“small well kept Motel in a lovely town” 5 of 5 stars

Tramway Motel
110 Broad Street, Sarina, Queensland 4737, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sarina
Bundaberg Australia
“small well kept Motel in a lovely town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very nice Motel, although it was sugar cane harvesting time and we did have the cane railway right next to the Motel.
It didn't worry us too much as we are from the Bunaberg area so we are used to cane trains!
Lovely rooms big enough for the two of us, very clean and very comfortable bed.
There is a new shopping centre behind the Motel which is very handy and if you want you can walk around the corner to get to it rather than drive your car.
The grounds are a credit to the owners kept very tidy and pleasant on the eye. Pool looked lovely we didn't try it as it was still a bit cool I would think in another month or so we would have enjoyed a dip in the pool though!
The owner was very friendly too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

As a business traveler, this is the perfect motel for me. With a large room, that is exceptionally clean, & well fitted out, more than enough desk/bench space to work and organize meals on etc.
All mod cons including a larger than standard bar fridge, microwave, tea & coffee, as well as good air-con and ceiling fans. I have yet to find decent accommodation in Mackay, so for a quick 30 minute drive, well worth the effort. Also shower water pressure is excellent (and good for tall people) as well as the free Wi Fi. Will stay here from now on every time I pass through the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had stayed two days and two nights and our accomdation was excellent, the beds are the most comfortable of beds (ever), cleaning services is 10/10 and the staff are so friendly. The swimming pool was so clean, and in the perfect of spots, the main road and busy traffic didn't bother me, in fact I forgot it was there. I love my early morning walks, the local amenities in Sarina are walking distance and so convienient. The managers are lovely people, always smiling, and having a dog there, it gives it that family warmth to it, like home. I am so glad I chose the Tramway Motel to stay, although I wish I had extended our stay longer, rather than having to stay two nights at Sarina Beach (sigh!). I will definately be making the Tramway Motel my next holiday retreat, thank you for making my stay, Perfect guys. I will certainly be recommending your Motel to my family and friends in NSW.

Room Tip: Rooms 12-10 are quieter and private and away from the busy road. There is a clothesline at the side...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the tramway for one night and found it a lovely place to stay. While the room was very clean and comfortable, the grounds were also very well kept and peaceful to be in.

The owners David and Michael were very pleasant and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the two room cottage. Good value considering that there is bedding for five and you could comfortably squeeze in eight for an overnighter. It actually works out cheaper to book the two room cottage which is very cosy instead of booking two individual rooms.

• Stayed January 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I have been a loyal customer of the Tramway for the last 10 years but David's behaviour has ensured I will never stay again. The Tramway has always been happy for my dog (that has also been travelling with me for over ten years) to sleep overnight in the car. This year David refused to believe that the dog stays in the car and without any hesitation charged me an additional $65 for cleaning!!!!Apparently my dog that never enters the rooms is responsible for the stained carpet in room 11. Be very wary of this owner, I doubt I am the only person to be stung by his unscrupulous behaviour!!

• Stayed January 2013
Tramway110, Owner at Tramway Motel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thanks for your review. There is nothing unscrupulous about enforcing our Pet Policy which was given to you. It clearly states there is a $15 fee for each pet and a minimum cleaning fee of $50. It is indeed a shame when the behaviour of a minority few affects the outcome for the majority of responsible pet owners.

TRAMWAY MOTEL PETS POLICY
Tramway Motel is a pet friendly motel that understands pets are an extension of your family. We do welcome pets for overnight stays only, however, they must have their own bedding as we do not allow dogs on our beds, furniture, carpet etc.
A pet fee of $15.00 is required for each pet. (Maximum 2) Rooms for guests staying with pets undergo special cleaning procedures including the use of specially-filtered vacuums to remove pet allergens in preparation for subsequent guests.
Pets must not be left unattended in the motel room.
Dogs may be exercised on grassed areas at the side and rear of the property. Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pet.
Any disturbances such as barking must be curtailed to ensure other guests are not inconvenienced.
Guests are responsible for all property damages and/or personal injuries resulting from their pet.

Please ensure that these above conditions are followed. Any excessive cleaning required following your stay will incur
an automatic $50(min.) cleaning fee charged to your credit card.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff.
The rooms were cosy enough and had the usual creature comforts.
New plasma on the wall and bar fridge that wasn't too noisy.
Couldn't hear the neighbours but could hear the train going past quite frequently. I am a light sleeper so this was annoying. I am told by the owner it is the Cane Train and is seasonal. October is near the end of the season for another 6-7 months before it starts up again.
Host was very helpful and supplied me with a map of town, pointing out the best meal spots etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Tramway Motel? Share your experiences!