“I LOVE this Steakhouse” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Red The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Beachwood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chagrin
Description: This is more than a place for a great piece of meat. Critics are buzzing about Red, The Steakhouse. No wonder it ranks within the top 10 best steakhouses in the country according to Esquire and Playboy magazines. Look for creative cuisine a la seafood, poultry, pasta and more by Executive Chef Jonathan Bennett. Outstanding wine selection courtesy of Sommelier Cyrus Davarpanah.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I LOVE this Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The service is exemplary. The food is delicious and perfectly prepared. I eat steak frequently, but I can honestly say I got the best steak I've ever had at this restaurant. It can be a bit pricey, but WELL worth it. I live in Washington DC and come up to Beachwood to visit my Father. This was our second trip to this restaurant and we will be eating there every time I come back.
On both visits we had the same server, I believe his name was Rich. He was incredibly friendly, attentive, and hilarious. He is a big reason we had such a great time and plan to return.

Rich, thanks for the staw ;)

Visited May 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice ambaince, ok service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had to wait to get in because we walked in. They went past the quote time which was ok, but we waited for a while. The place looked nice on the inside and we were excited to get started. The waiter greeted us quickly and then disappeared. We didn't see him for long gaps at a time. Finally the food came out... a filet for me and my husband ordered a rib eye. My filet was a standard filet, but my husband's rib eye was overcooked and fatty. We expected more since we were paying so much. The server checked on us and offered to make a new one, but we had waited so long and were tired. A manager never stopped by and they offered us desserts but we just wanted to go a this point. My poor husband. Maybe we'll try again, but not in the near future. Slow service, standard steakhouse food, and high prices. The place looked nice however...

Visited December 2013
“Best of town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Saved the best for last. The menu offers an enormous number of steak dishes. Atmosphere is business chique. Weird, but typical American combination of sports events on big screens in the background combined with an intimate high class diner.

Visited October 2013
“Pricey, but delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a great dinner at Red. It is definitely pricey - dinner was about $250 for two entrees, salads, a side dish, dessert, and a bottle of wine. The steak was absolutely excellent. Service was wonderful, too. We will definitely return for special occasions. Highly recommend the donut holes for dessert - delish!

Visited February 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Cleveland Steakhouses at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I'll start off by saying I was invited here for a dinner and a lecture, so I didn't have to pay for dinner. Lord only knows that I wouldn't have been able to afford it here otherwise. You can taste how much it is in the food, and that's a compliment!

Red has small rooms in the back for groups, so 10 of us were gathered for our presentation. We were started off with 5 Artisian cheeses, the Bleu Cheese was my favorite. Next out was the bread and House Salad. Salad had just enough dressing on it and wasn't over kill with the dressing.

For the main course, I had the Double Chicken Breast. Hot, tender and juicy, perfectly well done. We had family style mashed potatoes and asparagus, both of which we had left overs of and had boxed to take home. The mashed potatoes were creamy with butter mixed in and were amazing.

Chocolate molten cake for desert. Rich and just right. Like I said, I couldn't afford this other wise, so if you have the chance to come here, jump at it!

• Visited March 2014