“Shocking” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tully
Brisbane, Australia
“Shocking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Shocking ! Rooms are what i can only describe as PRISON CELL like. Has a 1970's look that needs updating, Bed linin stunk of stale beer The other guessed were trades men who have no respect for other guests and use 4 letter expletives. I travel to north Queensland a lot and would sleep in my car then stay here !!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at Tully Motel, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear unknown guest,

Sorry to hear you did not appreciate your stay with us...As you are not stating clearly your name or the type of room you had, it makes it even more difficult to respond. Consequently, we assumed you had the cheapest category of rooms out of our 4 categories...Now, each our room has at least a window that measures 120 x120, plasma tv screen, coffee & tea facilities, internet accesand min fridge...Concerning other people behaviour, the reception is opened late enough to come and see us to refer the matter so we can interfere. It is also regrettable you did not come to us and discuss your dissatisfaction as we never leave a guest unhappy....we would have moved you to a higher category of rooms...but we do understand each guest has his expectations and his taste..next time try our most expensive room and you will not be disappointed.....

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Dear Geraldine & Guy,

I am writing to sincerely thank you for your professionalism and hospitality that you gave us during our recent stay at your motel.

Our NATO visitors often commented to me on your pleasant and friendly personality, especially our Canadian counterparts who were taken aback when you talked to them in French!

You made my job so much easier with your organisational skills, eye to detail, and ability to accommodate us and make our stay a very pleasant one.

The trial was to be conducted in hot, humid and wet conditions and Tully certainly did not disappoint!!!

Thank you once again in helping to make our NATO trial a success, and I have no doubt that your new venture will be a success.

Please pass on our appreciation to all your staff, especially Kirra and the chef who made sure that we always had a drink close by and a delicious meal to end a hard days work!

Michael N

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
geraldine s, Owner at Tully Motel, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Thank you Michael for your review..We only had taken over for a month when your group arrived and it was a real test for us to have a full house....it looks like we passed it...thanks to our team work....We even ordered some humidity and a bit of rain to meet your expectations !!!!!! It was a real pleasure having you with us with a multi countries environement.....
Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The superior rooms are pretty much okay and quite cozy. Obviously not going to find a four or five star resort in Tully, so for a motel, I think it's great. The new people who run it are lovely and really accomodating and helpful. The best bit I am getting to, the food!!!!!! They have a great chef there, great oysters kilpatrick, these amazing thai green curry chicken spring rolls that are huge and the salt and pepper calamari is to die for, best I have had I think. So lovely people, the superior rooms are cozy and fabulous food. It makes my staying in Tully and being away from home a little more bearable :-)

Room Tip: Superior rooms along from the Reception are the nicest
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
geraldine s, Owner at Tully Motel, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you Amanda for this great review....It does absolutely encourage us to carry one with the good work....
We have been only here since the end of January 2012, but we shall do our best to upgrade the motel, the garden as well as our services to exceed our guests expectations....and i am very positive we will fulfill our target......Any critic good or bad will help us to improve our profesionalism..so please do so....

Geraldine & Guy
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was needing to stay in Tully to do some basic research and wanted somewhere very cheap. When I rang, the manager (or whoever answered the phone) was reluctant to give me the basic room because he reckoned they were for backpackers who stayed longer. However, when I arrived and we discussed this and he realised I honestly did want a basic (ie very, very budget) room and didn't need an ensuite, he was happy to oblige. Thus I ended up with a very reasonably priced room. Although I didn't have my own bathroom, the toilet and bathroom were just around the corner and this suited me fine as it saved me quite a bit. The room had everything else I needed: comfy bed, TV, microwave, tavble and chair, tea and coffee facilities, etc. Moreover, it was quiet and very clean and the cleaners who came around the next morning, helped put me in contact with someone who gave me a lift. They were very friendly cleaners and while they madly cleaned outside my room, we had a few laughs. I love this about northern Qld country towns. Nearly everyone helps out and does you any favour they can. Very pleased with this motel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed in a standard room and was charged $99. The room was basic but clean and had everything that was necessary for a pleasant overnight stay. Bed was comfy and the restaurant served outstanding food. Two minor problems that influenced my rating is the lack of complimentary internet and the non-existence of a window. I cannot believe that motels still get away with charging for internet, and being able to open a window at night for fresh air is very important to me: the only option in this regard would have been to leave the door to a terrace area open, without any fly screens...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Mackay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

Considering all the Motel accomodation we booked into in two weeks leasurely wandering around the north, the Tully Motel was the best. Good sized, clean rooms, friendly staff. We only stayed one night on the way home. Maybe longer next time.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We stayed at the Tully Motel for one night while on a road trip in Far North Queensland. We selected the property purely for location. Hotel staff were helpful and accommodating with our late arrival time, and we were pleasantly impressed with the room when we arrived. We stayed in deluxe room, which included a double bed, a table for dining, and a refrigerator/hotpot. The room was spotlessly clean. The bed was basic, but surprisingly comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly.The location was quiet. For a basic accommodation, this property exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Tully Motel? Share your experiences!