very friendly, and the housekeeping staff greeted me when I passed them in the hallways. I think that this is hotel is a great value.

Room Tip: The deluxe suite had two large windows, both which I was able to open for fresh air. It wasn't...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your posting about the Homestead Studios, Cleveland- Beachwood. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a home away from home stay. I was glad we did just that for you. Please let us know when you are in the Cleveland area again. We would love for you to stay with us again. Thank you.
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Dont stay at this hotel. First walking into the hotel we noticed the floor was discusting, It looked like no one had washed it in about a month, then we had to wait about ten minutes for someone to come to the desk, when she finally decided to come out there was no smile no hello nothing. She finally checked us in and on our way to our room we noticed dirt in the corners and big stains in the carpets. When we finally got to our room it was ok but the toaster was filthy, no dishwasher to sterilize the dishes wich was very few dishes i might add. The sheets were filthy a big foot print was on the sheet. Needles to say we checked in on a Sunday and we checked out on Monday thats how bad this is hotel is. Ohh i didnt mention there is absoulutely nothing to do at this hotel no pool, no benches or chairs out side to sit and enjoy the weather not that you want to sit out side at this hotel anyway its littered with cigarett butts. I dont know how this hotel stays in buisness its very dirty and the staff is not nice at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Dawn P,

Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay with us. I was disheartened to read your comments, but grateful for the opportunity to respond to them. We have very strict quality control standards in place and every room, in addition to the common areas, are to be inspected by the manager daily. I am very sorry that there was a break down in our process during your stay. We pride ourselves on great guest service, and based on your comments about the staff, I can see we did not meet your expectations. I have met with the local management staff regarding your comments and we are addressing everything. Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Thank you.
Hackensack, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I wouldn't stay at this place. First of all, house keeping is ONCE A WEEK if you're staying more than seven days! The room over all looks clean, but it's actually not. On closer inspection, the comforter smells, the sofa (in the king suite room) is dingy and dirty, the carpet is dirty, the pots, pans, utensils that are left in the kitchen are DISGUSTINGLY DIRTY!!! The full kitchen is the main reason why I wanted to stay at this place but all of the cooking utensils are DIRTY, filthy and caked up with old food! For what they're charging for these rooms, they should go down to the dollar store and make sure the rooms are equipped/stocked with clean pots, pans, and cooking utensils. The coffee maker was disgustingly dirty as well. Needless to say I did not use that thing. The staff was not friendly and made it seem like I was disrupting their day by asking for help. I needed batteries for the tv remote and the remote was wrapped up in scotch tape. The front desk girl spent 5 minutes trying to get the tape off until I said, "do you have an extra remote that I can use?" Then she gave me a new remote. Which SHE SHOULD HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE! Bottom line, don't stay here. The people are grungy, the staff is not nice and the rooms are NOT WORTH IT! Stay at a Hilton Hotel, or Hyatt Place Hotel in Independence, OH.

Room Tip: Make sure you see pictures of places before you commit. I know some web sites are not true interpret...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Rasheed,

We have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent situations like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. Additionally, I understand your concern regarding the staff. I have also met with the hotel management regarding your concerns.

Thanks again for your comments, and please feel free to reach out to our hotel directly should you have any further feedback.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for the last two years It has been one of the best and consistent hotel experiences that I have encountered. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Kudos to the manager Christine Simpson she is a professional!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of the Homestead Studio Suites, Cleveland - Beachwood. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to the Beachwood area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North

Homestead Studio Suites Cleveland/Beachwood Hotel
Homestead Studio Suites Cleveland/Beachwood Hotel Beachwood
Homestead Beachwood
Homestead Suites Beachwood
Homestead Studio Suites Beachwood
Beachwood Homestead
Beachwood Homestead Suites
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North Ohio
Address: 3625 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Cleveland - Beachwood)
Location: United States > Ohio > Beachwood
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Beachwood
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Extended Stay, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.