“Exceptional Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Beachwood
CT
“Exceptional Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

I have stayed at most of the hotels in the Beachwood area in the past, but I will be using this hotel going forward. The rooms are great and the location is ideal. If you get a chance, spend a few minutes at the Managers Reception on Wednesday evenings. The Managers there make you feel like you have been friends for years.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

I am in the Cleveland area at least 6-7 time per year for 2-3 days at a time on Business. The Courtyard Beachwood is always my choice for my stay in the Cleveland area. The Hotel is clean and quiet and is ideally located off Interstate 271. There are probably 20 or more great restaurants in the immediate area to choose from. The staff there is friendly and helpful, and I look forward to the Managers Reception every Wendesday evening that allows me to share a glass of wine with my fellow travelers and the hotel management!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Petoskey, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

We stay at this property about once per year while visiting family. We always have a nice, quiet room and enjoy the free computer access with printer in the lobby area. It was also very easy to access the free WiFi in our room. We have no complaints and would not hesitate to recommend the Courtyard Marriott to other travellers. It is especially located near many nice restaurants, especially the fabulous deli - Corky and Lenny's, one of the best places for breakfast in the U.S.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Wandering around Michigan and Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

I travel for business 4 to 5 nights per week, which gives me the opportunity to stay at hotels all across Ohio. When I discovered the Courtyard by Marriott in Beachwood I made it my go to stop when I'm working in the Cleveland area. The hotel staff are friendly and wonderful. They have my room available and waiting when I arrive. They are also quick with dinner recommendations.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Elmhurst, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

An exceptional business hotel. A well-lit, open business center in the lobby with 3 fast, FREE,working computers and printers greet you. A better than average fitness center with flat screen TV is available if you choose not to use the complimentary local health club pass provided. A very friendly staff that remembers previous clients, and follows through on special requests, (mine was a refrigerator in the room). Power outlets are where you need them; next to the bed for cellphones, on the desk for laptops, etc. The manager's cocktail reception on Wednesday evenings is a very nice touch! I've always enjoyed interesting conversations with the staff and fellow travelers.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
petersam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

We stayed at the Courtyard in Beachwood in late July and had a very comfortable stay. We had requested adjoining rooms for our family, which they were able to accommodate after some dilligent searching by the front desk staff. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and in great condition. We headed down to the pool and the fitness room. The pool was tiny but was great for the kids. I didn't expect a large pool since this is a small business hotel. The fitness room similarly met our needs well. While we didn't eat at the hotel's restaurant for breakfast as there was a nearby Starbucks, I did notice that there was quite a variety of hot and cold options, including some items priced appropriately for kid sized appetites. I definitely would stay here again if my first choice - a 2 BR suite at the Residence Inn - was not available. The hotel was a great value for me - I used my Marriott points for both rooms. Our only cost was the beer from the "store" in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

When I walked into the lobby of this very mediocre Marriott, I was impressed with the appearance. The hotel front desk staff was polite. That's pretty much the only good things I have to say about the place.

I had asked for a quiet room -- and it was very quiet, mostly because the hotel guests here are business travelers and we arrived on a day when most had gone back home to their corporate nests. The minute I walked into the room, I smelled a stale smell -- almost like the room had been smoked in about 20 years ago. The cover on the back side of the TV was off and resting against the wall. I opened the windows to get some fresh air in but it never really made a difference.

The bed is the typical cheap, stiff mattress where the part near the headboard sinks down from 30 years of use. So, when you sleep your head is tilted downward -- not the most convenient way to sleep.

The water pressure is abismal -- I think I could spit harder.

The price for all of this was $175 (including tax) -- waaaaaaaaaay too high for small town Ohio.

Stay at the Homestead hotel and suites down the block -- half the price and the rooms are much larger.

• Stayed June 2009

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cleveland Beachwood? Share your experiences!