“A months stay at this facility” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Beachwood
Cleveland, Ohio
“A months stay at this facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First, the personnel was very good at what they do. Whitney, at the front desk, was very personable, professional and very helpful as were the other employees.
Second, the facility condition could use some attention, i.e. stains on the carpet in the last room I occupied and the zoneline heater in the first room didn't work well either heating or cooling.
Third, parking was adequate and the facility is located in a pleasant location.
Fourth, the only real drawback was the cigarette smoke and smoking smell, especially on the third floor although I always get no smoking rooms.

The employees made my stay very nice and this is the second time in a year I have chosen to stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Bob R.
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that the heater did not work well for you and that there were stains on the carpet. To prevent this from happening again, I have brought your concerns up to the staff and will ensure that these types of items are addressed prior to any future stays being affected. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback whether it is good or unsatisfactory. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cbh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tullamore, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Recent reviews seem a little overheated. In reality there's nothing about this property to frighten the horses, and I'd have no qualms about staying here. The carpets in the public areas are, to be sure, pretty badly stained -- which perhaps creates an unfavourable first impression -- and a little washing of the windows from outside also wouldn't go amiss. But the rooms themselves are clean and well-appointed, as are the appliances (the state of the refrigerator and microwave, if present, are usually a good indication of how seriously the management takes the critical hygiene items). Nor did I notice any unusual odours, beyond the usual faint aroma of pine-scented cleanser one finds in such establishments. If you've stayed in other properties belonging to the same chain, nothing about this one -- good or bad -- ought to cause any surprises.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Businesstraveller5,
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you found the carpets in the hallway and the windows to be dirty. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with the local management team and will address these issues. I was glad to read that we did provide you with a clean, comfortable room during your stay. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cbh@extendedstay.com
Buffalo, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We travel frequently and always book a queen or king size bed to ensure we sleep comfortably as we usually drive to our travel destinations. I booked a queen size bed and we received a size full. When I mentioned to the desk staff we received the wrong size bed I was informed that is "their" size queen. I didnt know that queen size beds came in different sizes. Also the bed felt like I was sleeping on a card board box. The bedding was paper thin and too small for the bed. With two people sleeping in the bed we were extremely uncomfortable. We had a long weekend visiting family and planned to stay an extra night so that we could get a good night of rest before our travel back home. Due to the room conditions we ended up taking a nap and checking out extremely early and checked out early so we could beat morning traffic, drive home and sleep in our own bed. The bathroom door did not shut in our room. There were rips and stains on our bedding. The hallway carpet had many large stains and an extremely foul oder. I addressed the oder to the hotel staff and asked why it smelled so bad and all they told me was "they knew nothing about why the hallway smelled." When checked out I was asked about my stay and I addressed all the issues again to the desk staff and all that was told to me was that all the rooms had new box springs and mattresses and she was surprised we were so uncomfortable. I was told there was no manager available to speak with about how terrible our stay was. When checking out I also inquired about getting a receipt for my credit card payment from when I checked in and never received one. She was very quick to cut me off and tell me I get it when I check out. The staff didn't seem to care about any of the problems we had during our stay. We travel frequently and usually try to find a good deal on a hotel. I have stayed with this chain before in my hometown and had a great experience and thought it was a great value. We normally stay at the Hilton when we go to Cleveland because we know what we are getting for our money. I thought I would try something different this time and see if we could save a few bucks and it was the worst decision ever. My back and neck and are still sore from the terrible sleeping conditions and next time we will stay at the Hilton. I also would like to add that had we stayed at the Hilton instead of this chain on this weekend I would have only paid $40 more. I will never stay at this chain again.

Room Tip: Don't book a queen size bed if you actually want a queen size bed. It's actually a full size...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
I received your review about your stay at our hotel. Our company is dedicated to providing 100% satisfaction to all of our guests, which is why I was disheartened to read your comments about the overall cleanliness of the room and the hotel.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a clean and fresh environment and it is apparent we failed here with you. I have met with the local management team regarding your cleanliness comments and your concerns regarding the staff and can assure you we are addressing both issues.

It is rare we receive negative feedback like yours, but it helps us improve our processes. Thank you for providing it. We would love the opportunity to serve you again, and show you our redoubled efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay at our property.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This room is not a suite which might be nice if you were really staying for a long time. However, as a hotel room it was nice. We had one of the ADA rooms. They have two types - roll-in shower and tub with grab bars. We had a shower room. It was a great value for the money in Cleveland. Close to Cuyahoga Valley National park and not too far from downtown. There are several decent restaurants in the area, including PF Chang's and an Italian place at the local shopping mall. It would have been nice to have breakfast included, but we at a Bob Evans which was a block away. My only other complaint is that the sink in the bathroom had no counter space. The front desk staff was friendly and the bed was comfortable. The kitchens appear to be randomly stocked so ask if you need something.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear food_nut,

Thanks so very much for the positive review of your recent stay at Extended Stay America, Beachwood. We know that you had several hotel options in the Beachwood area, and we are honored that you chose to stay with us. As you note, our rooms come with kitchens, which is why many of our guests share your appreciation for our close proximity to grocery stores. Although, as you rightly point out, there are also numerous restaurants nearby as well. We do hope to be able to accommodate you again the next time your travels bring you to the Beachwood area.
Coquitlam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

On the plus side the rooms were clean and comforable, with a full kitchen, free parking, free WiFi (moderate speed), and quiet rooms. There are also a few good retaurants within walking distance.
On the negative side, the smoking rooms are on the same floor as the non-smoking, and the smokers like to leave their doors open and flood the halls with smoke that ends up in the non-smoking rooms. There is no business center so if you need to get on a computer or print a doument you are out of luck. I also had an issue with the A/C unit in my room that the front-desk staff at the time didn't seem to be too interested in resolving.
As a general traveller, I'd stay away because of the smoking issue, and as a business traveller I would stay away due to the lack of facilities available.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear MrMarcR,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Cleveland - Beachwood. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of the hallways. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case where the hallways smell like smoke. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

In addition, I do apologize that we were not able to meet your needs in regards to having a business center. For this, I truly apologize.

Parksley, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My wife and I had to stay for an extended period of time (2 1/2 weeks) due to her surgery. We were looking for a reasonable rate efficiency and we found it. It met our needs very well. The kitchen is small but effective for breakfast and quick meals. Room was clean and comfortable. I had a concern about housekeeping but was immediately taken care of. Good choice and they have a Cleveland Clinic rate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Donald,

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Cleveland - Beachwood. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Batavia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Great location and a great value. I was in the area for a 4 day training and it was great to have the small kitchen available. Practical, safe and within 4 miles to almost anything I needed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Jacky,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Cleveland - Beachwood. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood? Share your experiences!