“Recently upgraded rooms make this best hotel in Wahpeton” 3 of 5 stars

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wahpeton
2029 Two Ten Dr, Wahpeton, ND 58075   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wahpeton
Chicago
“Recently upgraded rooms make this best hotel in Wahpeton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I've stayed at most of the hotels in Wahpeton for business. While none are special, I believe the Americinn is now the best place. They recently put in all new beds and I find this place is now the most comfortable and cleanest place. If you have to stay in Wahpeton, I'd go here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Linda H, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wahpeton, responded to this review, March 21, 2015
Thanks for your great review. I am the new General Manager at the AmericInn. My name is Linda Hoffman.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Thanks for staying with us! Linda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Although the people at the hotel were friendly and gave good customer service, the facility was not in good shape.

Beds were hard, towels old and rough, AC units loud. The worst was a sewage smell that appeared. Told it was a hole in a pipe and there was nothing they could do. They did offer to move me to another hotel as they were full.

Breakfast was mediocre at best, but better than a previous stay. Coffee had improved.

Overall, I will not be staying there again, unless they do some major renovation.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstair room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
I just wanted to take a moment and apologize for your recent say at the AmericInn Lodge & Suites in Wahpeton, ND. I am the new General Manager at the AmericInn. My name is Linda Hoffman.

As of this point forward my goals are to make sure all guests that stay with us at the AmericInn in Wapheton that their needs and wants are met.

As for the AmericInn staffing, I am moving forward on retaining all employees for they can have the can-do attitude and willing to make sure the guess are very satisfied with their stay at the AmericInn. We have renovation over the years. This summer we are doing more improvements to our hotel.

Once again, I do apologize for your pass stay at the AmericInn was not a satisfied visit. I hope you can give us another chance and visit us again.

TwinCities
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Not clean, poor receptionist Friday night, dirty pool (hair balls), dirty rooms (hair in the tub) Poor quality (hot tub half full). In general the hotels in Wahpeton/Breckenridge have gone DOWN HILL. Stay in Fargo or Fergus for better luck

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

Even though I had a non-smoking room I could still smell cigarette smoke drifting into my room. The hallways smelled like old cigarettes and seemed dark. However, for the price it seemed like I got what I paid for.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

Americinn Wahpeton was a nice little hotel. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. We didn't use the pool but the pool area looked nice. It must have been busy the night before because the water in the pool and hot tub didn't appear to be very clean. Our room was clean and comfortable. Not having a large tub at home, I was looking forward to the jacuzzi. The tub is located in the corner of the room. It filled quickly and it was great to relax and be able to watch tv. The hotel was very quiet. Our room was located on a corner end unit and appeared very private. The bed had plenty of pillows but the decorations and style of the room was flowery (a little dated). Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Americinn and thought it was a good value.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Looking forward to your next visit. Thanks for staying with us! Linda
Grafton, ND
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

The pluses first-- clean, quiet, and a nice little pool.

Negatives- rock hard beds, flat pillows, no selection at breakfast, poor instant coffee at breakfast bar, no towels provided poolside, and something I have noticed at another Americinn-- powerless toilets. Instruct the kids (and husband) to ration the toilet paper!! Our particular TV had a set maximum volume on it that was barely a whisper, which is odd, as Americinn touts there soundproof walls so much.

These improvements would make it excellent, well valued stay. Otherwise, I would look elsewhere.

Stayed February 2008

As for the AmericInn staffing, I am moving forward on retaining all employees for they can have the can-do attitude and willing to make sure the guess are very satisfied with their stay at the AmericInn. Over the years we had made lots of improvements to our hotel.

Minnesota City, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2007

This is a nice hotel with 'outdoorsie' atire with a big stone fireplace in the lobby, accompanied with leather couches. They have a nice contiential breakfast (more than just donuts). Beds are kind of hard, but I slept good. Bathrooms are small, but workable.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Looking forward to your next visit. Thanks for staying with us! Linda

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wahpeton? Share your experiences!