After booking on the hotel's website (I selected 'Self contained apartment' under a heading of 'upstairs rooms'), we arrived for two nights to be told the apartment is not in the gorgeous heritage building shown on the website.
Instead, we were sent to stay a few doors down to an extremely unappealing building, with entry via a shrivelled garden that appeared to belong to the downstairs flat. Instead of overlooking the grass and trees on the foreshore in front of The Anchorage, we could only see the bowling club.
Neither the photos nor the description on the 'Self contained apartment' web page said this was in a different building. I felt very mislead and very disappointed to be staying in such an unappealing and dated property. Had this information been provided, we would not have stayed there.
- Bathrooms newly renovated/painted
- Even though we had paid for two nights, we were so disappointed with the quality of the accommodation we did not want to stay a second night. When we explained this, the hotel said they would refund us the second night if they managed to let the apartment (although they did not seem surprised at our reaction). We were refunded the cost of the second night, less a $30 admin fee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax, unwind and admire the sea views while soaking in your private spa. Accommodation choices include upstairs private spa rooms with balconies and family suites, ground floor en-suite rooms, traditional bed and breakfast rooms, a self‐contained cottage and apartment with balcony. Ideal for a romantic get away for 2, or a relaxed informal setting for a family, Anchorage can accommodate most requests.The original building, formally a heritage listed guesthouse has been tastefully renovated and expanded to include downstairs heritage style rooms to the more modern upstairs seafront spa suites with private balconies and spas.Most rooms have sea views, tea and coffee facilities, plasma large screen TV with Austar channels, small fridge and a comfortable queen beds. Different styles of rooms have differing bedding configurations to accommodate families, groups, couples and the single traveller.Anchorage Cafe, Restaurant, Wine Bar is open from 8am until late evening 7 days a week.The menu has been carefully designed around fresh local produce and includes hearty breakfasts, fresh baguettes at lunch with homemade soup and crusty bread and fresh salads, char grilled seafood and steak dishes and wood fired pizza for dinner. Open all day for house roasted coffee and cake. Our friendly and motivated staff welcome you to join them for an enjoyable meal on the seafront veranda, alfresco style in summer or in front of the cosy open log fire in the winter.Enjoy a glass of wine or specialty beer served at the unique boat bar, choosing from the exciting wine list or relax by the cosy open wood fire in winter with an award winning house roasted coffee.2 private function rooms are available for a corporate or private function, ideal for family birthdays, anniversaries, small weddings or corporate presentations or meetings. Our chef can accommodate any catering requirements and several function menus are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Anchorage at Victor Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Anchorage Seafront
- Anchorage At Victor Harbor South Australia