“Chicken & Pork Ribs” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Caserta, Italy
“Chicken & Pork Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Been at Lunch & Supper. Eaten either in the restaurant, or in the lounge. Both times nice. First time chicken and mashed potatoes, second time chicken & pork RIb (heavy dish) with onion rings. Nice LCD on the wall with sport events. Service smart and fast

Visited May 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
“Delicious BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spitfire was a random choice for us. We had never been before, but it was some of the best BBQ we've ever had! The meat was very tender and seasoned to perfection. We will definitely be coming back next time!

Visited May 2013
Mason, Ohio
“Always a must stop when I come to Fargo...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to Fargo for years, for a variety of business reasons, and always look forward to eating at Spitfire Bar & Grill.

The service, atmosphere, quality of food, and overall experience have always been consistent, though most of my visits over the last few years have been at odd times, for which I just sit at the bar and order. The place is a local favorite and gets quite busy for lunch and dinner. I would take that into consideration if expecting high end service.

The atmosphere is dimly lit, brick and glass and dark wood, comfortable booths, fans
overhead, etc. Seven TVs in the separate bar area, which seems to be a fav for locals to come meet up for drinks and a bite.

My all time fav meal here is the Spitfire Pasta, full of big chunks of chicken and creamy cheddar with a generous serving of slices of Jalapeño When I know I'm coming to Fargo my mouth starts watering for it.

There's usually enough I can take some of it with me for later, to which I now add a couple links of their homemade Andouille Sausage. Great rotisseried chicken, in pasta and cheese w/jalapeños, and Louisiana style sausage to go; just not what one expects in northern USA, especially all the way up in Fargo, but Ithaca become something I've learned to count on when visiting.

Highly recommended. Tell Kendra in the bar area the Spitfire Pasta guy told you to come.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beardsley, MN
“What a surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Very impressed with the menu. Not your run of the mill sandwiches. Kathryn, the waitress in the bar was exceptionally friendly. Service was great and food was inexpensive and outstanding.

Visited April 2013
Scottdale, Georgia
“NOT TRUE BBQ!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The restaurant was nice but who ever decided that to seat 6 fat people in a long booth was stuipd. We were crammed in like sardines. The service was good and prompt. The food on the other hand was awful! I had a sandwich with a combination if brisket, andouee sausage and pulled pork and my choice of 2 sides. My sides were a side salad with blue cheese on the side and onion rings with a side of ranch, The sandwich was tasteless and very dry. I had to add the ranch to to moisten and add some taste to the sandwich, There was NO SMOKE RING on any of the food, They said that they have won quite a few trophies but the food they serve at their restaurant is definietly on the food they serve at their restaurant. You couldnt even smell the smoke smell in or out of the restaurant and that is when you know that a BBQ restaurant is not good at BBQ. My husband had the same sandwich but with beans and the beans were dry and gummy, he had to add hot sauce to get some taste to the beans. That night, I was sick to my stomach from the restaurant. I dont recommed this to anyone who loves the TRUE taste of BBQ and definietly not worth the price you pay for it!

• Visited April 2013