“Worse service ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   525 East Main Avenue, West Fargo, ND 58078 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn West Fargo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in West Fargo
West Fargo, North Dakota
“Worse service ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few days because his job transfered him to Fargo from Oklahoma. During our stay the manager got in my boyfriend's face and yelled at him because I was with him. My boyfriend's company paid for the room, not just one person. The next day I asked a staff member about their pet policy and after she answered me the manager came out and yelled at me and called me stupid for not understanding his sign that they said was an old sign anyway and they have a new policy anyway! Then, the next day the manager yelled at my boyfriend again and when my boyfriend asked him to get out of his face the manager threatened to hit him! When my boyfriend showed no signs of being scared, the manager told us we had 15 minutes to leave before the cops showed up. After talking to a few people at my boyfriend's work, it turns out we're not the only ones who have had problems with this guy. I will never stay there again and I would never suggest it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
gupta08, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
We're sorry you feel that way, but you need to understand there is a strict hotel policy in place for pets and for false registration. Not only was there a dog in the room, but it was not
registered or paid for. The hotel pet policy sheet must be filled out and the pet fee paid for each night. This policy is in place not onlyfor insurance against pet damages, but for other guest's saftey as well. The dog did a considerable amount of damage to
the sheets, mattress, floor, and left a bad odor in the carpet. These things had to be replaced and cleaned, and the pet wasn't even paid for or registered at all. There were serveral hotel employees present at the time of the alleged incident of violence, and I can't strees enough that did not occur and we do not condone violence of any kind. There was a lot of foul language and rude
behavior from the guest over the pet policy. The second problem was that you, the girlfriend of the guest, was not registered at all. We contacted the company responsible for setting up the stay, and they said they would not pay for a pet or extra guests staying with their employee. They would pay for one person, their single employee only and that is it.
We have their email response if you want to see the solid proof. Our hotel attempted in the utmost
polite way to enforce our policies. We do not appreciate slander and false statements.

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bismarck, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Place is run by a bunch of people that barely speak english......(good luck getting issues answered) Its dirty and out of date even at its cheap nightly rate. Extra charges for common things are charged after you check out. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these West Fargo hotels

Whitefish
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

We stayed here while we were stranded in a snowstorm. Ended up staying 4 nights total. It was cheap (around $55 a night) but the entire place needs a clean up. Sticky floors, mold/mildew on shower curtains and windows, windows need washing, etc. Breakfast consisted of soggy waffles, donut holes, 2 cereals and juice/coffee. Housekeeping didn't show up, so we cleaned and vacuumed our own room (might've been because of the bad roads and weather). Overall, I wouldn't choose to stay here again, but we survived!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo

Address: 525 East Main Avenue, West Fargo, ND 58078 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn West Fargo)
Location: United States > North Dakota > West Fargo
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in West Fargo
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo Hotel West Fargo
Days Inn West Fargo

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn - West Fargo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.