“Great location and views on Cotton Tree's doorstep” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Duporth Riverside Apartments to your Saves list
The Duporth Riverside Apartments
6 Wharf Street, Maroochydore, Queensland 4558, Australia   |
NSW
“Great location and views on Cotton Tree's doorstep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had a great weekend at the Duporth in a 3 bedroom apartment on the 9th floor. The views and location are fantastic, the apartment was spacious and well equipped. We fished from the jetty on Saturday morning in the sunshine...heavenly. Our only minor grievance is that there is no BBQ available to hire for use in the apartment or within the pool grounds. Despite this i would definitely recommend for a weekend or long stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
TheDuporthRiverside, Manager at The Duporth Riverside Apartments, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Your comments are important to us and as a result we have now made available electric BBQ's for hire and use on our apartment balconies. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future to The Duporth Riverside at Maroochydore.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We moved to the Coast in 2010 without exploring the Coast on our recce in 2009. Found Duporth on net. What a godsend. Best place to start your Coast living. Ended staying for 4 months. Bevan and Leah just great. Easy walk everywhere. Cotton tree with playground and beaches not even a three minute walk away. Just so thankful that we did not choose Mooloolaba as our first stop on the coast - as recommended by many. Nothing can beat this spot and views.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed at the Duporth in the latest hols, and the view here is to die for! The location is very handy, but I do think the rating of 4 1/2 stars is a bit of an ask. The building is tired, the reception area full of tacky brochures, sandwich boards with no useful information and hire bikes, and the lift foyers are in need of a facelift. Nice units - ours was a 3 bedder, good size on the 5th floor. Could do with some minor cosmetic attention. Pool is lovely. Good parking. Clean, but again this building needs some love. No beach for kids either so maybe Cotton Tree or Alex is a better bet if you're taking them unless you like a walk!

Room Tip: Higher the better with those views.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

WOW!!! I booked 2 x 2 bedroom apartments in January, 1 room for my family (2 adults & 2 children) and the other room for my parents (who were wondering if they were sharing a room due to its size!!!). The rooms are clean, spacious, private, beautiful decorated and ideal for children as they have there own end of the apartment to themselves and keep out of our way!... Even though it was quite a nasty time in Nth QLD (arriving during the floods!!!) We did get to enjoy our balcony, a couple of days into our stay, and the amazing views of the river!!!! Pool was a big hit with all the family...Staff were great, and supermarket accross the road. I'm so glad I didn't go to Mooloolaba (but did I walk there every morning!) .....Will definetly love to come back!!!...

Room Tip: Grab a room with a view!!!
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Mooloolaba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Forget about the hustle and bustle of Mooloolaba, this is the place to stay on the sunshine coast. Beautiful apartments and Ebb Restaurant downstairs is a huge bonus. Close to shops, cafes and the beach.

Room Tip: 10 floors, higher up the better, great views
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment in May 2011 with my family, we went for a wedding and it was amazing! Out of the number of places I have stayed around Australia and OS I have to say this is the first one where the place looks like the pictures on the website!
Apartment was HUGE and the view.....stunning! The Maroochy river and beach are right at your fingertips, the spa was always nice and warm, the pool area clean and well maintained and the gym/steam room well equipped.
We didn't get to see much of Maroochydoore being only there for the weekend of the wedding but we are already planning our next visit!
My only complaint would be that we had 3 couples staying and one of the rooms was 2 single beds and they wanted to charge us an extra $20 to have it made up as a king for ONE night....and you had to pay for pool towels.....I would think in a up-market place like this pool towels would be complimentary, especially considering the apartments are not serviced so you have to make sure your towels dry on the balcony each day.
ALl in all a fabulous place to stay - we'll be back!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I've just returned from a very relaxing stay in the Duporth at Maroochydore. I had been working really hard and just needed a getaway for a week to revive. I didn't want heaps of nightlife or entertainment, just a nice place to stay in walking distance to restaurants, shops and the beach.

The Duporth was perfect for this!

It was so relaxing just sitting on your deck, glass of wine in one hand, book in the other and no house work. I didn't take my computer either - it was bliss. I did do some laps of the pool though, which took away the guilty feeling when I was tucking into some of the yummy deserts in the nearby restaurants.

To the apartments themselves - they had everything that you needed for your stay, the furniture and amenties in my room were quite modern, so I felt it was more up market that other places I previously stayed. The apartments were really big, so my partner and I never felt like we were on top of each other.

I did get an in-house massage - which was great not having to leave your room. But then you I don't think the beds are as comfortable as when you go out to get a massage.

The people at the resort were really nice. They helped us choose some really nice local restaurants - The Wine Bar Restaurant was great, as was the Boat Shed. But the restaurant in the Duporth - Ebb was really good too - probably the best view of all of them.

Overall

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Duporth Riverside Apartments? Share your experiences!