“Kayaking!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Tully
More attraction details
Owner description: At Ingan Tours you can walk in the footsteps of the Ancestors!In our Spirit of the Rainforest Tour you can share in our local culture and stories, our tour takes you deep into the rainforest of North Queensland where you will discover ancient and unique cultural traditions of our Ancestors the Jirrbal People.Visitors will immerse themselves in the experience and understand how life was for our people prior to contact from the outside world.Let us inspire you by viewing the world through our eyes…
Townsville, Australia
“Kayaking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had an AMAZING experience learning the way water moves and how to kayak through a 8km river path. The guide Doug was absolutely perfect! We were so safe and had an amazing time splashing around. The snack it to die for! I very highly recommend!

Visited August 2013
SonyaTully, Manager at Ingan Tours- Day Tours, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Lauren, thank you for your review of our new Tully Kayak Tour. When we created the tour we wanted to ensure that we could cater for all age groups and people's personal abilities. This is certainly a tour where you participate in adventure, fun and connect to nature. The Bulgan Creek is heavily edged by rainforest for the whole 8 kilometres of the journey. We hope to see you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
“DO THIS IF YOU CAN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I really think that for safety, pace, information, overall planning and equipment your’s are the very best tours I’ve ever taken. I was so happy to have such a great time doing such unexpected things - I know it was because of all your careful hard work that I could have such truly marvellous life experiences.
I had the most fantastic two days out walking all one day and then kayaking all the next. Everything unfolded beautifully. Gradually I came to see how challenging each day was and that just made me think over - not just, where was I? - but also, who I was with? But each challenge was managed so well and I felt really aware that I was in good, experienced, extremely knowledgeable hands on both days!

Visited May 2013
Dearest Angie, what a pleasure my friend to have you on our tours. Thank you for this excellent overview of our Tully Kayak Tour and Spirit of the Rainforest Tour. I met your sister in Bingal Bay recently and she commented what a wonderful day out you had with Ingan Tours, whilst visiting her. It's great feedback like yours that helps other travellers make a decision in what they will book upon coming to the area, keep up the good work. I loved making a cuppa for you back at home and sitting down at the table and hearing the passion you have as a guide working down in Victoria. If we are ever down that way I will certainly look you up and come on a tour with you. Take care and hope to see you soon.
Gold Coast
“Brilliant adventure for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have been using Ingan Tours for our American exchange students for a number of years now and they are simply amazing. They are friendly, professional and so very caring. They really treat us like family. It is the best indigenous cultural experience that we have found anywhere in Australia.
The Kayaking tours in particular offer a great day adventure. The rapids are fun but challenging and will promise to put a smile on everyone's face no matter their ability or age. The river is picturesque with many little place to stop and take a photo. You will honestly feel like you are miles from anywhere. Its quite a spiritual experience.
The staff will share stories along the way and invite you to understand a little bit more about their culture. The trip has been created with care and and I can guarantee you that everyone will love it.

Visited March 2013
Maz, thank you for the excellent feedback! We love you guys and enjoy your visit to us every year. We are really humbled by your comment that our product is the best indigenous cultural experience that you've done in Australia...this is a huge statement and it makes our team feel extremely proud...Thank You!
We can't wait for 2014 as we get to see you all again...as Aboriginal people it is such an honour and opportunity to share with your staff and the students what life was like for our people prior to contact in this country and how we are maintaining the importance of this through tourism.
I'm extremely proud that you and your team take a deep interest in our culture and appreciate our unique way of explaining what we as Aboriginal know about the local environment in particular the Indigenous thought process of holistic thinking...take care and bring on 2014 for another beaut year of fun and adventure on our Tully Kayak Tour.
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We loved this kayaking adventure with Ingan Tours - 2 adults and 3 children (14, 12 and 7). It was the most amazing mix of learning about water, rivers, kayaking, plants, animals, aboriginal knowledge and beliefs whilst also being active and learning skills about kayaking through the rapids. There was lots of relaxed paddling in between, a stop for a lunch of damper and billy tea and all in such a beautiful and peaceful environment. It was a very special experience. This was the highlight of our trip and probably one of the best activities we have ever done. It is also one of few activities that would be great in any weather. We would love to come back and do exactly the same kayaking again, even just to see our fantastic guide Doug and our bus drivers Sonya and Caroline again too.

Visited July 2013
Nicola, thank you for a very detailed review of what to expect on our Tully Kayak Tour. Firstly, absolutely delighted that you and your family enjoyed the day out with our team. Diversity is the name of the game for Ingan Tours...our tours are designed with the customer in mind and we believe that we hit the spot with our Tully Kayak Tour...as you've already experienced. I love how you remember everything for example: the mix of learning includes water, rivers, flora and fauna, aboriginal culture, whilst still being active throughout all of this learning. In particular you explain the children's ages which is excellent feedback for other families wishing to participate in this great product....thank you Nicola for a very detailed comment...it certainly provides authentic information for our future customers.
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“GREAT DAY OUT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

A truly wonderful day for the entire family! This was our first kayaking experience and we felt extremely safe at all times. Doug and Sonja were the perfect hosts and ensured that we were well looked after and felt comfortable in our new surroundings. The creek was simply stunning with crystal clear water. The yummy damper and hot tea were most welcome! Perfect for all ages!

Visited July 2013
Russell and Sam & family what an absolute privledge to have you all on board to do our new kayak tour. Sam thanks for getting up early in the morning to travel down from Cairns...but we made up for it I bet with the kayak tour! It was really nice to see you all having a fantastic time as a family and in particular that your children totally enjoyed the outing, I remember you saying to me that your daughter really didn't do this but is now a strong advocate for us...keep up the good work team boswell we really appreciate your support and hope to see you all again soon.