“Very shady and unethical place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South

Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South
You added Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3820 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Beachwood
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Very shady and unethical place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This place is one of the most shadiest places I have ever stayed and unfortunately twice. When i first reserved this place, I told my company's name and asked them if they had corporate discount, they said the normal price is 89.99$ and they will give me a discount of $10.00 to $79.99. I reserved the place only to know that they offered at 79.99$ for everyone online. That was very shady. The first stay was not a bad experience.

The second time I had reserved the same hotel for two days. I booked the same hotel since I wanted a small kitchen where I can cook and I did not find another place of same rate. This time i reserved this place online for two days. However, my trip got shortened and I needed only one day. When I called them to cancel one day, they said if I cancel just one day the price of the other day will go up by 10$. That is the first time I hear something that crazy. I canceled both the days and rebooked for one day for a NON-SMOKING ROOM online for the same price. When I reached that place, I figured out that I was given a smoking room. My wife had asthma problems and we could not stay there. The hotel receptionist was extremely arrogant and never bothered to help us. VERY VERY UNETHICAL. Thankfully the Homestead hotels is managed by same management and they were willing to take us in for the same price.

I will never ever go back to this place and I highly recommend everyone to stay off this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Janakiraman B,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you think the hotel is shady. To prevent this from happening again, my team is being trained on what is acceptable and what are not acceptable practices. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback, even though it is negative, I do appreciate it. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cbh@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After seeing all of the reviews that were either 1s or 5s, I figured I would weigh in. My experience is generally based on staying at Residence Inns/Fairfield Suites -- which can easily be twice the price. Probably more expensive because they have a breakfast and dinner buffet (which I never/rarely took part in as I try to make my own, healthy food), and because they clean it every night (not necessary in my mind).

Extended Stay America seemed to go after just offering a kitchenette and a decent room for a very good price. They met that goal in my eyes. Nothing spectacular, nothing tragic.

Lobby gal was checking in/chatting with a nice young man. She didn't really acknowledge my presence. I can imagine it must be challenging for the management team. How do you teach manners and hospitality and common courtesy to some folks who may have never experienced it themselves? The young man mentioned she should check me in first, so she did (I made reservation thru hotels.com) -- and I thanked him. Once she turned to me, she was polite and efficient. Small tweaks to her training, she could be vastly improved. It doesn't take much to make for a good impression by simply saying "Hi, I'll be right with you after I check this gentleman in."

I was there only briefly (Mon & Tue night) to check it out due to wide ranging positive and negative comments on TripAdvisor. The lobby showed some construction worker boot footprints (maybe add a bristle brush outside to help), but it was a rainy evening. The hall rug was clean. The room was very clean and nice. Bed and towels were fine.

Regarding the kitchen. When I come next time, I now know I need to bring: real glasses (not plastic) for beer/wine; real knives so I can prepare meals; a coffee mug that doesn't seem so industrial. You get the picture. It seems that they stocked the room for folks who don't really use the kitchen to prepare meals from scratch. So if you just heat stuff up, or barely want to cook anything, then it might not matter to you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear JonKernPA,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that my front desk staff did not acknowledge you properly. I want to ensure you that I have met with my team about proper behavior at the front desk. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cbh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Beachwood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The management staff and crew have been very accommadating since ive been here. They have made me feel if i was at home. The overall stay has been a great experincBeachwood e. The service has been great, fresh towles as needed, clealiness a 10 and the staff has been great. The location is great. It offers conveinet shopping while here. While on bussiness in Cleveland area I will continue to chose the Beachwood location. Could not ask for a better stay

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Joshmac06,
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm glad that we could make you feel like you were at home. Our goal is to make every guest feel like they are at home with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First, the personnel was very good at what they do. Whitney, at the front desk, was very personable, professional and very helpful as were the other employees.
Second, the facility condition could use some attention, i.e. stains on the carpet in the last room I occupied and the zoneline heater in the first room didn't work well either heating or cooling.
Third, parking was adequate and the facility is located in a pleasant location.
Fourth, the only real drawback was the cigarette smoke and smoking smell, especially on the third floor although I always get no smoking rooms.

