“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 32 Restaurants in Hahndorf
Cuisines: German, Pizza, Tapas, Contemporary, Café
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: The Haus Cafe+Bar+Kitchen of Hahndorf is a dining and social experience like no other. Located in the heart of the stunning Adelaide Hills, The Haus of Hahndorf showcases an amazing selection of dishes created from the best in local produce.
Thornhill, Canada
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I stopped by for lunch at around 2 PM; the place was packed. After a short wait, we were seated at the back of the dining area, next to the toilets. Our server was pleasant enough, but the service was really slow. However; I have to keep reminding myself that, in Oz, service is generally poor as the labour pool is constantly empty.

The food was average and the price was high, as again is usual in Oz.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Adelaide, Australia
“Great Dining @ The Haus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Had a lovely coffee in the morning and returned for a brilliant dinner. Service was first rate, our meals so good that we chose not to spoil them with dessert!

Visited April 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Sehr gut!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Given the previous reviews, we had some trepidation about Haus - but took a punt and were very impressed. Service was spot-on, very prompt and staff very affable. We had the burger and chicken and avocado salad - both of which were very filling and tasty.
The Haus is spacious and modern with large window doors that open to let in the outdoors. As well, there is provision for outdoor dining. It's also on the main thoroughfare, in the midst of all the wonderful shops at Hahndorf. Well worth the visit - the Haus and the town!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide Hills, Australia
“Not a good day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I have been here a few times together and separately with others and have always thought The Haus food and service was good. Today, was not so good. The Pork Belly I have raved on about to our friend who order the same today was really disappointing. The crackling was grossly soft and meat was just salty and dry. I didn't dare ask what his was like. I felt bad he ordered what I recommended.
Service was mediocre. I went to the bar to order a glass of wine and was served rudely by the lady behind the counter.
Not in a rush to go back and will definitely stop raving about their food. Go across the road to the Hahndorf Inn

Perth, Australia
“Not vegan friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We tried to book here because another website said they were vegan friendly, but they aren't. Maybe it was just the girl who haas no idea.