“THE MOST HORRIFYING EXPERIENCE.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Olive Grove Estate

Olive Grove Estate
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stanthorpe
Olive Grove Estate
You added Olive Grove Estate to your Saves list
5 Harris Street, Stanthorpe, Queensland 4380, Australia   |
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“THE MOST HORRIFYING EXPERIENCE.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I can't stress this enough- Please never stay here. Do not give these people your money or waste any of your time.

Not only did the female manager/owner not bother to check our ID OR our booking when we checked in, but we left at a ridiculous hour of the morning due to an uncomfortable experience resulting from the HORRENDOUS lack of security/privacy of the complex.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for the fact my friends and I were subjected to a terrifying 2hr ordeal stemming from an unknown man waking us up at 3:00am by switching on the light and standing at the foot of bed, and ending with a drunken patron of the complex trying to break in the door which we had to hold closed until the police arrived.

The first man came and left with apparent ease- an impressive feat considering the door was locked before we went to bed. A number of our personal items were taken in that time- which were later recovered with the male MANAGER/OWNER of the complex - it seems the master key was used to access our room while we (three young girls) slept.

I am horrified with this experience and have since had trouble sleeping- even in my own home. We have since sought a full refund and are intending to press charges.
DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
OwnerOGE, Owner at Olive Grove Estate, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
It certainly was not the owner as I know nothing about this alleged incident. If this review is real I would like to know about it. Please refer to our website for my direct contact details?

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My friends and I checked out of Olive Grove Estate at 6:00AM this morning, although we were actually fleeing from a traumatising situation rather than "checking out".

At 3:00AM, we were awoken by the light switch being turned on and an unknown man standing at the foot of the bed. He only spoke several words to us, that he was from "the house" and motioned to the next unit over. Stricken with terror, we asked how he got in our apartment (AS THE DOOR WAS LOCKED), he did not provide an answer, and then he left after about 2 minutes.

we searched the apartment to ensure no one else was inside, and discovered 3 bottles of alcohol were missing (we had been on a wine tour). We rang the police and sat in the living room as we were unable to go back to sleep.

About half an hour later, a man started pounding on the door and asking to let him in. It sounded like a different man to the first. He was punding on the door, barging the door and attmpted to open the door. He fumbled with keys, so at this point we barred the door from the inside and called the police again. He came and went several times, each time becoming more aggressive, until he stopped just before the police arrived.

The police spoke with the female manager, and she lead them to the apartment near to ours, where they found 2 men passed out, and our 3 bottles of alcohol that was stolen were empty on the table (among many others). Police asked us to identify the men, one was unknown to us (not the man who entered the apartment), but the other was the male MANAGER/OWNER of the complex.

The front door was definitely locked when we went to bed (checked by all 3 of us), so either the master key was used to get inside our apartment or this place uses generic keys that are able to open all locks.

Once the police left, we were unable to feel comfortable in this place, so we left immediately.

I feel absolutely sick to the stomach to think about this incident. For an unknown man to be able to enter a locked apartment, for our property to be stolen and then continually harrassed by a drunken man and forced to call 000, and what's worse, for the manager/owner to be found involved in the situation and passed out from drinking the wine which was stolen from us.

DO NOT STAY HERE. It is an unsafe place to stay. Please inform anyone else you may know intending to visit stanthorpe, and advise them of these safety concerns.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
OwnerOGE, Owner at Olive Grove Estate, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We (a bunch of 5 friends) stayed here overnight and loved it. It was clean, modern, had everything we needed.......loved the massage chair......and Andy, the property manager, and his partner (didn't get her name) looked after us really well. We have no complaints, and would certainly stay there again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Armidale, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

had a girls weekend, coming from Brisbane and countryNSW. There was no need to leave the unit, everything you needed was there. Really enjoyed the night and would recommend it to anyone. Found management only to eager to please

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Southern Downs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the only thing, there were a lot of weeds around the place, some as high as my knee. The gardens definitely needed weeding. Maybe more chairs/stools?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The operators of this accommodation are horrendous. Do yourself a favour and book somewhere else, they are rude and refused to accommodate us at the absolute 11th hour leaving my husband's birthday treat ruined and Wotif scratching their heads wondering what on earth their problem was. Any other accommodation in Stanthorpe would be better than this - we've previously stayed at 41 The Rocks who were wonderful, try that instead.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
OwnerOGE, Owner at Olive Grove Estate, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
It is true these people were refused to stay....however they do not state why. They disclosed to me by phone that they had SWINE FLU!!!!!!

I was not prepared to have them stay, risking other guests and myself personally of contracting this contagious life threatening influenza, especially as I have a major heart condition. Wotif agreed with my position and the guest was refunded in full. In fact I incurred wotif's commission to enable the guest a full refund.

This is the ONLY reason this guest was refused to stay at our property. As we were fully booked, I am sure other guests would have appreciated my decision had they known. It would be reckless of me if I had let these guests stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here and it was lovely. Don't understand the bad reviews as we loved it.

• Stayed May 2012
OwnerOGE, Front Office Manager at Olive Grove Estate, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We strive to make every guest's stay the best possible.

Been to Olive Grove Estate? Share your experiences!