“Bring your appetite!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hahndorf Inn

Hahndorf Inn
35 Main St | Hahndorf Inn Motor Lodge, Hahndorf, South Australia 5245, Australia
+61 8 8388 7063
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Hahndorf
Cuisines: Steakhouse, German
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the picturesque Adelaide Hill's village of Hahndorf the Hahndorf Inn Hotel has a rich combination of history & hospitality.Built in 1863, the hotel has retained many of its original features in "picture postcard" style.Open 7 days and serving breakfast 8:30am to 10am and meals from 11am through to 9pm, The Hahndorf Inn is a great meeting place for friends.
Melbourne, Australia
“Bring your appetite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My partner and I visited for dinner twice during our short stay in Hahndorf - he particularly loved the big servings and the many meal choices. We both love the original HB beer. Good value, relaxing atmosphere, friendly service and plenty of tables. Good fun to get into the German spirit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
“Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I dont beef so I couldn't eat their sausages but we ordered pork ribs set that came with ten chicken wings.

Didnt like either as the chicken wings were warm and wasnt crunchy.

Pork ribs were warm as well. You could tell it was pre cooked.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Grovedale, Australia
“Must return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Make sure you go here with an empty stomach, as the meals are huge. Fantastic value as two main courses plus a sparkling water and two glasses of good quality red was only $44. I wish I could have managed dessert but with so much food and a complimentary garlic bread there was no show. Don't be put off by the crowds around the bar when you enter as the eating section goes from the right hand side right down to the rear. This place is so busy and the staff seem run off their feet but a very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend Pete who was just a sweety and the young fellow who found us a table etc, very professional. There is so much choice in Hahndorf with cafes and restaurants galore but this place is amazing value, and the food quality can't be faulted. Very highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Bad Pretzel not making me thirsty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Came here on a Sunday afternoon as I had time to kill before work, asked the bar staff what the best meal to order would be with slightly limited time and they advised that the german sausage dishes would be quick and tasty. So I ordered the Vienna one and it cost over $15 dollars so I was hoping for something nice. I waited and waited and waited, the staff were all running around chatting to one another and most were quite young obviously new to the industry., which is good but they seemed to need direction. After about 25minutes i started to think they must hand make the sausages to order even though the barmaid said it was all ready it would just be plated for me once the order went through. Out comes the dish, it had one vienna, a huge pretzel and dubious looking potato salad. I ate the vienna which was okay not much taste to it and quite small. The pretzel was bad..... like it was old, had gone hard and stale and no one cared they just kept serving them. I started to ask myself how can you get a pretzel wrong?? Its pretty simple, then i tasted the potato salad and i think this was old as well. The potatoes were just wrong! covered in a dressing that did not hide this was not fresh food. So for over 15 dollars I ate a vienna that was already cooked but took over 25 minutes to come to the table and the place wasnt even busy. The pretzel is served cold and old so look out and the potato salad was not good. I wonder how in a place that would be so busy and have so much turnover that food was able to go bad like that......

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Blacktown, Australia
“Full stomach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Good initial friendly table service.
We then waited for a good 15 minutes to have our orders taken.
We were both satisfied with our meals (stuffed in fact).
Could have done without the beer (must have been flown out that morning 1st class) would have explained the price.
We also had to find our own knives and part of our order did not come out.