“Very good and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Beachwood
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very good and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I'm a regular with this hotel, and last time I spend there a month with my wife and daughter. The service quality is very good, hotel rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast is included, although it is not the most healthy choice in town.
And complementary afternoon offerings are available as well from time to time.
Not to mention free coupons to the almighty lifetime fitness gym nearby...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
lkreitzer, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Gadi ~

We were excited when we saw that you had reviewed our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn Beachwood and hope that you and your family are doing well!

Next time you need a hotel stay make sure you pop in! We have actually added some items to the complimentary hot buffet (assortment of fruit parfaits, build your own omelet on select days, more fruite options, etc) since your last stay. However, let me know if there is anything you would have liked specifically and we can always look to make more additions as we are always trying to improve for our guests.

Hope to see you soon,

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
ontario canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Our family of six enjoyed the two night stay here. We had a suite with two king bedrooms, a pull out couch, full kitchen and two baths. When I asked for a couple extra pillows they were brought to the room immediately. Grocery stores close by. The pool area was clean and had a nice hot tub. A separate fire pit and barbecue area. A good laundry facility with fourteen dryers. Front desk people were very helpful. Clean throughout the facility. Quiet and tranquil. Lovely breakfast both days and a complimentary bbq supper one of the nights. Would definitely stay here again.

Lucille ~

Thank you for making the Residence Inn Beachwood your "home away from home". I am sure traveling with a large family can be a challenge and we were able to meet your needs, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of laundry that you need to do while you stay at a hotel.

We hope that we are your choice again when traveling to the Beachwood area!

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We selected this hotel because it was equidistant for all the relatives coming to our reunion. We also selected it because it has an awesome outdoor space - a great way to spend time catching up with family news. The pool is a perfect size and the gas fire pit was cozy. We were even allowed to informally meet with each other in the Hearth Room and in the Dining room. The rooms were very spacious and the prices were reasonable. The bed was super comfy... so much so that we asked for the name of the mattress. The only small drawback was that security wanted us out of the firepit area by 11 pm - we had so much more visiting to do! Breakfast was generous and delicious and the waffle iron was always busy. We would definitely recommend this to our friends and stay there again. Thank you Catrena Davis (Sales Manager) for putting together a great weekend for us. One more thing - the hotel is located in a prime location for shopping - Beachwood Mall, Legacy Village, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and Corky and Lenny's Deli were frequent stops for all of us.

Sid ~

We cannot thank you enough for hosting your family reunion at the Residence Inn Beachwood and enjoying all of our wonderful amenities. I am sure your family could catch up all night, but of course we have to make sure all of our guests are able to get a good night's sleep.

I am even more pleased that you enjoyed working with Catrena Davis. She is extremely valuable to our hotel and we are fortunate to have her as a part of our "family".

We hope that we see you again next year!

Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife, two grandsons and I had the pleasure of staying at the Residence Inn, Beachwood, O. on July 6, 2012. I can not say enough about the service, the room(2 Bedroom suite) and all the amenities. The staff was outstanding and this Hotel is one of the reasons my family chooses the Marriott brand when ever possible.

Good afternoon JW ~

Thank you for posting a review about your wonderful stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Beachwood! We strive to push for the Marriott standards that you expect on all your stays and are happy that you were comfortable. Especially since you had two grandsons that you needed to impress too! Hopefully they are future Marriott loyalists as well.

Thanks again ~

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Our stay at this Residence Inn was quite satisfactory with no real problems to speak of. The hotel was clean, and our room was spacious. We had a one bedroom suite with a pull-out sofa bed. We also requested a roll away bed so that our two kids wouldn't be crammed onto the sofa bed together. This worked really well and there was plenty of room to do this. The king sized bed in the bedroom was fine.

The bathroom was designed so that the shower and toilet could be used while someone else was at the sink/mirror area. The bathroom was adjacent to the bedroom, and my only complaint was that if someone had been sleeping out on the sofa bed, they would have to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. Not a huge deal for us, but it could be a privacy issue depending on the make-up of your party. A minor detail, really.

Breakfast was included with our stay, and was standard fare...cereal, fruit, scrambled eggs, waffle maker, etc. It wasn't fancy, but it was plenty adequate. Our room had a full-sized fridge with a freezer, which was a great feature. There was a kitchenette in the suite, too, for those needing it for a longer stay.

The hotel wasn't fancy, but it was definitely clean. Some of the furnishings were a little bit dated. Not bad, but you could tell this wasn't a brand new hotel. They were still in good repair and clean, so I can't really complain too much. Our suite was spacious enough for a family of four. I would stay there again and would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Try not to be close to the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Cool_Teacher~

Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Beachwood. We were happy to hear that the hotel met your needs while traveling with your children to the Cleveland area. We know that sometimes the children can be the hardest to please and we do everything we can to make your stay comfortable.

We hope to see you up again if you make your way up north!

Thanks again,

Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was my third stay at this Residence Inn in the last year. I was highly disappointed in the cleanliness of the room this time. The carpet was dirty (they were cleaning that up), the furniture was torn and stained, the curtains were stained and their was something in the vent. I stay with my two young daughters so I really would prefer someplace much cleaner.
The staff, as usual was friendly but they failed to comply with 2 simple requests I called in before I arrived. I wanted to stay on a low floor and I was on the 3rd of 4 and I wanted a crib. When we arrived at 12:30am there was no crib so we had to wait and put the baby back to sleep once it arrived.
Finally the room was $189 on the Marriott website...slightly cheaper on Orbitz, but I paid only $99 in February when I stayed. RIP OFF. I hope the hotel does better and cleans up it's act.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
GoGlobal ~
First of all, thank you for being loyal to the Residence Inn and staying with us multiple times. I apologize that your second stay did not provide you with the same comfort as your first. We hope that you reach out to us again in the future, and please feel free to call me directly.

As far as the rate, I do understand how this can be frustrating when staying at the same hotel each stay but we do have seasonal rates in place at the hotel due to peak seasons.

We hope to see you again in the future and as I stated before I would be more than happy to discuss your problems that you had with the hotel over the phone.

Take care,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

This was my stay with a Residence Innand I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly the room very large and more like three rooms. We were in for one Saturday night with three kids. We had a two bedroom, two bath suite which was nice. It had a pull out couch too. I wished they offered a king bed in one room and two doubles in the other, which would have been better for the girls, who had to share a bed. There is a nice kitchen with freezer and fridge and other amenities. The breakfast is a full breakfast with many options and well staffed so well stocked. This is a nice option for families.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
lkreitzer, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Live2Travel ~

By your name on TripAdvisor I want to thank you for your glowing review of the Residence Inn Beachwood as it seems that you travel quite often! We are pleased to hear that your family was comfortable in our two-bedroom suite and able to get enough energy from our hot breakfast buffet to enjoy your day.

We hope to see you the next time that you are in town!

At your service,

Lynsey Kreitzer

Been to Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood? Share your experiences!