My wife and I stayed at an apartment managed by Balcony on Sixth twice in March 2012, before and after a Murray River cruise. Our reservation was made in November 2011.
The apartment, which is located away from the primary establishment, was in need of updating. It had air cooling (common in this area), but not the air conditioning that was advertised.
The terms and conditions applied by this organisation are unusual, and customers need to be aware of them.
First, full payment is taken at the time of reservation. No discount is offered for prepayment, and a minimum of 20% is retained in the event of cancellation.
The full terms and conditions are on the website, accessed by a link at the bottom, and guests are required on checking in to sign a form accepting them. They include
(1) Guests who check in outside the hours of 2pm to 9pm can be charged $20 per hour outside this time period.
(2) The conditions claim “The Balcony On Sixth Lodge and/ or it's management and staff will not be responsible for accidental injury to guests or for any loss of money, jewellery or valuables of any kind……” I doubt this indemnity would stand up at law, but more to the point, why should the establishment claim indemnity if their actions cause injury or loss?
I have never encountered such conditions before in 50 years of travelling, and I don't like them
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Balcony On Sixth Lodge takes pride of place and is conveniently located in the heart of Murray Bridge. Our 1918, heritage listed building houses the delightful accommodation facility the locals affectionately know today as ‘The Balcony’. Our staff will offer you and your guest’s personal attention, at a price to suit all budgets. The Balcony boasts an array of accommodation options, which are being constantly upgraded for your comfort. If you require one of our top self contained, Murray Bridge Executive Apartments or simply a Queen Premium Room for the night - please talk to one of our guest services staff or simply book here online for the best value, up to the minute rates. Whether it’s a short stroll to the river and parklands or to simply jump in your car to explore the many tourist spots dotted around the Murraylands. Why not let the Balcony On Sixth Lodge, Guest Services Team make your next visit to our beautiful region, an enjoyable and memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Balcony On Sixth Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.