“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife, two grandsons and I had the pleasure of staying at the Residence Inn, Beachwood, O. on July 6, 2012. I can not say enough about the service, the room(2 Bedroom suite) and all the amenities. The staff was outstanding and this Hotel is one of the reasons my family chooses the Marriott brand when ever possible.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
lkreitzer, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Good afternoon JW ~

Thank you for posting a review about your wonderful stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Beachwood! We strive to push for the Marriott standards that you expect on all your stays and are happy that you were comfortable. Especially since you had two grandsons that you needed to impress too! Hopefully they are future Marriott loyalists as well.

Thanks again ~

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Our stay at this Residence Inn was quite satisfactory with no real problems to speak of. The hotel was clean, and our room was spacious. We had a one bedroom suite with a pull-out sofa bed. We also requested a roll away bed so that our two kids wouldn't be crammed onto the sofa bed together. This worked really well and there was plenty of room to do this. The king sized bed in the bedroom was fine.

The bathroom was designed so that the shower and toilet could be used while someone else was at the sink/mirror area. The bathroom was adjacent to the bedroom, and my only complaint was that if someone had been sleeping out on the sofa bed, they would have to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. Not a huge deal for us, but it could be a privacy issue depending on the make-up of your party. A minor detail, really.

Breakfast was included with our stay, and was standard fare...cereal, fruit, scrambled eggs, waffle maker, etc. It wasn't fancy, but it was plenty adequate. Our room had a full-sized fridge with a freezer, which was a great feature. There was a kitchenette in the suite, too, for those needing it for a longer stay.

The hotel wasn't fancy, but it was definitely clean. Some of the furnishings were a little bit dated. Not bad, but you could tell this wasn't a brand new hotel. They were still in good repair and clean, so I can't really complain too much. Our suite was spacious enough for a family of four. I would stay there again and would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Try not to be close to the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Cool_Teacher~

Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Beachwood. We were happy to hear that the hotel met your needs while traveling with your children to the Cleveland area. We know that sometimes the children can be the hardest to please and we do everything we can to make your stay comfortable.

We hope to see you up again if you make your way up north!

Thanks again,

Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was my third stay at this Residence Inn in the last year. I was highly disappointed in the cleanliness of the room this time. The carpet was dirty (they were cleaning that up), the furniture was torn and stained, the curtains were stained and their was something in the vent. I stay with my two young daughters so I really would prefer someplace much cleaner.
The staff, as usual was friendly but they failed to comply with 2 simple requests I called in before I arrived. I wanted to stay on a low floor and I was on the 3rd of 4 and I wanted a crib. When we arrived at 12:30am there was no crib so we had to wait and put the baby back to sleep once it arrived.
Finally the room was $189 on the Marriott website...slightly cheaper on Orbitz, but I paid only $99 in February when I stayed. RIP OFF. I hope the hotel does better and cleans up it's act.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
GoGlobal ~
First of all, thank you for being loyal to the Residence Inn and staying with us multiple times. I apologize that your second stay did not provide you with the same comfort as your first. We hope that you reach out to us again in the future, and please feel free to call me directly.

As far as the rate, I do understand how this can be frustrating when staying at the same hotel each stay but we do have seasonal rates in place at the hotel due to peak seasons.

We hope to see you again in the future and as I stated before I would be more than happy to discuss your problems that you had with the hotel over the phone.

Take care,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

This was my stay with a Residence Innand I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly the room very large and more like three rooms. We were in for one Saturday night with three kids. We had a two bedroom, two bath suite which was nice. It had a pull out couch too. I wished they offered a king bed in one room and two doubles in the other, which would have been better for the girls, who had to share a bed. There is a nice kitchen with freezer and fridge and other amenities. The breakfast is a full breakfast with many options and well staffed so well stocked. This is a nice option for families.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
lkreitzer, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Live2Travel ~

By your name on TripAdvisor I want to thank you for your glowing review of the Residence Inn Beachwood as it seems that you travel quite often! We are pleased to hear that your family was comfortable in our two-bedroom suite and able to get enough energy from our hot breakfast buffet to enjoy your day.

We hope to see you the next time that you are in town!

At your service,

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

The hotel itself is mediocre, and the staff is pretty rude. I'd already prepaid for my room with a third party approval, but the little guy with a tie on wanted to debate me on it. I had the document with me but it was in my rental and I didn't feel like debating after missing my original flight and waiting for a second flight for 5 hours. I wrote the General Manager at the hotel about his additional comment in a very rude way "No parties". I am a professional so I'm not sure what he was speaking of. My last night I asked if there was a cable I could use to connect my laptop to the TV and the night clerk was rude never looking up and said "That is a maintenance question". I then told her to get maintenance on the phone and ask maintenance the maintenance question. I am accustomed to professional environments and the 2 staff members I dealt with were less than professional and should be working at the local gas stations as opposed to a hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Beachwood when traveling to the area as we know you have many options.

Second, I would like to apologize that you did not feel that our staff welcomed you at the hotel. It is of course our number one priority that our guests feel as though they are at their home away from home and your concerns have been addressed. We hope that the next time that you travel to the Cleveland / Beachwood area that we can show you that our number one priority is your comfort.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed here for three nights on a recent business trip to the Cleveland area. This is a nice Residence Inn with a very friendly staff and great social hour. The hotel is extremly clean and centrally located for conducting business in the Chagrin, Beachwood area. I would agree that the funishings are a little dated but the hotel was imacculate and I would not hesitate in staying here again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
lkreitzer, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear BlueMarlinDave ~
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Beachwood! We pride ourselves in our service here and are happy that you appreciated it.

We hope to see you on your next stay to the Cleveland area!

At your service~
Bloomfield Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We recently had our second stay at this hotel east of Cleveland. Both times we used a 2-bedroom suite. My husband and I used one room, and my parents were in the other. One of the nights our adult son slept on the sofabed in the "living room" area in between the 2 bedrooms. Each bedroom has its own bathroom and its own TV. There's also a TV in the living room space. The kitchenette area has a dishwasher, full oven/stove, microwave, and full-size refrigerator. I made dinner for us one night in the kitchen, and we could use the fridge for storing leftovers, snacks, drinks, etc. We were in the hotel for a 3-night stay. The hotel has lovely, large first floor living room and breakfast areas. This hotel's complimentary breakfasts were the best, most complete I've ever had. The fitness center wasn't too large, but it was clean and had nice equipment. I used it to walk on the treadmill after a large dinner and before going to bed. I was glad I could watch TV while walking. The Beachwood area is loaded with restaurants, shopping options, etc. Quite a few major national chain restaurants (nice ones) are nearby to the Residence Inn.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
lkreitzer, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Friend~
Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Cleveland Beachwood. We were so happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of so many of our complimentary amenities during your last visit. We hope to see you again in the near future.

~ Lynsey Kreitzer

Been to Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood? Share your experiences!