“Love Big Boy” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
South Point, Ohio
“Love Big Boy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've eat at Big Boy before, but this was my husband 1st time ever eating at one! We stopped on our way home from Kings Island. The service was amazing! The waitress kept the refills coming! The food was good and the strawberry pie was top notch!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bethel, Ohio
“Good Fish sandwich and blue salad dressing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Frisch's Big Boy is certainly not fine dining, but for a fish sandwich meal and a salad with blue cheese dressing, I enjoy eating there occasionally. Every few months, we also stop by for breakfast too. Other that those items, I don't eat any other menu choices. If you are interested in large quantities of breakfast but not choosy, try the breakfast buffet......

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Batavia
“Decent neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have lived near a Frisch's for my entire life. Particularly, I enjoy the standards; burgers, fries, and a cherry coke. They are not a 5 star dining experience, but I know where to go when that is what I want. When I go to Frisch's I want a friendly and familiar place, quality food and a smiling familiar face. The food is mostly fine, but anytime I hint that I am not 100% pleased they are always willing to make it right. I'm on there several times a week and I am rarely moved to complain about anything. The menu has a good variety and the servers are typically worth more than

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morgantown, WV
“Not very good - even compared to diner food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

My wife and I stopped at Frisch's Big Boy in Batavia, OH on a Saturday evening seeking a light dinner. I had been to Bob's Big Boy restaurants as a kid and thought this would be a nice, nostalgic place to stop. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. The food was adequate and seemed expensive considering the quality (two turkey wraps, two salad bars, two waters and one coffee was around $24 plus tip). The salad bar (at $4.85 each with our wraps, which were $5.95 each) was okay - nothing special - and we had to pick through the lettuce as some was browning. The wraps had so much cheese and gritty bacon that it completely overpowered the turkey. The lettuce in the wrap also had some brown pieces. The coffee was terribly bitter and tasted burned. Service was adequate - not unfriendly, just indifferent. As far as chain diners go, I would rate Frisch's below IHOP, Denny's, even Shoney's. It's basic fare not designed for the health-conscious (who have few options on the menu) - and expensive considering the quality of the food delivered.

• Visited November 2011