Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3625 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Cleveland - Beachwood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Beachwood
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Dont stay at this hotel. First walking into the hotel we noticed the floor was discusting, It looked like no one had washed it in about a month, then we had to wait about ten minutes for someone to come to the desk, when she finally decided to come out there was no smile no hello nothing. She finally checked us in and on our way to our room we noticed dirt in the corners and big stains in the carpets. When we finally got to our room it was ok but the toaster was filthy, no dishwasher to sterilize the dishes wich was very few dishes i might add. The sheets were filthy a big foot print was on the sheet. Needles to say we checked in on a Sunday and we checked out on Monday thats how bad this is hotel is. Ohh i didnt mention there is absoulutely nothing to do at this hotel no pool, no benches or chairs out side to sit and enjoy the weather not that you want to sit out side at this hotel anyway its littered with cigarett butts. I dont know how this hotel stays in buisness its very dirty and the staff is not nice at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Dawn P,

Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay with us. I was disheartened to read your comments, but grateful for the opportunity to respond to them. We have very strict quality control standards in place and every room, in addition to the common areas, are to be inspected by the manager daily. I am very sorry that there was a break down in our process during your stay. We pride ourselves on great guest service, and based on your comments about the staff, I can see we did not meet your expectations. I have met with the local management staff regarding your comments and we are addressing everything. Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Thank you.

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hackensack, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I wouldn't stay at this place. First of all, house keeping is ONCE A WEEK if you're staying more than seven days! The room over all looks clean, but it's actually not. On closer inspection, the comforter smells, the sofa (in the king suite room) is dingy and dirty, the carpet is dirty, the pots, pans, utensils that are left in the kitchen are DISGUSTINGLY DIRTY!!! The full kitchen is the main reason why I wanted to stay at this place but all of the cooking utensils are DIRTY, filthy and caked up with old food! For what they're charging for these rooms, they should go down to the dollar store and make sure the rooms are equipped/stocked with clean pots, pans, and cooking utensils. The coffee maker was disgustingly dirty as well. Needless to say I did not use that thing. The staff was not friendly and made it seem like I was disrupting their day by asking for help. I needed batteries for the tv remote and the remote was wrapped up in scotch tape. The front desk girl spent 5 minutes trying to get the tape off until I said, "do you have an extra remote that I can use?" Then she gave me a new remote. Which SHE SHOULD HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE! Bottom line, don't stay here. The people are grungy, the staff is not nice and the rooms are NOT WORTH IT! Stay at a Hilton Hotel, or Hyatt Place Hotel in Independence, OH.

Room Tip: Make sure you see pictures of places before you commit. I know some web sites are not true interpret...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Rasheed,

We have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent situations like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. Additionally, I understand your concern regarding the staff. I have also met with the hotel management regarding your concerns.

Thanks again for your comments, and please feel free to reach out to our hotel directly should you have any further feedback.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for the last two years It has been one of the best and consistent hotel experiences that I have encountered. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Kudos to the manager Christine Simpson she is a professional!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of the Homestead Studio Suites, Cleveland - Beachwood. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to the Beachwood area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel to get comfertable in. Best enjoyed by someone staying for a while. Great staff and awesome location. Definently reserve through priceline for best discount.

• Stayed February 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear Mizzalexi,

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Studio Suites, Cleveland - Beachwood. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Hackensack, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

