“The best in the village” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Yungaburra
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Established 2002. We are a small restaurant serving quality fresh food made from local produce. We cook French /Italian cuisine. Family friendly. Children's meals are available. Fully licensed, we serve quality wines, beers and spirits. Wheelchair accessible.
Yungaburra, Australia
“The best in the village”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you're in Yungaburra and want the best food in the village, it has to be Flynn's. Being a local I've tried all the rest but this is by far the best.
They change the menu frequently so there's always something new to try, but one of my favourites is the pâté with cornichons. One day I went for lunch and had handmade gnocchi in a pesto cream sauce, I'm not usually a fan of gnocchi finding it heavy, but I was converted after this feathery light experience.
There is also a lovely selection of wines, but leave room for dessert

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Jayne,
We are rapt with your delightful review. And honoured to be recommended by a true local. It is great to hear from you here in beautiful Yungaburra and your recommending our little Flynn's Restaurant has made our day. Yes, we make ( and eat ) feathery light gnocchi on occasion, and enjoy serving up our Duck Liver Pate as one of the perennial favourites that we offer on our small menu. Here at Flynn's, it's all about the food which we always make with care and love for you and all to enjoy.
Thank you, Jayne, for taking the time to recommend us.
Warmest regards, Liam Flynn

Australia/Texas
“Let the food do the talking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I recommend Flynn's to my friends all the time. But my description is usually this, "the menu is pretty small and doesn't always seem impressive, but when the food arrives, it is GOOOOOOOOD. And save room for creme brulee."

The atmosphere is relaxed and the prices are appropriate. Service has been mixed, but the food is always a winner. We have friends who drive up from Cairns just to eat there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Howdy BrittAg,

Thank you for your great recommendation of our little place, Flynn's Restaurant, here in the beautiful Atherton Tableland. We can see that you are indeed an impassioned FOOOODIE who responds well to the food that we love to make for you :)) In fact, it is all about the FOOOOOOD!! here at Flynn's. We are delighted that you recognize the quality of our fare and that you tell your friends about us. You're right, our quality of service can be mixed , sometimes it's only just my Mum helping me out, but we are currently in the process of recruiting a professional restaurant manager to ensure that we deliver a consistently higher quality of service to match the food. We look forward to your feedback next time you dine with us. And as always, we are working away to produce real food for you and others to enjoy whenever you visit.
Thank you very much, BrittAg for showing your appreciation.

Best wishes and many thanks,
Liam Flynn
Cairns
“Get in like....(you know the rest)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Lunch on a wet and miserable day in Yungaburra. Where to go? We tried Flynn's and found it excellent. It is a more limiyed menu than the dinner menu (and I really want to go back and try the duck) but the food is fresh, beautifully served and deliciously french. The servings are large and the tart tartine, a twist on what could have been a bit ho-hum turned the neal into a total delight. My spinach and philo pie was excellent: light and flavoursome and my partner's crumbed pork schnitzel the most tender, moist pork schnitzel I have eaten. Both were served with perfectly prepared vegs - in both cases asparagus and mine with tiny pieces of fresh beetroot, his with potato and aioli. All exquisitely cooked and served.
We'll be back for dinner next time.

Dear AshaCairns,
Thank you so much for your positive review of our little Flynn's Resaturant. We are delighted that like the food and for us to be able to sit down and read your thoughtful comments is always a pleasure.
We are very happy that you took delight in the food here, because that is what we are all about - the food. We love food and we hope that you love eating it with your friends and family as much we do. We look forward to your meal with us and your feedback.

Warmest regards and best wishes,
Liam Flynn
Cairns, Australia
“Stunning food and servive !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We visited Flynn’s Restaurant in Yungaburra for a work luncheon and I was extremely impressed. The service was exceptional – friendly, attentive and helpful. The waitress recommended we start with some beautiful warm home-made bread with olives. The pleasant spicy pumpkin and tomato with warm bread was very very good. For dessert, I selected a gorgeous warm gooey rich chocolate fudge cake, with cream. The food was perfect. During our meal, the bubbly smiling waitress came and checked to ensure we were enjoying our meal. If you are heading to the Atherton Tablelands, definitely pop in to visit Flynn’s for a meal!

Visited February 2014
Ovation17, Owner at Flynn's Restaurant, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Kirsty ,
We are delighted with your glowing review of our food and service. It is refreshing that you recognize that we work to produce simply good food and great service. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our place. Thank you. We look forward to seeing you at Flynns again.
Cairns, Australia
“Astounding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The food, service and friendly attitude towards myself and my overseas and local guests was 6*.
I would wish all restaurants in the far north were at this level of expertise.
What a marvellous establishment.
I will certainly be a repeat customer!
Well done staff at Flynn's!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wow!! Thank you for your wonderful review. It is very encouraging to us that you appreciate our food and service here at Flynns. Cheers, Fred. We look forward to you dining with us in the future.