“Noisy, slow but good food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Watford City
Cuisines: American
Honolulu
“Noisy, slow but good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

With only two decent restaurants in town, four of us came here for a change from Outlaws. Took 60 minutes to get an order of chicken wings. Waitress managed to keep smiling through the wait explaining the chefs were yelling at her for asking where her orders were. Duh. Grilled vegetables were tasty as was my Swiss mushroom burger. The place is packed with oil field workers and us travelers. This town desperately needs another restaurant!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Watford City, North Dakota
“They need better food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was really looking forward to a hot meal because I had not showered or seen running water in ten days. I was sad, dirty, and lonely and my coworker suggested we go there because he was also very sad and dirty. There were some real winners manning the jukebox and it was loud as hell in there. Tons of seating, yet no place to sit. I ordered a ten-dollar school-lunch-grade sandwich because the lady flapped a menu down and said "have you decided" before we took our seats, hehe. I told her "nice place you got here".
It's really big, new and clean. The bathroom was so beautiful. The handwashing sink was so beautiful. They only have picnic food on the menu, lots of seating space, very little bar space. The service is in a pile over there somewhere and they just hate you for being alive. My coworker accidentally ordered a beer from some guy's girlfriend and said: "Oh I'm sorry, I just saw a female in my peripheral". If you see a female, she probably IS the waitress, hehe. Ours took a long time to resurface with a cold FEMA sandwich that looks like it was made by an 8-year-old. We waited at the bar forever to pay the tab, then said screw it and left cash on the table. It's exactly what you imagine a bar in an oil boom would be.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“For ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

4 people in whole place and food took 4 ever!!! Food was good. Service was ok for oil field. Price is par for the patch.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Billings, Montana
“Good hot meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A little noisy inside due to it being very open. Good menu with a lot of choices. Pretty good food and not just the typical bar food.

Visited November 2012