I agree with the first review in that on arrival the outside was very disappointing and we couldn't even find the number of the apartment block on the building and were hoping that the inside was going to be a big improvement on the outside
We had booked for 4 nights but we left after only one night because the apartment was in very bad condition and the 2nd bedroom had a very bad damp problem that made sleeping impossible almost.
I expected that the apartment would have been cleaned to some standard and found the follow issues:
1. On arrival I had to pull the curtain down off the table and it was covered in bugs and hadn't been wiped for some time.
2. In the second bedroom the pillows were all covered in bugs and there was a very bad damp smell/problem which got worse after being closed up at night
3. The kitchen was grubby and places like down beside the fridge had months if not years of dirt/grease build up.
4. The shower was in very bad condition with a badly broken screen.
5. There were no towels on our arrival and I suspest this was because the "cleaners" hadn't been in to "clean" they did prompty drop off the towels when I called them though
6. The couch also had a damp smell and was badly badly stained as were the chairs at the dining room table.
For only $5 a night more we got a 5 star apartment in Trinty Beach - if you are going to stay within the competitive holiday rental market I would suggest they either put prices down or fix the existing problems before spending money on extra's like soft furnishings which in the photo's on the website make the apartment look quite clean and modern.
I did contact the owner after the first night and tried to meet them half way and pay for 2 nights instead of the 4 even though we stayed only one and was told to email them. I recieved an email back in reply basically telling us we were wrong and that we left because it was raining - very bad customer service and very rude email back from owners. '
Basically the place felt like it had been a permanent rental and they had done a spot clean and rented it out as a holiday rental.
Also they advertise it as Mission Beach and its actually Wongaling and in the middle of nowwhere you would need to drive to the GOOD restaurants at Mission Beach for food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully self-contained apartments opposite Dunk Island with undercover parking and very short walk to small shop, restaurants, bar and beaches. ... more less