“They did it again! I was treated as a king!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo

You added Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   525 East Main Avenue, West Fargo, ND 58078 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn West Fargo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in West Fargo
North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“They did it again! I was treated as a king!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I'm back and Sam and Rita as well as staff, could not do enough to make my stay GREAT!
My room is clean and it smells good and I'm a smoker.
When I return I'll be staying here in West Fargo with Sam and Rita.
Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Apple Valley, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The owners, Sam and Rita, run a tight ship and went the extra mile to make my stay pleasant and productive. (I was there on business for six weeks.) Their staff is experienced and conscientious.

I read the other reviews and a few of them mentioned problems, but my experience was wholly positive. I found everything clean and well-organized.

The amenities, such as the pool, hot tub, and complimentary breakfast were better than I expected for a moderately priced motel. There are several decent eating establishments, as well as fast food, within easy walking distance.

A Post Office and Library are also nearby. A guest washer and dryer are on premises and internet access is available for those without wi-fi equipped computers.

Room Tip: If you have instructions (such as "do my room last") for the housekeeping staff, be prepar...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cohasset, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was are 2nd time staying at this hotel . Nice , clean, quite, big rooms and friendly staff . We felt very safe and the guests staying there were very friendly . Good price and location .They also take dogs so we brought are 85lbs golden and her crate which fit perfectly in are 1 bedroom . Check it out !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

What a wonderful hotel! The room was spacious and clean, as was the bathroom. The bed was comfortable and there was a chaise in the room as well. Free breakfast in the morning was great too and even included eggs! Free parking is always a plus as well. Thanks for a wonderful stay, I would definitely return!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
West Fargo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at the Howard Johnson on May 7th and it was AMAZING!!!!!! The breakfest was excellent, I loved the pool and the price was good for what they had to offer. I also loved the room I stayed in because it was clean and I had no problems whatsoever.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

My family stayed there last night and found bed bugs on both beds in room 226 at 2am before going to bed. The person at the front desk didn't do anything or care to do anything, except call the cops because apparently causing a disturbance. What do you expect when you just found bed bugs?? We checked out and got out of there, left to find a new room completely on our own. They didn't even give us the name of another hotel to stay at and we had to demand a phonebook. The front desk person refused to contact the office manager so I guarantee you they didn't do anything about it after we left. I have never once had a problem at a hotel, but this was a nightmare and makes me never want to travel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
gupta08, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
The following response is respectfully submitted. First and foremost it should be noted that this isolated incident has been taken very seriously by the staff and management of The Howard Johnson. Our guests, past and future, should not be alarmed as there is no bed bug problem at The Howard Johnson.

Although an isolated occurrence, anytime a guest is not satisfied or not comfortable for any reason it becomes a top concern for all of us at The Howard Johnson, as guest satisfaction and comfort remain our number one priority.

Regarding the incident in question the room was immediately taken off-line; a staff evaluation was conducted, followed by a thorough professional examination. It was not until management was 100% certain that the room was suitable for occupancy that it was returned to inventory. As an experienced and conscientious hospitality professional this incident is both frustrating and alarming, as we host thousands of guests each year, consistently providing exemplary service and comfort. We unequivocally apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort this guest experienced and once again, we would like to assure you that The Howard Johnson does not have a bed bug problem. We take every step including staff training and implementing professional preventative programs to insure our guests’ comfort.

Employees of The Howard Johnson are firmly committed to guest satisfaction and the guest experience. We would like to personally invite you to experience this for yourself.

Travelers are raving about these West Fargo hotels

Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed here one night with our GS dog and the owners couldn't have been nicer. The room was a great size with 2 beds that we had no trouble fitting the large dog crate in the room with tons of room to move around. The room was clean and quiet.The hot tub was good and the breakfast area was great too!! They have a laundry area which was great to use. There is lots of green space area to walk pets. Was a wonderful stay and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo? Share your experiences!