“Very Nice Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Very Nice Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here ,we were the only ones in the res, so couldn't complain about the service ha ha .
Very tasty ,good value ,will come again
Cheers :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

adelaide, australia
“Tasty hot curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I love hot food and my ambition is to find a very hot curry.
Every time my wife and I go to a thai or indian restaurant I ask for a hot curry and when they think it will be too hot, then add more chilli because i love it very hot!
Last night we went to Shri Ganash as we were in Hahndorf for a weekend away.
We entered the restaurant to be greeted by a wonderful aroma and soft indian music playing.
My wife, unlike me, doesn't like her curries too hot and she ordered a mild prawn malabi and I went for a hot goat curry.
The food arrived quite quickly and it was very good.
My goat was hot, it bought a slight tear to my eye but wasn't hot enough to break me into a sweat but it was the hottest curry I have had for a while so I was happy.
My wife was pleased with her prawn dish and commented that the naan was the best we have had in a long time, not as doughy as some are.
Overall we enjoyed the food the only downside was the sav blanc my wife ordered but there was not alot to choose from on the wine list.
As we left the waiter promised to make my curry hotter next time, so we are sure to return to see if they can get me to break into sweat!
Daz

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Robe, Australia
“A fantastic meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My sister and I stoped in Hahndorf, during our trip home from Adelaide for an early dinner. As we are both lovers of Indian food this was quickly our first choice. We arrived just on opening and the staff were pleasant and welcoming. As we were the only ones there (being around 5pm this is no surprise) normally a restaurant would feel empty and cold; however this was not the case. being a family restaurant, one of the staff had there two children sitting on a table near the kitchen. They played and read quietly, which seemed to bring warmth to the restaurant, in fact we often forgot they were there. The waiter was extremely nice and even helped us with the pronunciation of some of the dishes when we struggled, both of us loved this as its another was for us to experience the culture. We found the waiter to be very productive without hassling us and was great at recommending food. Despite only ordering enough for both of us we felt like we had a banquet. The food was amazing in both appearance and taste, and to top it off was at a very reasonable price. The food was so lovely, I decided to order some to take home to my house mate. We ended up eating it the next day cold and it was still amazing and was more than enough for the both of us. The food and service was defiantly worth the break in our long trip home and will be doing it again next time we head to Adelaide.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Littlehampton, Australia
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We went on a night where there weren't many places open. The family use the restaurant as a playroom when it's empty, the kids were quickly shooed away when we walked in. One of my pet hates is when the restaurant staff and owners sit at a table and chat and joke while you're eating. This place clearly had a table set up for this, newspapers, jackets over chairs etc. The night we went was cold and they reluctantly agreed to turn on the heating, half way through our meal they must have turned it off again, we were all sitting there with our jumpers on trying to stay warm. The food was really very good, it was presented promptly and looked great. I wont be back in a hurry though.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“A Pleasant Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We used a voucher purchased on the internet and, not having been to an Indian restaurant previously, had no idea what to expect. We were not disappointed with the food or the service and were helped most graciously in choosing menu items. A discount voucher was provided for a return visit and we intend using it in the near future.

Visited August 2012