“I'm a Believer” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Colorado Springs
“I'm a Believer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Anybody who knows anything about me knows how critical I can be about restaurants and about food. Last night was our first visit to this restaurant; my husband and I went with a man who loves this place so much he was willing to wait 2 hours to bring his mother to dinner here on Mother's Day. We were definitely not disappointed because everything was top notch. This is my new favorite restaurant in the Fargo-Moorhead area. I had the house red blend wine, which was not poured with a stingy hand, and a dinner plate consisting of a sirloin steak and chicken combo, garlic mashed potatoes and a very good house salad. No corners were cut on quality or flavor. My husband loved his Texas brisket sandwich - so much so that he did not offer me a bite! Our dinner companion ordered a spicy pasta and sausage platter that was so bountiful he needed to take home leftovers in a little to-go box. Good selection of beers. Friendly and attentive wait staff. Clean, clean, clean. It was a Tuesday night and the parking lot was jammed. The delicious aroma of wood cooked meats wafted through the parking lot, heavenly. The only reason I didn't give the review a 5th star is because I almost never do that and because the potatoes were a tad cold.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Winnipeg, Canada
“Best barbeque ribs and club house chicken sandwich ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went for lunch, and had the rib sampler, absolutely delicious. Have never had such fabulous meaty tender ribs ever, (even down in Memphis) and all three of their sauces were exquisite. My friend had the club house sandwich with rotisserie roasted chicken, and for a picky slow eater who rarely ever eats everything, she snarfed that sandwich back, and to this day is raving about how very, very good the sandwich was, fresh L&T, and no soggy bread, but not so hard that it cuts the roof of your mouth. Absolutely fantastic. We each tried a bit of the other's lunch and I can attest her sandwich is something I will order when I am there again. Also, they have rotisserie roasted prime rib on Thurs, Fri & Sat from 4 til 8, but the waitress advised that if you come after 6:00 pm you run the risk of the beef being gone already. So she recommended if you have to come late, that you phone to find out if there is prime rib left. Recommend this restaurant for the food and the atmosphere is very comfortable.

Visited May 2014
Fargo, North Dakota
“Disappointing Visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

First off, I need to express that I've always had very positive visits to Spitfire and up until this visit would often suggest this restaurant to others. This visit was for Father's Day as my husband loves this place. We ordered the BBQ Nachos with pork which were delicious. For our meal, my husband ordered The Pitmaster, I ordered the Southwest Chicken Salad and my daughter had the kid's Mac and Cheese. My meal was "eh". Which is disappointing since I love chicken and salad, but when I started to compare the amount of chicken I got compared to my husband's meat-filled sandwich (which he said was delicious) and the fact that they were the same price, I feel as though I just got ripped off. Then, the mac and cheese....now I don't like ordering mac and cheese ever since it is such a cheap food that is SO OVER PRICED at all restaurants....but my kid will eat it so we ordered it. I am determined that it was Kraft Mac and Cheese....which means I spent $5 on a $1 meal for her. Now, if it was Kraft Mac and Cheese....I don't care but then don't charge $5. If it isn't, they are wasting their time creating something that could be bought for a $1 somewhere else and resell it for $5. To top it off, the service wasn't spectacular so when you add it all up....it was a disappointing meal. I wish we would have gone somewhere else but we didn't. Will I return...maybe someday but not anytime soon when there are other places in the WF/F/M area that are better and I feel is worth my money.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Almost perfect...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

.... except 2 small glitches.

We came here on a Saturday night and it was bursting at the seams. We waited 40 minutes but it was well worth it. I came with my parents and my wife. We started off having the BBQ nachos and those were delicious. They use beans, bbq sauce jalapenos and nacho cheese. The one comment if i would say on the nachos are the fact they use nacho cheese sauce rather than shredded cheese, but it didn't matter, these were gone i no time. The portion too, fyi is huge.

For main, I had the Boss burger with fries. One of the best burgers I've had, ever. I first would like to say that I love a place that will cook a burger medium rare. The bun, sauce, bacon, provolone combo is AMAZING.

My wife had the 6oz sirloin and unfortunately didn't receive it medium rare like she ordered. It was medium well if not well. There was no redness to the meat. However they were quick to fix the situation and brought my wife a replacement, without hesitation.

My parents had the 16oz Prime rib and 6 oz sirloin, both cooked to perfection. They also forgot the side of asparagus for my father, but again no problems getting that fixed quickly.

Overall the food was outstanding, the portions generous, the atmosphere welcoming and the quality great.

If I could give this place 4.5 stars, I would, it deserves it.

Visited June 2014
Minnesota
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Really good service in fact excellent. Wide range of food selection. A full service bar. Conveniently located near hotels

Visited June 2014