“Still Our Favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Beachwood
Renton
“Still Our Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood is still our family's favorite hotel in the area. It is in a convenient location - just off I-271 at Chagrin Boulevard. Upon entering the front door, the front desk is conveniently located to the right [the Suite Shop - sundries - is to the left]. It is here that you will meet the awesome front desk folks [Linda H, Linda S, Rich, Matt, and others who's names I am drawing a blank on at the moment] as well as Alicia, the GM.

Once again, we had an great room - this time we elected to have a studio. It felt very roomy. It was exceptionally clean, well-supplied [sufficient towels and kitchen supplies], and had comfortable furniture - the best bed in any hotel I've ever been in. The bathroom is well planned. The shower and toilet are in a room and the sink/vanity our out of that room. This allows someone to shower [great water pressure, BTW] and someone else to prep at the sink and adds to the open, spacious feel of the room.

Housekeeping is very accommodating and makes sure you have what you need. We were fortunate to have Janiece take care of us for most of our stay, and she [like all at the hotel] really made us feel welcome and at home.

The fitness room and pool/spa were well kept up. The business center has 2 desktop computers, a printer, and any supplies you need. The internet connection in the rooms is good, but sometimes you need to use a desktop - they are well-maintained - quick connections are most appreciated.

The daily breakfast and 4 evening dinners are delicious. They have 2 waffle makers that are fun to use and I found mini chocolate chips so I made chocolate chip waffles [my new favorite yum]. There is a 24/7 complimentary coffee/tea station. I appreciate that they have decaf coffee available - this is nice for those of us who like coffee but not caffeine [especially at night].

The hotel is pet-friendly, and the Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood knows how to make furry family welcome. Max [our Chihuahua/service dog] was treated like a celebrity. He was introduced to new people and probably got more than his share of treats when he sat nicely at the door between the Suite Shop and front desk. 'Not sure who taught who that one...

Before we left, we were already planning our next stay at the Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood. It's like home when we visit the area and we are always glad to see the "family" there.

Enjoy your stay!!

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor is you will be there a while and want to be near the laundry room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Alisha K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear SeattleKati,

WOW! I wanted to personally thank you for the kind words you had to say about our hotel. Our staff prides themselves in providing a clean, comfortable and overall enjoyable experience. The staff will certainly appreciate your comments about their friendly demeanor and I know they truly enjoy chatting with the guests and meeting new people. Feedback such as yours is what makes our job rewarding. Myself and my entire staff really enjoyed seeing your family and spending sometime with Max, he is a very friendly and adorable dog. We all look forward to seeing you again next year. Once again thank you so much for the fantastic review.

Alisha Koby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

staff is quite friendly :) Always much appreciated after long days in the office! My only complaint would be the shower stall only. Tub and bedroom seperation is much nicer in upgraded room! Though I really can not complain for free breakfast in the AM (they will provide you with a to-go container if you ask..) and welcome home cocktails and the occasional fresh cookies ;)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Alisha K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Kiera M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback about our hotel. We’re committed to addressing guest concerns so that we can provide the best experience in the Beachwood area. We do have different bathroom types depending on which room is booked. If your travels bring you back to the Beachwood area we will make sure we give you a room that is comfortable for you.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

New Riegel, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I knew this was going to be a great stay when I walked in the door. The front desk was smiling and inviting. The lobby is well-kept. The hallway lights are brighter than expected which really give the facility a glow. Upon entering the room, it made a great first impression. The beds were very comfortable. The furniture did not look tired and used. When we left a vehicle door hatch open, the staff figured out we had left it open and contacted us in a short amount of time. There appeared to be many business folks at the hotel and it was very quiet. The pool was ours both times we used it. Remember there is an elevator at the end of the hallway, as the main elevator is a bit slow and frequently being used. It was an excellent facility and we will use it again.

Room Tip: South side rooms will get more sun.
Dear Michael R,

I wanted to personally thank you for the kind words you had to say about our hotel. Our staff prides themselves in providing a clean, comfortable and overall enjoyable experience. . The staff will certainly appreciate your comments about their friendly demeanor and I know they truly enjoy chatting with the guests and meeting new people. Feedback such as yours is what makes our job rewarding, and we do hope you’ll come back again when your travels bring you to the Beachwood area.

Roseburg, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here 2 times prior to this visit and hotel and slipped since then. Elevator was not working at times and when it did it was SLOW; we were on 6th floor and had to take the stairs frequently. We weren't given our HiltonHonors Benefits (2 free bottled waters). Breakfast was meager on the weekend and they were out of many items because hotel staff didn't replenish breakfast items frequently enough.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear OregonTraveller5,

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback about our hotel. We take guest comments very seriously as they are the basis for improving our hotel and service level.

I’m very sorry to see that you had some imperfections in your stay and I want to let you know that we’re going to address all of these issues with our staff. With you being a valued Gold Hilton Honors member I am very sorry that we fell short in providing you with your bottles of water. I also would like to apologize for the elevators not working properly during your stay, we definitely understand how important it is for the elevators to be working especially with having 6 floors. We’ll also be reviewing with our breakfast department on how to make sure we are always making sure the food is stocked during breakfast hours. We hope that you will come back to see us again in the near future. It is our goal to have repeat customers that look forward to coming back.

Putnam, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We spent 5 nights at this Homewood Suites. The room was comfortable. We especially liked having a living area and kitchen. The living room furniture was okay. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast had a good selection daily. For our needs, it was a good location. The hotel was quiet, too. I think clean glasses for the bathroom should have been provided daily. They were never changed. Overall, a good stay. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lorraine S,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback which will help us improve our guest experience. I’m very sorry that your room was not thoroughly cleaned during your stay. I’ve reviewed this information with our Executive Housekeeper and we’ve already discussed ways to make sure things like this do not slip through our inspection process. Our expectations are beyond those of our guests and you should be wowed at every opportunity. We hope you’ll stay with us again, and if you do, please let us know if anything does not exceed your expectations so that we can do everything in our power to impress you before you leave our property.

Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our stay was great. Hotel was clean including the lobby, food area, and rooms. Service was top notch. The night clerk even greeted our dogs. Pet fee was reasonable. Plenty of places to walk our dogs. Breakfast was average. Price was somewhat high.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Alisha K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear CindiLouWho87,

Thanks for the great review. I’ll let the staff know that you noticed their efforts. The staff really enjoys having pets stay at our hotel. I’m sure they’ll be excited to hear the feedback. They work very hard to make sure no detail is overlooked. Please come back and visit us again sometime, we’d love to see you again!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am still here at the hotel but I couldn't wait to put this on trip advisor. First of all, the staff treats you extremely well, they are the friendliest group of people ever. The hotel is very clean and furnished very nicely. I went up to my room, a full kitchen, kitchen table, living area, business area, bedroom area and all the space you need. The bed is very comfortable, it's a home away from home. I left a do not disturb sign on my door, at the end of the day when all the housekeepers where going home, I received a call to let me know, if I needed anything to just call. I checked it out on line and it looked nice, I was quite surprised at how much nicer it was when I got there. I plan on staying here whenever I am in town, which is quite often. Thank you to all the staff at Homewood Suites Beachwood. I really enjoyed the stay, you are all the best.

Room Tip: They also allow smoking & pets!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cindy W,

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to send some flattering comments our way. I’m going to forward this right over to our staff to let them know how great they’re doing. I am glad that you are enjoying your stay with us and that our accommodations meet your needs. It is nice to hear that we have made your stay enjoyable. I look forward to meeting you while you are here.

Alisha Koby

Been to Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood? Share your experiences!