“Hmmm...” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 3 things to do in Lobethal
More attraction details
Owner description: The theme park in the beautiful Adelaide Hills is based on magical fairy stories, the bushland walking trail winds past 17 cottages each with its own life size display that incorporates a mix of antiques and well known fairy tales. A unique experience for Adults and Children alike.
6 attraction reviews
“Hmmm...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place was so bad it was brilliant!! Must of been magical back in '73 however after being weather beaten and battered for 40 years it's definitely seen better days. Kids loved it no matter what. Iconic!!

Visited July 2013

8 attraction reviews
“Sad and rundown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place really hasn't aged very well and needs quite a bit of maintenance. Out of all the animated displays, less than half were in working order at the time of our visit.... and yet we were still charged full price to enter. I think we only counted 5 or 6 that worked at all. The exhibits need some mending or sprucing up and a vacuum and dust inside the displays once in a while wouldn't go astray. The playground looked good but it was too wet during our visit to play on it. I don't think we will bother returning which is a shame. It is sad to see what once was obviously a delightful place, fall into a state of disrepair :( I hope the owners fix up the issues so future generations can enjoy it here.

Visited July 2013
11 attraction reviews
“Takes me back to my childhood.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I didnt realise this place was still open but when I found out I was up there in a flash. It's old and showing its age but my three year old had an absolute blast up there, so it was definately worth the trip to see his smile.

Visited December 2012
9 attraction reviews
“Fairyland/wonderland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Brilliant place for the young and young at heart.....Has been quite a while since i last visited fairyland with my young kids and i had as must fun there as my kids did...

11 attraction reviews
“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We used to take our children there many years ago & they loved it. How disappointed were we when, a few years ago, we took 2 of our grandchildren along?! To be fair we thought that we would 'give it another chance'. Mistake!

when we went back 3yrs later, it was even worse. Hardly any exhibits, and, what was there , was in a very bad state of repair. We won't go again.