“Damaged boat transport from mangrove creek- 100% perfect job!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Charter boat catering to couples, small groups and families. Completely personalised tours with no crowds or waiting. Activites possible being snorkelling, fishing, whale watching (during season), picnicking, swimming, camping or scenic tours through a choice of locations around local islands/coral reefs or rivers.
Mission Beach, Australia
“Damaged boat transport from mangrove creek- 100% perfect job!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I am a boat owner, and recently a trawler dragged anchor and collided with my 30ft alloy boat, causing some damage. Following the accident, the boat had been moored up a narrow mangrove creek waiting to be repaired.
When it came time to move the boat to have it hauled out and repaired, I wanted to be sure it would be moved without risk or worry- and Jason from Mission Beach Charters was asked to manage the operation.
I am very, very impressed by his work. He timed the move perfectly with both tide and weather working in his favour. He has years of experience as a professional tug boat operator so understood the need for control over the situation. He had all the gear required, knew exactly how to lash the boats together, and was able to pilot the boat out of the creek without raising a sweat! He makes every aspect of boat management look easy, and had the job done in less time than I thought possible.
If I am ever in need of on-water help, or transport to the islands, I will be calling Jason and Bec at Mission Beach Charters.
Cheers and Thanks,
Phil

Visited December 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

BecMissionBeach, Manager at Mission Beach Charters, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you Phil!
Yes, Jason has worked quite a few years as a Master of tugs! (it keeps him on the ball doing jobs like yours every now and then!) LOL
Glad to hear that everything went well - hopefully your boat will be repaired in next-to-no-time, and you'll be back in the water with your family for some sailing adventures on the high seas!
Good luck with the next step - may it be as painless as possible...
Cheers for now,

Townsville, Australia
“Amazing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Wanting to camp somewhere different, I stumbled upon Coombe Island and Mission Beach Charters. Best thing I could have done. After a prompt reply to my e-mail, Bec and Jason were helpful in every way possible. From booking the site for us when I had trouble with the National Park website, to rescheduling when our plans were delayed, to storing our car while we were away, nothing was too much trouble. Jason's knowledge of the area and weather was a great help also, and meant that even with some bad weather, we had an amazing time. I can only hope we are able to head back to this beautiful region soon. We would highly recommend Mission Beach Charters.

Visited November 2013
BecMissionBeach, Manager at Mission Beach Charters, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thanks Leah - it's always a pleasure to help! Coombe Island really is a gem, Jason and I have snuck away to escape there on quite a few occasions ourselves! Happy to hear that you and Miles enjoyed your stay and endured the first electrical storm of the season out there - well done!!! (obviously a good choice of tent , hey Leah??? )
It'll be a good tale to tell the grand kids about how you spent your wedding anniversary in 2013!
Take care over Christmas, and all the best for the new year...
Cheers for now
Atherton, Australia
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

What a great half day fishing charter, couldn't ask for much more. Awesome fishing, great service, fantastic time out on the water. Jason and Bec what an awesome service you offer, will definitely be heading out with you guys again, and would highly recommend to any keen fisho. We even overcame the banana curse...

Visited November 2013
BecMissionBeach, Manager at Mission Beach Charters, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Ha Ha - yes, the dreaded banana curse was SHATTERED that day! - I heard Anthony copped a bit of flack over that...nevermind....obviously the fishing gods overlooked the yellow stowaway that day for whatever reason - PHEW!!
Glad to hear that you and Geoff had a great day out - we look forward to seeing you again for some more fishing adventures soon.
Take care in the mean time.
Gunbower, Australia
“Thanks for taking him off my hands Jason.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Anthony had the best time on your half day fishing charter. So much so he is still talking about it 3 days later. One of the best and most enjoyable charters he has been on. Would highly recommend Mission Beach Charters. Thanks Bec and Jason.

Visited October 2013
You are welcome! Yes, judging from the photos Jason took of the trip, the lads did very well indeed......I hope all the fish tasted fabulous - you just can't beat fresh fish EVER!
We'd love to see Anthony again someday - perhaps you should accompany him next time???
Take care over the 'silly season'.
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent in every way possible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

From being picked up at Mission Beach and being taken across to Bedarra Island, everything was perfect.
Bec & Jason were fantastic and looked after us.
We had an outing at the Great Barrier Reef which was fantastic and yet again, Bec and Jason did not fail in the "looking after us department"
We had 5 star treatment and HIGHLY recommend Mission Beach Charters for your holiday
Thankyou Bec and Jason for all that was done for our family and the kids say a BIG HELLO to you both
Thankyou

Visited September 2013
BecMissionBeach, Manager at Mission Beach Charters, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thanks Mirjana for your kind remarks. I'm super happy that your stay at Bedarra Beach House went well, and you, Nick and the kids had a good time snorkelling on the reef. We'll have to make sure that Madi sees a dolphin next trip..(not sure whether we will ever be able to tick the "seen a penguin" box for Mark though!)..Let Mark know I was serious about him saving up money so we can go halves in a bigger boat too! LOL
Thanks again, lovely to have met you all.