“Lots of fun and lots of food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of wasabi japanese steak house

wasabi japanese steak house
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cleveland, Ohio
“Lots of fun and lots of food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Twelve of us went here for a birthday party. This is the perfect place for a special celebration. Service was a bit slow to start. It took quite some time for us to get the drinks we ordered. However, once the show started, the food came fast and furious. We started with an appetizer of Sashimi Ceviche ($11) which was a bit different from the traditional Peruvian one, but very good. However, this was a bit of a mistake since once the main course arrived we could not eat it all. The hibachi tables consist of 18 or 20 chairs around two hibachi grills. Since our table was almost full and we sat in the middle, we got to see both chefs in action. Everybody gets starters of soup (thin but good), and a small salad (nothing special). From the grill, they start with egg-fried rice, noodles, and vegetables. Finally, they cook whatever it is you ordered. I had the shrimp ($20) and my wife had the sirloin ($19), which we both shared. The steak was excellent. The shrimp was good and the portions were very generous. I think the menu said 10 jumbo shrimp but I got at least 15. Nobody had room for desert. The only minor complaint I have is that they charged $2 each for the fried rice. I thought this was included. They also added 18% for a tip. Considering the show and the large quantities of (mostly) good food, I have to give them 5 stars for value.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“Yum Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Went to Wasabi to celebrate a relative's 90th birthday and had a good time. We went on the hibachi side of the restaurant to a private room to have dinner. Our server (Steven) was good and the chefs were very entertaining. Their saki shots were hilarious (I didn’t have any, I was the designated driver), and my 7 year-old liked how the chefs prepared the food on the hibachi. She even got a kick trying to eat her dinner with the kid’s chopsticks. They made her first visit enjoyable and she is already talking about wanting to come back.

The price was a tad high, and I almost declined the invitation, but for celebrating birthday’s (especially a 90th birthday), I had a second thought and said what the heck. I am glad I did.

As with popular restaurants, there will be wait times, so there might be a wait to be seated at the hibachi table, but it is worth it. I would recommend Wasabi. Oh, by the way: I loved their yum-yum sauce.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mentor, Ohio
“Fun and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Get entertained and stuffed.
when you get in make sure you do the hibachi intead of conventional dinning. the Chef will come cook in front of you and you will be wonder if they are also acrobats as they trow food in your mouth and play with fire!!!!! Absolutly great for special occasions dinning, as you get fed and entertained.

Visited June 2012
North Carolina
“Habachi chicken or fajitas?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

I was by myself and in a hurry, so I sat at bar. You don't have to sit through the show, so it's faster. Bartenter was frequently distracted and my water glass ran empty several times. Maybe that's a trade-off for sitting at the bar! I ordered hibachi chicken and the food came quickly. It came with a smallish salad with ginger dressing. It was good. Miso soup...not my favorite. It was an onion broth with tofu and white material swirling about. If you let the white flakes settle, the broth would go clear again until you stirred it. It didn't taste very good. The chicken was served on a bed of grilled onions on a sizzling platter. It was only missing green peppers and tortillas and I would have thought I was at chilis! Chicken had good flavor and tasted fresh. If I have more time, I'd try it again as a sit-down. A little pricy for what it was.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lansing, MI
“This was okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is typical of the Japanese steak houses but honestly, the decor is phenomenal. This happened to be graduation weekend in Cleveland and we were fortunate to get a seat. Normally the people who cook at your table are very engaging; our person tried to be, but he was having difficulty managing both cooking and interacting.
There were problems with everyone's order. Someone ordered filet, he didn't have it; I and another order shrimp and scallops; I received 4 scallops, she received 8. The shrimp was way over cooked, very tough and rubbery, the fried rice wasn't very tasty. Our cook didn't know how to divide the portions equally and, in my opinion, cooked things out of order. You received rice, some minutes later, a noodle dish, then I received scallops and everyone got shrimp. In the meantime, anyone who ordered chicken or steak were waiting. Ultimately he dumped vegetables on what was left on your plate. I don't think we need to go back.

Visited June 2012