The price is certainly tempting for someone in need of an extended stay property in the Cleveland/Beachwood area. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I was first assaulted by an unpleasant smell upon walking into the lobby. I attributed it to the patrons seated in the chairs by the desk. I continued to my room where I again experienced a different, chemical odor. I thought it was a strange air freshener. I decided to stay the night because it was late and I thought it possible that I was being cranky.
After unpacking, I looked around and saw what appeared to be a gash/discoloration in the carpet. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was encrusted food. There was some other debris all over the chair and ottoman that resembled old food. There was a coffee stain on the wall, the light switches in both the bathroom and main living area were black with filth, and numerous unidentifiable substances were splattered on the wall. I got a pillow and blanket out of my car, covered the floor near the bed with towels and hunkered down for the night.
I did not sleep a wink as the noxious fumes, which I now believe were some kind of pest repellent, kept awakening me with a burning sensation in my nostrils.
I know I sound like some kind of psycho, obsessed with smells but I am truly not. I know people far more sensitive than myself in that regard. This place is that bad.
Run, don't walk, to Homewood Suites by Hilton down the road.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Azizawahby:

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Studio Suites- Cleveland, Beachwood. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent situations like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. In addition, all common areas are cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Hillside, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Homestead Studio Suites Cleveland/Beachwood was a pleasant surprise. It's an economy hotel. Rooms are clean. Beds are comfortable.

Kitchenette offers full size refrigerator, cooktop, microwave and a dining penisula with seating for two. Keeping with its budget orientation, there is no dish washer or stove in the units.

I was delighted and pleasantly surprised to find that the Homestead Studio Suites offered basic WiFi service for a $4.99 weekly fee. And, free vouchers to a nearby Bally's Fitness center that offered a pool, squash courts, weight and cardio rooms.

The Homestead Studio Suites is situated in an excellent location if you're driving just off Interstate 271 and Chagrin Blvd. It's located within two blocks of a small strip mall with a Whole Foods, a Star Bucks and a TJ Maxx. In the other direction, you'll find a Red Lobster and a Bob Evans.

For the price, the Homestead Studio Suites can't be beat. Again, it's a two-star hotel. If you lower your expectations in keeping with its economy rating, everything you get will be a plus :-).

Room Tip: Rooms facing Chagrin Blvd are closer to the handicap accessible curb entrance. Rooms at the rear of...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Niles MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

To start out I must say I read A LOT of reviews on various hotels in the Cleveland Area with proximity to the Cleveland Clinic and was pretty disappointed on what I saw for under $80 a night. If you're willing to go 100+ it looks like you have a lot of great options but most of the reviews for a lower price range honestly were a little to scary for me to take a risk with!

We booked Homestead through Hotwire on their hot rate which is "blind" although I was pretty sure from looking through the area that what I wasgetting was Homestead. We paid $61 with the tax/fees. Because we booked blind we didn't get to pick a room type but called on the way to Cleveland and asked if we could get a King NS. They said that would be a higher rate but when we got there we received a free upgrade to a King NS, we were pleased.

For us we really found no negatives. The room was quiet (we needed a good night sleep), the bed was comfortable though we thought a bit on the firm side but didn't seem to bother us, great hot water and water pressure in the shower (a big deal for me!) and adequate space.

We did plan to eat in the room and brought food from home that basically needed to be heated up. If you were really trying to "prepare" food I agree with other reviewers that the kitchen is sparse. There are only 2 of everything (plates, silverware etc...) and two pans, a colander and dish rack. That was about it. It does have a good size frigerater, microwave and 2 stove burners. It was fine for what we needed.

Though you can tell it's not brand new (older style bedspread, curtains), it looked to be freshly painted and our room had no noticeable stains, wear and tear etc...

Some had commented about rude staff, we did not find this to be the case. We walked out to the front desk after checking in for shampoo and it was no problem. They explained the best way to Cleveland Clinic from there and were helpful.

If we need to go back to the Cleveland Clinic for again I would do it again as long as the rate was good. I did include a few photos I snapped with my cell, hope they upload okay and give you an idea of the space.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North

Address: 3625 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Cleveland - Beachwood)
Location: United States > Ohio > Beachwood
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Beachwood
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Cleveland/Beachwood Hotel Beachwood
Homestead Beachwood
Homestead Suites Beachwood
Homestead Studio Suites Beachwood
Beachwood Homestead Suites
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North Ohio

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.