“OLD AND NEW...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood to your Saves list
DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3663 Park East Drive, Beachwood, OH 44122 (Formerly Hilton Cleveland East/Beachwood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rock Hall of Fame Package
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Beachwood
Montreal, Canada
“OLD AND NEW...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is newly renovated but somehow feels old an dun renovated. Strange. Excellent staff except front desk who are nice but not empowered to help. Rates spiked for some reason during my routine business stay...2 nights ov45 $600. Thiis is a DoubleTree in Beachwood, for heavens Sakes. Expedia tells me my room should cost $109. Big difference. I will not come back. I spend 100 nights a year in Beachwood on business...back the the Residence Inn for me or the new Aloft when it opens on October, 2013.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for completing this review regarding your stay at out hotel last week. I appreciate the kind comments about our team and will certainly pass that along. I am sorry that you felt that the front desk staff was unable to assist you with an issue, I would be happy to address this with the team members involved if you could provide me with some additional information on what occurred, you may return my email I have sent or contact me at the hotel.

Our hotel was last renovated in 2009-10, but we have continued to improve the facilities each year. The pool courtyard is being transformed now, the fitness room will have all new equipment by the end of this month and our lobby will be renovated by the end of the year. The rate you paid ($239.95 per night) was a standard rate for an executive level room, which you booked. Discounts were not available due to the high occupancy in the area, which is why I am sure that your preferred hotel was not able to accommodate you. We are constantly reviewing our pricing to see that we are offering a value in the area when compared to similar hotels. Last week, our standard room rates were within 10-20% of other full service hotels in the area so that we can be a value option for our guests.

I do appreciate the feedback and hope that you will try us again.

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Philadelphia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Family members stayed for wedding. No choice in the matter, I feel we could have done better. Especially for the money spent. In the past, at other hotels, booked for weddings, there was always a "continental breakfast" in the morning, not here! Pool area was not clean, ants in the hot tub! Staff nice and helpful, I feel the problem was corporate policy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Guest:

i am sorry that you were disappointed during this visit to our hotel. We are priced competitively in the market and and when part of a wedding group, a discount is extended to all attendees. Unfortunately, the bride in this case chose a rate that did not include breakfast, leaving her guests the option of what to eat and the location. We offer a full breakfast buffet with cooked to order omelettes in our Wake Up DoubleTree breakfast buffet. Additionally, we have a full breakfast menu. We do offer bed and breakfast packages that include breakfast as well. I am sorry that the pool was not up to the standard that you expected. As I am sure you noticed, we are in the midst of a complete renovation of this area and will be done next week. I checked today and found no ants by the hot tub, but we will keep on the lookout, with all the record rainfall this year they are certainly moving. Thanks for staying with us and thank you for the kind remarks about our team - we really appreciate it!
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my weekend stay recently at the Doubletree Beachwood. The front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant staff were warm, in good spirits, and helpful. Breakfast in the hotel was good. The room was spacious and clean. The hotel is an older building which could use some sound-proofing. I could hear the low voices of people next door talking in normal tones and when they had their TV on. Also, when people leave the room, there is nothing to stop the door from slamming loudly. It was a busy weekend as I believe there was a wedding going on, lots of kids around, and a dog nearby (not allowed on 4th floor).

The front desk staff responded quickly when informed of the noise problems and apologized for the inconvenience and offered remediation, very professional. I'd stay here again, hopefully after a remodel period (slow down the doors?). Thanks.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor. Our staff will be excited to read your kind comments - warm and welcoming is not just about the cookie at checkin, but the way that we operate our hotel. I appreciate the feedback about the noise - sometimes other guests are somewhat inconsiderate and that noise does travel in the hotel as people are trying to sleep. I am glad our team responded quickly. I am sorry that this was disturbing your visit. Thank you for the recommedation about the doors, we will see what can be done. It is important that the close fast enough to latch for security purposes, but we will look into it.

I hope that you will join us again on your next visit to the area.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Double Tree was much better than I expected based on some reviews I had read. We didn't spend much time there because we were attending family reunion activities off-site. However, the hotel was clean and quiet, and beds were very comfy. Staff was friendly and accommodating. It's in a great area close to food, gas, and shopping. I definitely would stay there again. If you are picky-picky, a couple of things that could be improved were the lack of a complimentary continental breakfast, price (slightly higher than you might expect given the lack of frills), and the annoying television system that takes you back to the start menu when you try to change the channel. But - they give you a warm chocolate chip cookie when you check in - scrumptious!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. I hope you were able to spend some quality time with family - reunions are great for that! On your next visit I might suggest that you look for some of our packages that do include a full breakfast. The buffet is fantastic. The cookies are indeed great, and I am glad that you liked them, but they don't fix everything - The TV issue that you described is certainly not standard and I would like to make sure that it is fixed. I have sent you a private message and hope that you can return the message so that I can get the room number and look into it.

We hope that you come back again to visit us soon!
LR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was in school from 06/24/2013 to 06/29/2013 at the Philips Medical school.

You had warm cookies at check-in.

The bedroom was large and verify comfortable.

The porter's steakhouse restaurant was great for dinner and a full buffet breakfast.

Each night for dinner I had a different steak.

I found out that I didn't care for swordfish steak.

The airport is about 25 min from the hotel.

Walmart is about 10min.

A mall near the hotel.

The free wine after 5PM.

carl

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest:

We are pleased to be hosting Philips for their training and glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for taking time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I will certainly pass along your kind remarks to our team - especially Porter's since you mentioned your dinner and breakfast! We hope that you will join us again soon!
Cleveland Heights, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable. We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. It had healthy options available such as steel cut oats, fresh fruit and a custom order omelet station. Plus the less healthy options for my partner. The staff checking us in were very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit to the DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland East Beachwood. Thank you for the nice comments about our front desk team and the Wake Up DoubleTree Breakfast Buffet. As you said, there are many different options available to accommodate almost every taste and diet need! We hope the you make the short trip again soon to be our guest!
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The rooms were nice and very clean. The staff could not have been more helpful. We will definitely come back. Even little touches like bottled water and fresh cookies were very appreciated. The lobby is very comfortable. It also has a great bar and restaurant. The indoor/outdoor pool is usable no matter what the weather.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest:

We very much appreciate the kind review of our hotel. Thank you for taking your time to do this! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and restuarant and we all look forward to having you as our guests again soon! And, thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton HHonors program and our brands.

Been to DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood? Share your experiences!