The employees made my stay very nice and this is the second time in a year I have chosen to stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bob R.
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the heater did not work well for you and that there were stains on the carpet. To prevent this from happening again, I have brought your concerns up to the staff and will ensure that these types of items are addressed prior to any future stays being affected. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback whether it is good or unsatisfactory. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cbh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Tullamore, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Recent reviews seem a little overheated. In reality there's nothing about this property to frighten the horses, and I'd have no qualms about staying here. The carpets in the public areas are, to be sure, pretty badly stained -- which perhaps creates an unfavourable first impression -- and a little washing of the windows from outside also wouldn't go amiss. But the rooms themselves are clean and well-appointed, as are the appliances (the state of the refrigerator and microwave, if present, are usually a good indication of how seriously the management takes the critical hygiene items). Nor did I notice any unusual odours, beyond the usual faint aroma of pine-scented cleanser one finds in such establishments. If you've stayed in other properties belonging to the same chain, nothing about this one -- good or bad -- ought to cause any surprises.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Businesstraveller5,
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you found the carpets in the hallway and the windows to be dirty. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with the local management team and will address these issues. I was glad to read that we did provide you with a clean, comfortable room during your stay. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cbh@extendedstay.com
Buffalo, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We travel frequently and always book a queen or king size bed to ensure we sleep comfortably as we usually drive to our travel destinations. I booked a queen size bed and we received a size full. When I mentioned to the desk staff we received the wrong size bed I was informed that is "their" size queen. I didnt know that queen size beds came in different sizes. Also the bed felt like I was sleeping on a card board box. The bedding was paper thin and too small for the bed. With two people sleeping in the bed we were extremely uncomfortable. We had a long weekend visiting family and planned to stay an extra night so that we could get a good night of rest before our travel back home. Due to the room conditions we ended up taking a nap and checking out extremely early and checked out early so we could beat morning traffic, drive home and sleep in our own bed. The bathroom door did not shut in our room. There were rips and stains on our bedding. The hallway carpet had many large stains and an extremely foul oder. I addressed the oder to the hotel staff and asked why it smelled so bad and all they told me was "they knew nothing about why the hallway smelled." When checked out I was asked about my stay and I addressed all the issues again to the desk staff and all that was told to me was that all the rooms had new box springs and mattresses and she was surprised we were so uncomfortable. I was told there was no manager available to speak with about how terrible our stay was. When checking out I also inquired about getting a receipt for my credit card payment from when I checked in and never received one. She was very quick to cut me off and tell me I get it when I check out. The staff didn't seem to care about any of the problems we had during our stay. We travel frequently and usually try to find a good deal on a hotel. I have stayed with this chain before in my hometown and had a great experience and thought it was a great value. We normally stay at the Hilton when we go to Cleveland because we know what we are getting for our money. I thought I would try something different this time and see if we could save a few bucks and it was the worst decision ever. My back and neck and are still sore from the terrible sleeping conditions and next time we will stay at the Hilton. I also would like to add that had we stayed at the Hilton instead of this chain on this weekend I would have only paid $40 more. I will never stay at this chain again.

Room Tip: Don't book a queen size bed if you actually want a queen size bed. It's actually a full size...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
I received your review about your stay at our hotel. Our company is dedicated to providing 100% satisfaction to all of our guests, which is why I was disheartened to read your comments about the overall cleanliness of the room and the hotel.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a clean and fresh environment and it is apparent we failed here with you. I have met with the local management team regarding your cleanliness comments and your concerns regarding the staff and can assure you we are addressing both issues.

It is rare we receive negative feedback like yours, but it helps us improve our processes. Thank you for providing it. We would love the opportunity to serve you again, and show you our redoubled efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay at our property.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This room is not a suite which might be nice if you were really staying for a long time. However, as a hotel room it was nice. We had one of the ADA rooms. They have two types - roll-in shower and tub with grab bars. We had a shower room. It was a great value for the money in Cleveland. Close to Cuyahoga Valley National park and not too far from downtown. There are several decent restaurants in the area, including PF Chang's and an Italian place at the local shopping mall. It would have been nice to have breakfast included, but we at a Bob Evans which was a block away. My only other complaint is that the sink in the bathroom had no counter space. The front desk staff was friendly and the bed was comfortable. The kitchens appear to be randomly stocked so ask if you need something.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear food_nut,

Thanks so very much for the positive review of your recent stay at Extended Stay America, Beachwood. We know that you had several hotel options in the Beachwood area, and we are honored that you chose to stay with us. As you note, our rooms come with kitchens, which is why many of our guests share your appreciation for our close proximity to grocery stores. Although, as you rightly point out, there are also numerous restaurants nearby as well. We do hope to be able to accommodate you again the next time your travels bring you to the Beachwood area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South

Address: 3820 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122
Location: United States > Ohio > Beachwood
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Beachwood
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Beachwood
Extended Stay Beachwood
Beachwood Extended Stay
Extended Stayamerica Cleveland Beachwood
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South Ohio

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.